Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well it may be 7C+ out there but I can tell you, stood down at the beach watching the son play football it felt beeping cold! The main culprit being the breeze, under grey skies so no sun to compensate.

Most of the lying snow here has gone now, but still enough on higher and/or sheltered areas to retain a bit of a wintry feel at least. If it's going to be grey like this all week I'm not looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Cracking sunset this evening, picture is a bit fuzzy. :)

post-21143-0-56734600-1423330296_thumb.j

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

500m? Must be the black Isle snow curse HC? :D south of the sneck and the snow still has an impressive cover from 200m upwards. Would happily have it bugger off as the thaw/freeze action has caused vehicle dodgems on the driveway

Seeing as the Groundhog went for another six weeks of winter I'm assuming the met office will follow suit? Or maybe its just Fox News who would base their meteorology on an animals shadow..

I should have been more explicit - I meant north Sutherland.

• Like 1

Posted
I should have been more explicit - I meant north Sutherland.[/quote

I seeee. What a place to be, my favourite is probably the north west corner, Achmelvich, Stoer, Loch Inver etc amazing place. Enjoy

Posted

I wish I had my camera out. Didn't think of it but the sunset tonight was rather spectacular

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

It was a cracking sunset earlier. Took a pic also but didn't do justice to the redness of the sky.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever is happening but partial to a snow drift

still a lot of lying snow around up here to low levels, some really thick ice too, feels like it has been around for weeks. However there is still a lot less than there was - temps seem to be much lower than being forecast by MO.  Nevis Range still has plenty snow and there is some more forecast this week so hopefully that will top up my smileometer for next weekend, if it happens. I don't mind this high pressure, much better than high winds and driving rain.  Sunset was amazing tonight - the bridge looks awesome, what a cracker of a photograph.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Some cracking sunsets in the last couple of nights. Great photo of the bridge. :good:

Here a beautiful frosty morning but cloud then rolled in this afternoon. Currently1C so another frost likely.

Here to contrast are a couple of photos from the Aberfeldy - Crieff road before the high winds scoured the hillside. First Meall Dearg looking South across the frozen Loch na Craig and second North to Farragon Hill.

post-4999-0-32835400-1423353056_thumb.jp

post-4999-0-79435300-1423353209_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Posted

19287_768512383234855_716840117467685810

Cheggers, I've got to ask, did you take that? If so, well done and I hope you got it in a good resolution cos if I took that it'd be getting printed and hung on the wall!

• Like 2

Posted

Cheggers, I've got to ask, did you take that? If so, well done and I hope you got it in a good resolution cos if I took that it'd be getting printed and hung on the wall!

I wish. Friend on FB posted, but thought this would be a better reflection of the colours we were seeing last evening.

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Finally worked out how to reset the min and Max on my weather station. Friday night had a minimum of -1.8, Saturday had a Max of 8.4, and last night had a minimum of -3.9. The pressure got as high as 1042.7hPa as well last night. Must be a long time since pressure was as high as that in the UK.

The sunset last night was amazing. Like some others I took a couple of photos but didn't do the redness justice

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Morning All ( those of us that are still here) trooping through the anticyclonic rock that has decided to take up residency!

Having had a smart phone die and go for repair, then a laptop battery fry itself and await another, been without internet, really leaves you feeling cut off ! Cold Turkey from the charts and will have to slowly rehabilitate..

Sunset last night was a 10/10, simply stunning.

The pics above are by a photographer called Grant who has a fbook page Real Edinburgh, he gets some amazing images consistently.

https://www.facebook.com/RealEdinburgh/photos/pb.177917008961065.-2207520000.1423387752./768512383234855/?type=1&theater

Image is available on a limited edition run.. http://www.realedinburgh.co.uk/blog/limited-edition-1/

Like others got a (now fixed) camera phone image, didn't do it justice. A cold day a the local park caught this winter scene of the loch.

post-7292-0-05977200-1423388296_thumb.jp

Whilst boring for chart watcing, it is a nice settled spell of weather, still harsh overnight frosts, ground meandering between semi solid and concrete, still ice patches in the garden and nice clear skies. Still feels like a cold spell, especially without the Atlantic barreling in junk.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Morning All ( those of us that are still here) trooping through the anticyclonic rock that has decided to take up residency!

Having had a smart phone die and go for repair, then a laptop battery fry itself and await another, been without internet, really leaves you feeling cut off ! Cold Turkey from the charts and will have to slowly rehabilitate..

Sunset last night was a 10/10, simply stunning.

The pics above are by a photographer called Grant who has a fbook page Real Edinburgh, he gets some amazing images consistently.

https://www.facebook.com/RealEdinburgh/photos/pb.177917008961065.-2207520000.1423387752./768512383234855/?type=1&theater

Image is available on a limited edition run.. http://www.realedinburgh.co.uk/blog/limited-edition-1/

Like others got a (now fixed) camera phone image, didn't do it justice. A cold day a the local park caught this winter scene of the loch.

attachicon.gif10923291_10153080248564808_2165645185911139055_n.jpg

Whilst boring for chart watcing, it is a nice settled spell of weather, still harsh overnight frosts, ground meandering between semi solid and concrete, still ice patches in the garden and nice clear skies. Still feels like a cold spell, especially without the Atlantic barreling in junk.

Aye Lorenzo, if we cannae get Blizzard conditions bringing copious amounts o' snaw,

Then I'll take this HP cell every day!

Considering that we only received the dregs from the recent snaw falls,there is still snaw cover in shaded areas.

Starry sky's by night with frosts,Blue sky's and Sunshine by day with a chill in the shade and a warm glow in the Sunshine and Stunning Sunsets of an evening and surely a great spell for outdoor activities, especially our Ski Industry!!!

Can we book wan o' these HP cells for the Summer of 2015 please?

Big daft oan HP Innes

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Still here just nothing to add....going to look at new kitchens today is that of interest lol....

Things do seem to point towards a change this thu/fri as a low pressure comes across the Atlantic but where it goes and how it affects our weather the models have not a scooby right now....at least should make the charts worth a check tomorrow to see what is likely

Edited by edodfc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Still here just nothing to add....going to look at new kitchens today is that of interest lol....

Things do seem to point towards a change this thu/fri as a low pressure comes across the Atlantic but where it goes and how it affects our weather the models have not a scooby right now....at least should make the charts worth a check tomorrow to see what is likely

Perhaps you could cook up some better weather, or put us back in the freezer... :whistling:

Nice and sunny here this morning for a change. Ms HC  :give_rose:  back from her run so I'd better get busy...

• Like 1

Posted

Started clear and frosty but clouding over a little now. Think the cloud might be the main factor this week (all a bit drab really)

Posted

Nice sunny day ground begining to dry so easier walking.No real frost last night and currently 5.9c.Snow covered hills round Firth look stunning.

Posted

Raining here. Snow slowly dwindling. Our road is now snow free. Just what's left on grass etc and the pile at the end of the drive.

Posted

Glorious spring day here! Unlike yesterday the sun is shining, clear blue skies and virtually no wind. Only problem was I therefore had no excuse not to wash the salt and grime off the car.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

BBC Scotland have a gallery for last evenings sunset pictures.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-31246770

Here are a couple from the gallery above.

post-7292-0-67698100-1423415784_thumb.jppost-7292-0-64993100-1423415785_thumb.jp

post-7292-0-95172600-1423415786_thumb.jppost-7292-0-13277000-1423415788_thumb.jppost-7292-0-02756600-1423415789_thumb.jp

Pretty special.

• Like 4