Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

MIA  Looking at the lastest Fax Chart for Thursday I SEE WHERE YOUR COMING FROM,

to the of west Ireland if that comes over us and just to the south of us we will be on the cold side of it,

you can see the red line (the 528 DAM line) right over us,... I'm sure this will change between now and then but one most defo to keep an eye on.

post-11006-0-07375700-1417989319_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

MIA  Looking at the lastest Fax Chart for Thursday I SEE WHERE YOUR COMING FROM,

to the of west Ireland if that comes over us and just to the south of us we will be on the cold side of it,

you can see the red line (the 528 DAM line) right over us,... I'm sure this will change between now and then but one most defo to keep an eye on.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Thanks DWW,

I must admit I thought I was dreaming when I watched the program , so went to the MO thread,  but no-one was awaare of it. 

The forecaster showed what he described as the 'worst case scenario' which deepened extremely rapidly and went across central Scotland, but said they didn't think it would deepen that quickly and showed it coming further South. We will have to wait and see tomorrow if its identified on other models.

MIA

Edit The  best bit was when he said if it happened it would ensure the cold coninues well into next week.

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 2

Posted

Edit The  best bit was when he said if it happened it would ensure the cold coninues well into next week.

This is what we'll all be waking up to this time next week:

B4CLXnGCMAA7Y4h.jpg

Well, we can but dream, can't we?  :laugh:

Bish

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

White over with snow here after a few short but heavy snow showers earlier this morning. Probably less than 1cm as I look at it from the window but some more to come judging by the radar.

It's the first lying snow since Feb' 12th.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Snowing in Matlock....a few light showers and now a heavy one just not cold enough to settle..but still better than nothing...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Snowing heavily now and settling quickly. All the roads are covered after being wet earlier.

• Like 2

Posted

Snow on Clee Hill near Ludlow, so it has come quite far south.

• Like 1

Posted

Great to hear reports of snow from the north of the region. Let's hope the rest of us can get in on the action later in the week :)

Bish

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A cold night with clear intervals and sleet/snow showers building towards the early hours, Giving a slight covering. Currently cold with lying snow and ice, With patchy cloud and the odd sleet/snow shower.

Temp 1.1c

Dp 0.4c

WC 0c

Wind N/W 8mph

Gusting 23mph

Snow cover 65%

Not the best photo, And the wrong way round.. But was around 6:30am.

post-12319-0-50536500-1418031067_thumb.j

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 6

Posted

Snow being reported up in Manchester right now, albeit of the wet variety........

Some beefy showers heading down through the Cheshire Gap, but I don't think they'll quite have the legs to make it beyond the north Midlands.

Temp is currently 5.7°C with a dp of -1.1°C

Bish

Posted

Very sleety shower passing through right now. started off as that sort of very heavy, fine rain that melted snow makes as it falls.

Hope we might see some proper snow later this afternoon if the showers keep coming through the Cheshire gap :-)

Posted

Snow Friday morning for the Midlands, nothing to rave about but its a start......S95 :DGFS/P

gfs-2-90_fzv7.png

• Like 2

Posted

Had heavy shower at 3:30pm, just very cold 3c rain though, might catch another looking at the radar though so hopefully some wintriness now it's getting dark.

Posted

Just had a shower with a few blobs of sleet in it, nothing to rave about but its a start......

Had no snow here yet settle,very little in the way of showers.

This morning just abit wet and icy,snow on the berwyns high up but not much.

Just had a few sleet/snow showers the last hour of so max at 4.3c min of 1.3c earlier.

More NW-ly now.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Nothing exciting here. A very pleasant wintery sunny day. Cold all day esp in the wind. Skies clear, and temp currently falling, 3.5C.

Posted

Snow Friday morning for the Midlands, nothing to rave about but its a start......S95 :DGFS/P

gfs-2-90_fzv7.png

Looks goooooooood to me. Is that the so-called 'back edge' snow they refer to in the MO thread?

Posted

Looks goooooooood to me. Is that the so-called 'back edge' snow they refer to in the MO thread?

Oh yes!.... looks great, "nothing to rave about but its a start"........was Just a comment to the post before...."snow they refer to in the MO thread?" Cheers i'll have a look  :gathering:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

That looks very similar to my backedge snow on Tue 11th Feb '14, was my only lying snow of the season

had sleety showers early today, my first wintry ppn of season, last Dec think I had 4 days of wet snow/sleet showers

Posted

Not seeing any potential for Thursday Night/Friday now, Saturday either, charts doing the usual routine of flattening out the potential to plain WNW with -4 upper's nothingness.

Lord this has been a tedious 5 months of weather  :lazy:  :lazy:  :lazy:  :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Not seeing any potential for Thursday Night/Friday now, Saturday either, charts doing the usual routine of flattening out the potential to plain WNW with -4 upper's nothingness.

Lord this has been a tedious 5 months of weather  :lazy:  :lazy:  :lazy:  :laugh:

thicknesses do not support snow after front moves through, fri/sat, still a chance of backedge snow on front as thicknesses briefly good enough just depends on timing of front

• Like 1

Posted

Thursday Night/Friday morning is still showing in the 18z (GFS P) for SNOW on the back edge and a long back edge it is :cold:

gfs-2-84_mbx2.pnggfs-2-90_ddn1.png

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Back in the Midlands on Friday and the charts just look boring. Not cold enough for anything exciting, mild mush encroaching again. Lets hope fortunes change by Christmas.

Posted

Thursday Night/Friday morning is still showing in the 18z (GFS P) for SNOW on the back edge and a long back edge it is :cold:

gfs-2-84_mbx2.pnggfs-2-90_ddn1.png

Snow map is v encouraging. Rather disappointed to see MetO just have me (Ludlow) down for light rain early Friday am. Still, they could be wrong ...

Currently clear and quiet with a temperature of -2.2C.

Edited by picog