Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

And the image 'cheese' just posted illustrates my fustration...

Understand the frustration,but its a situation that can and will change. Whats everyones view of the trough dropping south sunday morning?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

I cant read a chart to save my life, but there's clearly plenty of cold air about, and once it's been in place for a few days and you mix it with precipitation chances are you're going to get some snow. Basics are not rocket science but how much, when and where are of course difficult to forecast. I've lost count the number of times heavy snow showers pop up seemingly out of nowhere and when its not forecast. If you were in the Alps it would be easy - but we're not - there's a bigger mix of variables due to the UK's place on the earth. That makes predicting snowfall (unless its a stick on snowmageddon) very hard to get right. Forecasting this must be both fun, and a complete nightmare. A real hiding to nothing!

Best bet, just watch the day by day forecasts and look at the radar. That will pick things up in some cases faster than your local forecast on the interwebs will update.

Just my twopenneth.

Edited by Barking_Mad
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

Also, Weather Underground has a great list of local weather stations you can use to check some (but not all) variables to see if you're set for snow.

Just type your location in the search box in the top right.

I see the Ranger-Hearts game has been abandonned due to heavy snow...!

That disappointed me. Nothing better than football in the snow. Although the yellow ball was hard to see on the tv!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

I still think we should be confident for next week in Yorkshire. Plenty of cold air in place from now and all through next week. I agree with thoughts that we will probably end up the sweet spot and will probably get a lot of snow on Tuesday/Wednesday, whenever the front actualy makes it in. It could even stall around us and give a long period of snow. Plenty to keep an eye on.

In the shorter term, plenty of showers to come tonight I think now and tomorrow, especialy in the west. More so than I thought earlier :D

Id be very dubious about a quick break down at end of next week aswell, cold air is hard to shift and ive seen the models time and time again blow it away like tissue paper and it is not correct. Even if the south west gets a little less cold, we might survive for much longer up here. The ECM is even showing slider 2 possibilities!! :cold:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Think i'm going to have a break from this site for a couple of days to stop myself getting too depressed...go back to looking at charts/forecasts myself and making my own assumptions...as i've been doing for the last 30yrs...i'm no expert by a long way but i know what's going on...enjoy guys

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

Think i'm going to have a break from this site for a couple of days to stop myself getting too depressed...go back to looking at charts/forecasts myself and making my own assumptions...as i've been doing for the last 30yrs...i'm no expert by a long way but i know what's going on...enjoy guys

i really hope things pick up for your area this coming week, everything crossed for you! :)

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry to hear that, yes your not going to get much tonight/tom with westerly element but a trough to move south sun,then tues,wed maybe thurs?

and that's before we know what way the patterns going to evolve. :cold:

Posted

Well I think showers should start popping up over the irish sea in a hour or so,everyone all good for a late one? :D

And that kink will pep them up early morning I would of thought.

Posted

Well I think showers should start popping up over the irish sea in a hour or so,everyone all good for a late one? :D

well it is the weekend so a late one sounds good lol :) noooooo school run in the morning lol 

• Like 1

Posted

yes im up for the long haul tonight lol. Some light showers approaching me now, so thats a start. Leeds has had its fair share already today :p

Should be around midnight when things pep up id have thought, going by the forecast, but thats only a guide in these situations

• Like 1

Posted

well it is the weekend so a late one sounds good lol :) noooooo school run in the morning lol 

LOL,only thing that's gona send me asleep is the wine :D

although the wife has warned me not to be walking around to much at 3 in the morn!

Just waiting now for the activity to pick up soon :fool:

Posted

LOL,only thing that's gona send me asleep is the wine :D

although the wife has warned me not to be walking around to much at 3 in the morn!

Just waiting now for the activity to pick up soon :fool:

haha wish i could have a drink, having 5 kids puts a stop to that lol, cant wait for the activity to pick up :)

• Like 1

Posted

What time to folk expect the snow showers to hit West Yorkshire?

Probably midnight onwards in truth,expecting to see activity pick up over the irish sea in a hour or so,but don't know if i'll make the heaviest showers in the early to mid hrs :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Thinking s c u n t h o r p e , North lincs may just miss out on the action

Been to long since a real snow event

Spoilt in 2010

Edited by Lincstim

Posted

haha wish i could have a drink, having 5 kids puts a stop to that lol, cant wait for the activity to pick up :)

Blooming hell lol,you better get some kip,leave your no for everyone on here.......call it your snowline :rofl:

Posted

Just what I was thinking joggs, is the odd thing popping up in the north sea but I expect this to pick up soon, also the heavier stuff towards cumbria seems to be edging further south two. Just a waiting game for now..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

There is a little shower heading straight for my area! :) I hope it doesn't die out. It will settle as there is frost everywhere at -1c

Posted

Blooming hell lol,you better get some kip,leave your no for everyone on here.......call it your snowline :rofl:

lmao, kids are easy peasy,.....when they are asleep and i can then get my feet up, but i do need to say only 3 of them are mine, two eldest are my partners kids so they are only part time lol :)

• Like 1

Posted

The most annoying thing for me is that my street light is out lol :( even the next one is aswell. Cant see anything very easily outside. Grrr!

All due to the THIRD water leak in a year outside the house. Can just about see enough.....i hope!!