Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and Stormy

I see there's an interesting spell of snow spreading southwards from the far north tomorrow evening/early Tuesday. What's the general thoughts on this? ...something to keep an eye on?

Yep, Met have identified this feature as an issue and have warning out for northern and central Scotland. Heaviest snow will be across the far north, then weakening as it moves south.

Posted

Reporting Scotland weather bulletin just described it as a weaker feature than first thought, so looks a bit underwhelming.  Some potential for northern and eastern areas, though.

Reporting Scotland weather bulletin just described it as a weaker feature than first thought, so looks a bit underwhelming.  Some potential for northern and eastern areas, though.

The Euro4 earlier didn't look too promising, fingers crossed for something but the way this winter has been going for a lot of people....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

The Euro4 earlier didn't look too promising, fingers crossed for something but the way this winter has been going for a lot of people....

I couldnt see anything on the Euro4 either. Think its another one thats faded away? 

Oh well. Maybe the next one ;-)

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Yeh total downgrade. Can only see the north and West lothian,Edin,perhaps Falkirk getting a cm or so. Looks like anywhere West won't get anything.

Posted

The Euro4 earlier didn't look too promising

You're not wrong! Someone somewhere might do OK but, for here, I'm calling a non-event already LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

hi Ed you don't need to go too far to get snow. just pop up to Dunkeld and take the high road over to Crieff or Aberfeldy. Plenty snow around Amulree with drifting yesterdays.

Ah brilliant....I am too busy toorping to think of such a sensible approach...now if only this was yesterday I would have taken that trip today....still the forecast should see snow still retained there by nextweekend so that will be the plan...cheers for that

I love snow but I am not normally grumpy about it it is honestly me just moaning for the kids as they have had so much fun in the little we have had would like them to experience a real snow event

• Like 3

Posted

You're not wrong! Someone somewhere might do OK but, for here, I'm calling a non-event already LOL

Your usually on the money aswell so I will lump in with you...I presume the 18z only backing the big duck off high....scared to look

• Like 2

Posted

Could do with some mild weather to get rid of all the lethal ice on the pavements here.. *runs*

Still a full cover of snow on the grass remains :)

Posted

Low of -5.7 last night.

Shame about tonight. Looks like it's going to be a chilly but quiet spell of weather.

Posted

Given the latest Met text forecast, BBC forecast, GFS and Euro4 I'd expect the current yellow warning to disappear for many this morning.

Posted

Just what you need to hear on a Monday morning....cheers 101 lol

I think u need to leave the country again in the interests of all the other posters

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

-0.8c/-3.1c/WSW. What a bore! Not so much as a frost here.zzzzzzzzzzz.

Posted

Just what you need to hear on a Monday morning....cheers 101 lol

I think u need to leave the country again in the interests of all the other posters

That did make me chuckle :D

Some truth in it though. 2 trips away in January and 2 relatively decent snow falls at home!

No one would be happier than me for some snow in the next day or two but latest Euro4 suggests pinning my hopes on this LOL

15020318_0200.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Flying to Stavanger for work this afternoon, back to tomorrow. Even it is apparently snowless.  :(

Looks like my best hope is to see a few flakes on the drive back from Aberdeen Airport later tomorrow.

EDIT

Maybe just maybe a few flakes for lunchtime once I've done my presentation.

15020312_0200.gif

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Thought it was going to be a really cold not night last night when the temperature dropped quickly to -1.2 by 7pm. But it rose back up above freezing by 9 and was -0.3 when I got up this morning at 7. At 8 when I left it was -1.0. The forecast was for clear skies last night but there was a lot of cloud which stopped the temperature dropping too much. Dew point hasn't been above -6C since Saturday night

Posted

Dull dry and frosty currently 0c. Ground iron hard as we had a wind all night driving the frost in. At least there is no mud.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Still freezing here. So much so the mice are everywhere lol! Caught one in the garage and one in the attic. Last night all I could hear was gnawing in the attic again! I popped into the greenhouse this morning and scurrying away was another one!!

Overcast and Baltic sums it up nicely.

Away to check my traps lol( good job I'm no feard I mice)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A different morning here as there's actually a sheet of high, grey cloud so no sun. Temperature was 0.7C or thereabouts when I left the house at 8am. Looks like tomorrow morning we might be one of the few areas to see some snow from the front coming in from the north. Quite how much or how heavy is difficult to say as the forecast seems to keep changing in that respect.

Posted

Seems to be a lot colder now than it was earlier on this morning. Very bitter

Posted

Revised warnings remove snow risk for many areas as expected.

Aye typical MO ramping us all up and then:

"This is an update to delay the start of expected impacts, reduce the southward extent of expected snowfall across Scotland and point to reduced amounts of snow in much of Northern Ireland."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Afternoon Kilties! a nice crisp and cold day here, I doubt I'll see much more in the way of white stuff this winter. I love the crisp sunny days, no wind to blast the skin off your face either....just a lovely clear day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

On the north coast this week...

Showers today are everything - rain, hail, sleet and snow. I guess I might be the only one left on here to possibly benefit from the overnight 'feature'...

Posted

Well I can say something which maybe makes the winter sound harsher than it is. I have had lying snow in every month of winter, so far? Still got some in the back garden today!

The fact the METO have removed the warning means that we might get some snow tomorrow! LOL :fool:

• Like 4