Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Rapid thaw of snowcover now underway. 6 centigrade today and I believe it is expected to be higher than that on Sunday although I think it will be less mild than predicted due to the switch back to brief cold tomorrow. Snow has melted from all the roofs of houses etc. Just the grass, roads and pavements to melt now.

Posted

Rapid thaw of snowcover now underway. 6 centigrade today and I believe it is expected to be higher than that on Sunday although I think it will be less mild than predicted due to the switch back to brief cold tomorrow. Snow has melted from all the roofs of houses etc. Just the grass, roads and pavements to melt now.

Same here. Snowmans head fell off overnight. Almost back to a two way street after.a week of single track. I think the piles of snow from digging out and the snow plough will take a bit if shifting.

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

4.7C at 8am this morning. Any remaining ice in the shade has completely melted now

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Well I will be watching the temps after this front goes through to see how low they go. Expecting at least sleet/snow tonight at any elevation!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I like May too, early mornings with birds going mad and hawks showing off overhead, and that's when my garden gets going here. I also like Dec cos its xmas and my birthday. :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

It's got to be January for me especially if it's like this one wind storms thunderstorms snow hail sleet sunshine Sharp frosts ice days floods the only thing missing is a heatwave oh that's Sunday and no MIDGES

Posted

Warmest day for some time. Been a nice cold spell, some beautiful days but notable for the lack of snow here. Won't live long in the memory but I'd rather cold and no snow than mild and wet. Not expecting anything tonight after the front although Euro4 not without potential.

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Another vote for May here, for many of the reasons already covered. It's generally one of the drier months, can be warm but not too warm, nature has got going again, the evenings are light again etc. Usually a good month for getting out and doing stuff after the cold and/or wet winter and early spring.

Temperature at 8am in Kemnay was 4.2C, breezy, lots of grey cloud but no rain, yet. Ice & what little snow we had is melting no doubt, but still in evidence. I wonder of at least some can survive through to Sunday, when it then looks doomed.

• Like 1

Posted

Temperatures on the rise even at 4000ft:

Aonach Mor

Local Time
09:00 GMT = 09:00 Temperature Weather 2015-01-23 09:00 -0.8 °C - 2015-01-23 08:00 -1.1 °C - 2015-01-23 07:00 -1.1 °C - 2015-01-23 06:00 -1.1 °C - 2015-01-23 05:00 -1.6 °C - 2015-01-23 04:00 -2.1 °C - 2015-01-23 03:00 -2.4 °C - 2015-01-23 02:00 -2.3 °C - 2015-01-23 01:00 -2.8 °C - 2015-01-23 00:00 -3.2 °C

Posted

Temperatures topped out in the Fort William area at 6.9c. Should start to slide now from the north.

Posted

Very windy dull and milder this morning at about 7c. Now 3.8c clear skies and still frozen ground and snow patches in all the shaded areas.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Runs continuing to trend colder with it arriving earlier.....post-15765-0-38650800-1422031734_thumb.p

• Like 4

Posted

Well Kilties, the mild blip was mild enough to start the beginnings of a snow melt but very brief and the cold is back. It's 1.5C with snow showers in the last hour

Ps. Any month without midges also gets my vote. Though they are fantastic for honing your swearing #%^** little #£**#*s

Edited by Northern Strath
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

After almost a week of cauld days when nae precipitation reached these parts, today was milder with needless tae say fkn loads o' p15h falling fae the sky!

Ach well at least there's nae sadness o' melting snaw eh!!!

Big Innes

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Is there something wrong with the Loch Glascarnoch weather station? It's been reporting heavy rain for the last couple of weeks, often at temps well below freezing, despite the fact that the area is under feet of snow?

Here in the highland capital, of all snow other than that which was piled up has melted. Sleet back now though.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Temp here 4.7C and falling. Dry just now but some showers about. Gritters out though I don't expect anything wintry here. The small pavement gritter appeared in our street this morning spraying salt everywhere. Ironically it was the first morning except for the one last week after the heavy rain that there was neither ice or snow on the pavement in the last 10 days or so.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever is happening but partial to a snow drift

Temps are taking a dive here too. Still some snow and ice hanging on. Sleet and heavy snow forecast overnight so we'll see. Anything is better than the deluge we had this morning. I grieved for the demise of our pure white road this morning. It looked so pretty this past week even though it was lethal and sent my wee car skytin aboot like Will Ferrell in blades of glory. Let's hope these charts firm up on the polar side.

• Like 4

Posted

Is there something wrong with the Loch Glascarnoch weather station? It's been reporting heavy rain for the last couple of weeks, often at temps well below freezing, despite the fact that the area is under feet of snow?

Here in the highland capital, of all snow other than that which was piled up has melted. Sleet back now though.

Similar story here. Most of the lying snow has gone. Just my piles left! Just doesn't sound right does it?

Managed to get the car washed today so it can snow again anytime!

• Like 5

Posted

Heavy snow Drummochter and Glen Ogle! Sleet in north west.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Although superficially the grass in my back garden is no longer looking at all wintry, having just walked across it, it is still frozen solid. That'll be from the rain at the start of the week which then froze.

Posted

Dreich wet day ended with a clear spell and temps dropped quickly, but rain just started again. All snaw gone, black tarmac and green grass showing.

my best month has to be July, warm and sunny, just like all year round of my youth.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

'Apparently', in Cromarty there's a community-owned small snowplough/gritter that's supposed to be operated by the council. The rumour has got out that it's been locked in someone's shed for the last week and no-one has yet taken bolt-croppers to the shed. Sounds a bit meek for Croms... In Munlochy, a critical part of the High St pavement was left untreated all week so by yesterday was pretty well only usable if you had crampons. So the children didn't get PE in the hall.  The Highland Council are really fkn it up this winter and they're reducing the winter roads budget further for the next year. Idiots.

Temp up to 6C at Bettyhill this morning with light showers. On the way home I drove through some really damned intense rain near Alness that near enough had folk stopping in their tracks on the A9. Then I was home in the dark, raining at 2C.  Nearly all the local ice has gone but the hills will be getting more just now.

• Like 3

Posted

I may be wrong but I believe the obs from that station are automatic and therefore any precipitation is reported as "rain".

• Like 1