Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

It's a thin cover here (although unlikely it will last long) still it's nice to see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Frosty start here. Light cloud and feeling chilly.

Wish someone had bought me a weather station for my Christmas- anyone any recommendations on best one to get??

Charts looking like they are onto something!!! Not saying another word in case I jinx it lolâ„ï¸

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Frosty start here. Light cloud and feeling chilly.

Wish someone had bought me a weather station for my Christmas- anyone any recommendations on best one to get??

Charts looking like they are onto something!!! Not saying another word in case I jinx it lolâ„ï¸

If you want an unreliable and inaccurate weather station, buy a crappy one for quite a lot of money. The only reliable and accurate ones are fantastically expensive!

The alternative is to buy an old-fashioned min-max thermometer and put it somewhere shady, an old-fashioned barometer, a plastic twinwall rain gauge...

Sheet ice out here this morning. Might go for a spin :crazy:

• Like 3

Posted

About 3 inches since yesterday evening on top of the rock solid old base. Some heavy showers on and off through the morning, pity it'll all be blow torched in to a dropping mess tomorrow going by the forecast

• Like 5

Posted

Well after rain yesterday, which was actually welcome as it washed away all that depressing week old looking snow and all the grit, today it seems back to kind of wintry showers, although more over high ground but still cold, the car rooftops had an icy looking slush on them. I slipped and fell a dillion this morning on black ice on the driveway, hope no one seen it. Careful now!

Posted

Nice idea Weathermaster!

Really good day in NE Fife, long sunny spells, light winds, currently 4c.

Posted

I thought a few days ago it would be good if we had a weather station map that listed all known weather stations from the official Met Office stations to all known personal weather stations. I've used the sites SkyLinkWeather and Wunderground because they both have a great list of weather stations. I've just finished Scotland and the map has about 300 weather stations listed on it. I thought this may be a useful tool for everyone to use who just wants to check out their local weather or when severe weather arrives we can quickly find weather stations in a certain area and view their data.

A screenshot of the map,

attachicon.gifsmap2.png

When the map loads up just zoom and click on a marker. A box should appear with a photo and a link. The link will take you to the page where you can view the data. On SkyLinkWeather go into User Settings if you want to change the units to for example mph. On Wunderground on the top right corner there's a settings button in there you can change the units as well.

Map Link https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zm18Nhm68BHc.kYeDz-ei4HOY

Hope you all find it useful I'm thinking about doing the rest of the UK next would be good to hear feedback first.

Brilliant thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Great weathermaster - really useful. Thanks.

Cleaned my windows so they are ready for any incoming snow type weather lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

I may be wrong but I believe the obs from that station are automatic and therefore any precipitation is reported as "rain".

That could well be it, though I'm sure Loch Glascarnoch used to report snow. I've driven past it countless times on the way to Ullapool and stopped at the Altguish Inn beside it as its a nice wee stop at the midpoint of the journey - I know there's a power station there so maybe that might explain the past observations?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Didn't Lorenzo make a weather map of sorts like this a few years ago and it all went tits up after a while when G**gle did an update?

Got out for a spin today, literally in a Dingwall carpark, it was quite good fun rotating on the ice while trying the opposite of dodgems with all the people using it as a shortcut to Victoria Park...

Went up towards Glascarnoch later - some excellent big layered ice formations on the River Blackwater. I'd left the camera at home!

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Bright sunny day here for the most part. Started out at around 2C and probably got up to around 5C. Had a couple of light, brief snow showers this morning.

Had a walk around the woods this afternoon with the dog and for theist part the ground is still frozen solid. Never seen the paths so icy either, absolutely thick with it so spent most of the walk off to the sides.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Plenty of interest in the models this evening, this winter may well finish of in style :D 

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Yes mild mush Sunday but game on after Wednesday!

• Like 3

Posted

Was expecting it to be a mild/cold battle topsy turvy spell but seems likely the cold is going to win (again) this winter been much better than last year's paltry effort and seems it ain't done yet

• Like 4

Posted

I'm scared to post charts in case it ends up getting jinxed...but yum yum at them :D

Another 200 pages worth? 

Driech mush now, but that wind albeit it slight is piercing... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning. 5.7c/5.3c/W/drizzle.

I am including a link for Joe Bs Saturday weekly forecast (which is free to look at on Sundays.)   It certainly shows what the eastern US will be in for starting next week and, in his opinion, will carry on through at least until the end of March.   Towards the end of the video there is an overall visual global analysis.   I was hoping that some of our more able chart readers (LS?) could perhaps give us a low down on the set up for our possible future prospects?  Too complicated for me.

http://www.weatherbell.com/saturday-summary-january-24-2015

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 3

Posted

Right can we fast forward to Wednesday and bi pass all the boring days.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

A mild 7c here in Crail this morning, mostly cloudy and breezy with the odd brighter spell.

My crude take on the models would suggest cold air from the west with the chance of snow to low levels Wed-Thu, with favoured areas perhaps the same as saw snow last week. Then a less cold interlude Fri-Sat with snowfall possibly confined to the hills. Then from late next weekend a renewed push of cold air, this time from the north so perhaps a better opportunity for snow for the Aberdeen contingent who have largely missed out so far. All subject to change of course but an interesting 10 days ahead.

As for the possibility of snow on the ground in Crail....well I won't dig out the sledge just yet!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

I see Meto have warnings out for early Weds thru to late Thurs.  Not for us on East Coast tho! :angry: :angry: :angry:

• Like 1