Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Had a couple of short lived heavy snow showers this afternoon which added to the snow in all the colder sheltered areas. Currently 0.4c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Just put the dog out and was surprised to see that it is snowing. Earlier showers have either missed to our East or petered out to the North. Small hard flakes but defo snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Anyone else starting to think there might be something in this global warming after all?

There've been several cold incursions this winter that I'm sure 50 years ago would have seen all of us buried under snow for at least a day or so, but they just haven't happened.  The big change I see is in SSTs, so coastal areas now stand a vanishingly small chance of more than transient lying snow, and even inland low lying areas have less cover.  When I'm home next I'll fish out my old Meteorological Atlas from about 1950 and post a couple of maps here.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Anyone else starting to think there might be something in this global warming after all?

There've been several cold incursions this winter that I'm sure 50 years ago would have seen all of us buried under snow for at least a day or so, but they just haven't happened.  The big change I see is in SSTs, so coastal areas now stand a vanishingly small chance of more than transient lying snow, and even inland low lying areas have less cover.  When I'm home next I'll fish out my old Meteorological Atlas from about 1950 and post a couple of maps here.

This has been the biggest wet fart of a northerly that I can remember, that's certain.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Would you believe it - they've actually got a weather warning for here right!   Snowing quite hard.   Looking at the radar, we do seem to be under a BLOB!

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Would you believe it - they've actually got a weather warning right! Snowing quite hard here. Looking at the radar, we do seem to be under a BLOB!

Aye same here Blitzy!

Didnae expect that?

Big surprised Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori
  • Like 2

Would you believe it - they've actually got a weather warning for here right!   Snowing quite hard.   Looking at the radar, we do seem to be under a BLOB!

Wooooooo hooooooo!!! :D :D :D

Blobs heading this way too, surely some mistake? -0.1ºC/-2.6ºC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Wonder if Edo will be oot oan the piste this evening?ðŸ˜

Big Innes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

It's snowing!!!!!

• Like 7

Posted

A wee snow shower here at Thornton,  not a lot but ground is frozen solid and it's turned everything white.

• Like 2

Light snow in suburban Kelso. I'm genuinely really excited by this, due to the temp/dew of 0.1ºC/-2.6ºC :D :D :D :D

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

The Blob, despite having passed over most of Fife managed to miss here entirely....the radar catches the Crail snow shield in action beautifully. Proof that when you've got a 4 year snow drought you just can't catch a break!

However, pleased to see some fellow easties getting a little snow!

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: long snowy winters, fresh spring, balmy summers, and cool crispy autumns

Yup can confirm wonder snow in the royal burgh of glenrothes on the south side. Its a wonder cos it actially just appeared quite literally out of nowhere!

• Like 5

Posted

Direct hit from the 'blob'! Looking white with a light dusting. Easing off already though. Unexpected.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Snowing here too. Turning white. 0.3/-5.9C. There is parts of the road which are turning wet rather than white. I got in 45 minutes ago and the sky was clear. Didn't expect this and it's quite heavy.

Was in the meteorology lab at the top of JCMB at KB today in Edinburgh. It was cloudy and dry, but to the east there were big dark clouds and witg the visibility in that direction I'm certain there was snow falling from it. To the north there were clouds that had that blurry look as if there was rain/snow falling from it but when they passed over nothing fell. So that may explain the reason for the radar this afternoon.

post-18130-0-11308300-1422993797_thumb.j

Edited by GrangemouthBairn
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Brucie bonus 1cm so far!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Shock just looked out of window to find fresh snow. Immediately stopped making packed lunches and rushed to check netweather forum. Much more fun than chores :)

• Like 5