Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Morning guys,

Looks as though we still have a chance for tonight. We still need the slight adjustment south.

Scotland is reporting snow down to low levels now as colder air moves in behind a trough coming in from the North West.. Can it continue to push south? Just seen Carol on BBC1 moving the snow a bit further south into the North west Mids, so we are still getting some southern corections. Come on you know we can do it!

I have to go to the hospital this afternoon for scans so will  not  be around to organise our final push/pull..

I am sure Bish will be around to organise things though if it starts to get interesting later on. (Can he manage a miracle for us?)

Oh yes -    current temps have dropped to 4C now, after being at 5.2C yesterday evening, with one or two lightish showers  around, that looks as if they could turn wintry.

Good luck to all.

MIA

Good luck with your scans....and lets hope the showers continue to get more wintry....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Sooo funny - the thought of you out in the garden madly sawing off the top of the tree so you can lamp post watch!

Priceless!

I just love how mad for snow we all are on here, makes me feel right at home :)

Fizz,

I had it all worked out.... told the wife the twigs were overhanging the pavement , so if we didn't get them sorted the council would be onto us!. See simples really. She even came out to help!!, but I havn't let on the real reason yet. 

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 1

Posted

Was woken up at 06:30 this morning by the sound of torrential rain lashing against the roof. Quickly blew through however.

Currently 4.1°C with scattered clouds.

PS good luck with the scans MIA, nothing too serious I hope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Wet snow falling here about 15 minutes ago - didn't stick of course. Temp currently 2.5oC, and a nasty cold wind blowing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Fizz,

I had it all worked out.... told the wife the twigs were overhanging the pavement , so if we didn't get them sorted the council would be onto us!. See simples really. She even came out to help!!, but I havn't let on the real reason yet. 

MIA

Lol ~ still can't stop laughing at the mental picture this is conjuring up in my mind....

*wipes tears from her eyes*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

In our heavy shower this morning we actually had sleet, I know cos I was driving and could see the ice on the window. That's about how much excitement I get ;-) Anyway, 'tis chilly in the wind so wrap up warm today, I still have everything crossed for some snow this winter!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Wet snow falling here about 15 minutes ago - didn't stick of course. Temp currently 2.5oC, and a nasty cold wind blowing.

Wow quite surprised you had some snow there although you are quite high up :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Wow quite surprised you had some snow there although you are quite high up :)

So was I! But we do tend to get snow here when those a couple of hundred meters down the road get rain only. However as I had to put the rubbish out I wasn't too pleased, getting lashed with horrid wet stuff.

At the moment it doesn't look too hopeful for snow overnight here, at any rate, if that developing low ends up going over us or a bit north.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Wet snow/sleet/hail continues.

Posted

Was awoken by torrential rain in the night aswell, not sure what time as I couldn't get myself to move.

Good to see optimise in the thread regarding snow tonight, it's worth looking at the position of the front now toget an idea of where it will be in 12 hours time, good luck all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

yes...PM same here but more rain/sleet...but this mornings showers were all snow after a little rain...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Lots of lovely rain here, hope you lot in the North are not too jealous!

• Like 1

Posted

Just had a very heavy shower with some sleety bits in it! Otherwise a thoroughly cold, wet and windy typical December day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

When is a proper cold spell going to happen?

Posted

Not this side of Christmas!

Posted

what makes you say that

All the weather forecasts I have seen today show snow to the North of the Midlands with rain for

us, unfortunately. It may turn to snow, very briefly first thing in the morning but nothing will stick.

Posted

All the weather forecasts I have seen today show snow to the North of the Midlands with rain for

us, unfortunately. It may turn to snow, very briefly first thing in the morning but nothing will stick.

I thought the north Midlands were in with a shout. Staffordshire moorlands have currently got lying snow.

Posted

I thought the north Midlands were in with a shout. Staffordshire moorlands have currently got lying snow.

Yep. Hillier parts of Staffs and Shrops will see snow but low lying areas nothing from what I

have seen.

Posted

Wintry showers have continued here today of mainly wet snow, Several cm forecast for the Peak District overnight, As ever we shall see.

• Like 1

Posted

Pouring here again to, some really squally showers last night, hovering around 5c at the mo though feels colder with the intensity of the rain.

Posted

Pouring here again to, some really squally showers last night, hovering around 5c at the mo though feels colder with the intensity of the rain.

I wonder if evaporative cooling might come into effect at some stage? It certainly seems to be coming down hard enough.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

If only the temperature and dew point were just a little bit lower.

Personally have doubts about seeing any of the white stuff from the frontal system tonight... although even back-edge sleet would be better than nothing. 

I suppose, though, seeing something wintry from possible evaporative cooling (particularly if heavy precipitation keeps occurring) can't be entirely ruled out. 

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 1