Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

Think we're looking at around 4am now for any action looking at nwx model. P.s the gfs 18z is awful lets make most of this weekends fun and games guys.

omg i cant stay up that late, not when i got kids to get up early with haha 

• Like 1

Posted

Something that interests me on the radar is the development of the hook shape feature around windermere north,looks like the tail of it could develop our way?

• Like 3

Posted

Something that interests me on the radar is the development of the hook shape feature around windermere north,looks like the tail of it could develop our way?

It's definatly firing up now joggs, can't be long to wait until the fun and games begin :D

• Like 1

Posted

It's definatly firing up now joggs, can't be long to wait until the fun and games begin :D

You could be right mate,although I did expect slightly more action kicking off in the last hour,i was wrong. One question,how do the fells up Cumbria way manage to kick off that energy?

Posted

You could be right mate,although I did expect slightly more action kicking off in the last hour,i was wrong. One question,how do the fells up Cumbria way manage to kick off that energy?

I think it's simply because there's more energy/convergence in that area than ours at the moment. But the focus of the heavy echoes is always likely to be around the high ground as high ground usually kills of showers anyway, so nothing much is getting past the eastern side of that high ground.

• Like 1

Posted

Somebody under that streamer in southern Scotland are going to end up with a few" :)

Posted

Lots of activity Popping up over the Irish Sea now.

Edited by Love Snow
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Someone just posted latest high res runs in mod thread and it looks good for us i think. Lots of pink showing up from 3am-9am. Bring it on :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Seems to be a line of showers now developing just off the Welsh coast which correlate with the shower activity kicking off in the Lake District so the whole lot should run Eastwards and across Yorkshire in the early hours.

That is the plan anyway!

Oh and regarding the 'awful' GFS 18z run. The surface temperatures do not exceed 3c in our region until next Friday which is a whole week away and so it will only be snow (and possibly freezing rain after midweek) in the forecast until then.

And alot can happen in 168 hours so lets enjoy the ride and the many snow opportunities we are likely to have before then...starting tonight!

Edited by Kentish Snowman
  • Like 2

Posted

I think it's simply because there's more energy/convergence in that area than ours at the moment. But the focus of the heavy echoes is always likely to be around the high ground as high ground usually kills of showers anyway, so nothing much is getting past the eastern side of that high ground.

Yes I understand the energy aspect and it energizes more at the stronger point sort of speak,but what comes into play when you have an occlusion that's for what you were(straight up and down) and high ground along the boundry but reacts weaker in other areas when a lot of the conditions are equal?

Anyway we should see the same happen when interacts with the pennines.I think the connetics are doing me in lol

Posted

well thats kids finally in bed, i can chill now, apart from cats trying to eat the hamsters lol, need a drink but dont i know if i do have a drink the baby will wake up  :wallbash: lol, cant wait to see if we did get anything in the morning, as i wont be up at no 4am lol, maybe the snowline that joggs suggested  is a good idea LOL

• Like 1

Posted

Yes I understand the energy aspect and it energizes more at the stronger point sort of speak,but what comes into play when you have an occlusion that's for what you were(straight up and down) and high ground along the boundry but reacts weaker in other areas when a lot of the conditions are equal?

Anyway we should see the same happen when interacts with the pennines.I think the connetics are doing me in lol

Yes your right. Look at how showers in the irish sea are exploding into life as energy from this front pushes closer!

• Like 1

Posted

well thats kids finally in bed, i can chill now, apart from cats trying to eat the hamsters lol, need a drink but dont i know if i do have a drink the baby will wake up  :wallbash: lol, cant wait to see if we did get anything in the morning, as i wont be up at no 4am lol, maybe the snowline that joggs suggested  is a good idea LOL

Maybe you should go to bed now and set the alarm for 4ish lol,then sleep all day with the kids.Saying that you could get some action tom into sun :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

yes lots of specs and growing showers appearing all down the western side of wales now. We should all get some of these :D

Its very fun watching 'real' weather take shape isnt it. Radar is good for watching things develop with a front.

• Like 3

Posted

Maybe you should go to bed now and set the alarm for 4ish lol,then sleep all day with the kids.Saying that you could get some action tom into sun :rofl:

lol sleep all day, fat chance of that, even my 3month old sleeps all night but is awake all day lol, but then again i could just refuse to get out of bed and let the mr deal with all the kids hahaha! sorry always taking the thread of topic aren't i :p

• Like 1

Posted

At this rate, those of us to the west could see snow within the next 45 minutes! Radar goin booooom!  :drinks:

You're right Harsh,on me last bottle o wine,got to see me through till 4ish.

• Like 1

Posted

That streamer in southern Scotland :wallbash:  :wallbash:

haha i know, it would look even better down here me thinks, wish we could go streamer stealing 

Posted

lol sleep all day, fat chance of that, even my 3month old sleeps all night but is awake all day lol, but then again i could just refuse to get out of bed and let the mr deal with all the kids hahaha! sorry always taking the thread of topic aren't i :p

Is the mr into snow?

Or does he think your crackers like our other halves?

You've gotta plan better for these cold spells :D

Posted

Is the mr into snow?

Or does he think your crackers like our other halves?

You've gotta plan better for these cold spells :D

he likes snow, but not as obsessed as me, and laughs when im on here all the time, yes well next time i will be much more prepared, with a plan :)

• Like 1

Posted

he likes snow, but not as obsessed as me, and laughs when im on here all the time, yes well next time i will be much more prepared, with a plan :)

Lol,im not too bad with a 14 yerold and 11 year old(girls)but I know every floorboard that squeaks and how to move to the window not to wake the missus up :laugh:

Also the art of not steaming the window up when lamppost watching :clap:

Then crawling to bed half 5 missing out on a snow event and f~@king the wk up :laugh:

• Like 2