Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North Of England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

definite snow here where abouts in toon are you?

Byker.

Definitely rain here atm.

I'm building a canoe as we speak. Bloody marvellous this cold spell.

Snowing in walkergate very fine snow

Walkergate isn't in Cramlington.

Are you leading a double life?

Posted

very light snow still falling, moderate size flakes, although radar doesn't show much above my location

Posted

Light snow.

Decent sized flakes.

Not settling.

Posted

It's alternating between rain and snow.

Back to rain now.

Posted

Light rain continues.

That's all for now folks.

Good morning.

Posted

Light sleety/snow, bit annoying that the PPN is not falling for us yet again when the temps are favorable! 

Getting heavier and it seems to be settling on the road slightly,looks to be all snow too. fine flakes but better than I thought in fairness.

Edited by Geordiesnow

Posted

Light sleety/snow, bit annoying that the PPN is not falling for us yet again when the temps are favorable! 

Getting heavier and it seems to be settling on the road slightly,looks to be all snow too. fine flakes but better than I thought in fairness.

It's bloody raining.

As expected from the forecasts!

Posted

suprizingly quiet on here, its snowing moderately now and its slowly lying

I,ve took a photo of latest netweather radar which shows precip as snow with sleet on coast with temp. of 1c

post-7701-0-32861300-1422668409_thumb.jp

Edited by gazzac69

Posted

Just been over to Throckley and its all covered with snow and coming down wuite heavy until u get to A1 then just small flakes and not much lying

Posted

suprizingly quiet on here, its snowing moderately now and its slowly lying

I,ve took a photo of latest netweather radar which shows precip as snow with sleet on coast with temp. of 1c

Hopefully the moderate burst is heading this way then, still fine flakes with not too much intensity, bit of a snoozefest in all honesty, just waiting too see if its actually going to get interesting.

Maybe JP is getting mixed up because it looks like rain but its deffo snowflakes, really small ones. You can tell the road surface is very  cold in parts as its a dusting(very thin) on parts of the road but damp on other surfaces.

Posted

Hopefully the moderate burst is heading this way then, still fine flakes with not too much intensity, bit of a snoozefest in all honesty, just waiting too see if its actually going to get interesting.

Maybe JP is getting mixed up because it looks like rain but its deffo snowflakes, really small ones. You can tell the road surface is very  cold in parts as its a dusting(very thin) on parts of the road but damp on other surfaces.

its still snowing here, nothing heavy but there is some heavier echoes on the radar coming in from north northumberland, and with the radar showing this as sleet over the sea it should readily turn to snow as it heads inland, here's hoping anyway

just looked outside and its getting heavier with big flakes lying!!!!

Edited by gazzac69

Posted

its still snowing here, nothing heavy but there is some heavier echoes on the radar coming in from north northumberland, and with the radar showing this as sleet over the sea it should readily turn to snow as it heads inland, here's hoping anyway

Just feel again it could be an opportunity missed of getting some heavier PPN which will help to keep temps down so its less likely it will turn to rain. 

Still sleety/snow falling but its boring, really summing up the winter in this region like. Its reminding of that trough that came down a few weeks ago and it was the same, just a faff on and it eventually it turned to rain and we had a rain/sleet event all day on that Sunday. 

Edit: Mind you, as soon as I say that, its getting heavier again and its more interesting to look at!  :rofl:

Edited by Geordiesnow

Posted

Still coming down in Walkergate bigger flakes now

Indeed, much more interesting now, admittedly its much better than i thought yesterday and its a bit beter than i thought a few hours ago.

I'm glad I am not in work in the morning! 

After a initial period of sticking, we are in the period where its struggling to stick and the ground is wet, there is some patches around on the road where i previously reported a dusting and its lying slightly on the car windscreens but it is a struggle despite better intensity and flake size. Just shows how marginal it is. 

Typical, just as it got heavier and it was starting to stick again, its totally eased off and no doubt it will start too melt! Did eventually turn more interesting and its better than I expected so on that note I'm off to bed! 

Edited by Geordiesnow

Posted

I,m going to stay up to see what happens with  the band coming towards newcastle, its still snowing and getting a bit heavier here's another crap photo

post-7701-0-15004700-1422670631_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Nice heavy flakes and without the strong winds blowing, it is settling quite quickly.

Happy Days are here again :-)

post-8844-0-50595600-1422670971_thumb.jp

Edited by geordiekev

Posted

I,m going to stay up to see what happens with  the band coming towards newcastle, its still snowing and getting a bit heavier here's another crap photo

Wow, I think your a bit higher up than me but it shows the difference, there is a patchy dusting on the roads but we got nothing like that on the paths! Getting heavier again. 

Posted

We had a couple of inches down here last night, quite a bit still left. Hoping this stuff makes it for breakfast time. Colder air is undercutting behind so timing might be helpful after the freeze tonight. Glad to see there are some snow reports coming in. My folks like in Yarm and family across the NE, including Consett.

Posted

its looking interesting, radar almost looks like a streamer, sky has got that bright orange look, no work tomorrow, had a few bevvies feeling a bit tipsy, :D  nice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

its looking interesting, radar almost looks like a streamer, sky has got that bright orange look, no work tomorrow, had a few bevvies feeling a bit tipsy, :D nice

Yeah it does look like they are forming offshore and making it inland so may get a few more showers.

Still snowing and nice fluffy flakes this time round.

post-8844-0-80348100-1422671788_thumb.pn

Edited by geordiekev