Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

BIsh and all,

Just got in from hospital (gall-stone problems) - operation I think.-  (pleased its nothing more serious!)

Strange Bish,

Just a very slight drizzle here. Temp at 5C.

Looks as if we are just going to miss out overnight,( but am stll hoping for backedge stuff by morning), inspite of all my efforts! The cold air just hasn't managed to dig in deeply enough before the secondary arrives . It looks good for the Pennine people though.

We could well get a bucketful of rain though.

Oh well next time.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Yes definitely too warm here with a temp of more than 7 and a dp of 5.5, feels positively tropical!

Posted

Does have an air of 'December 1990' about it, I remember it bucketing it down like this with around the same temperatures and such.

The forecast said no snow that night, possibly sleet, but when I awoke the next morning we had over 2 feet of level snow that had not been forecast!

To top that, we also had no electricity for 4 days and no water for 2, the winter that followed was a memorable one :-)

• Like 4

Posted

Does have an air of 'December 1990' about it, I remember it bucketing it down like this with around the same temperatures and such.

The forecast said no snow that night, possibly sleet, but when I awoke the next morning we had over 2 feet of level snow that had not been forecast!

To top that, we also had no electricity for 4 days and no water for 2, the winter that followed was a memorable one :-)

Dont make weather like they used to.... â„ï¸â›„ï¸âœ‹

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Not much in the way of rain here as yet, temp 5.8oC. Wind's picking up, quite gusty now.

Posted

Good to hear it's nothing too serious MIA. I work at Solihull Hospital, I guarantee you will be very well looked after there :)

The rain seems to have eased somewhat, for the time being anyway. Temp is now 6.1°C with a dp of 5.2°C

Bish

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate rain/sleet here atm, Still the odd patch under the walls from early'r, 'Hopefully' as the Temps drop it will turn to..

Temp 2.1c

Dp 1.3c

WC 0.4c

Wind 7mph West.

• Like 1

Posted

also forecasting has advanced a lot since then so much less chance of a slip up tonight, dosent mean we can't hope though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

Just looked at tomorrow's weather warning image on the met office for West Midlands and it looks like a sandwich! If only I was in the top slice of bread and not the filling!!!!

Posted

Flash store near leek....

Right on the edge of the 3 Shire's boarders. But yes near Leek not Buxton. Only 25min drive from here.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

Polar Maritime

Think I will be needing regular weather updates from you in the next couple of weeks as I am coming to Darley Dale over the holidays. Hoping to get there and THEN get snowed in :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

thunder here at the moment....smashing it down with rain.....keeping an eye on my lamp post and im sure I can see some snow mixed in but then again it could be my eyes playing tricks...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Temp just gone over 6C , with a dewpoint of 5.4C So little chance of snow now.

The rain is moderate to heavy for te last 3/4 of an hour.

It looks as if the low is crossing the southern part of Northern England.

MIA

Posted

I wonder if evaporative cooling might come into effect at some stage? It certainly seems to be coming down hard enough.

Bish

Mild upper's unfortunately so no luck.

Up to 6.2c here now,absolutely belting it down, surprised just how wet last few days have been from a westerly, normally rain shadow effect.

Posted

Just been over to Barmouth (as you do on a wet December evening) and there is no snow whatsoever in Wales, even at 350m on the road between Mallwyd and Dolgellau. Just driving rain and wind. The temp up there was 5C, exactly the same as in Shrewsbury. Obviously no cold upper air at all then.

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy rain here, Temp 4.1c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Heavy rain here, Temp 4.1c.

Rubbish isn't it?? think I may just have to pack the house up and move the family to the boarders it may be the only option....its been 20 months since ive had lying snow im really not sure how much longer I can take it..... :wallbash:  :angry:

Posted

Like everywhere else (low lying) in the Midlands, it is 5C here, wet and windy. Seems to be precious little chance of snow now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Temps drop suddenly on back edges of cold fronts so would not rule out a brief spell of snow late night/ first thing in the morning more especially above 200m though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

It's raining quite heavy here as i type this. As for snow i think it's the folks up in north midlands who have hight will see snow tonight. i really can't see brum geting any snow although just seen the netweathers snow risk and it has Birmingham at 9%. Glad to heare some of you guys seen snow.

Posted

No snow here. Temp still at 6.7C so unless something very drmatic happens, highly unlikely now.

Posted

A very wet night with mod/heavy rain, A low of 2.8c

Currently; Moderate Rain.

Temp 2.9c

Dp 1.9c

WC 1.8c

Wind W/N/W 9mph

Gusting 30mph 12;08am

Rain today 12.6mm