Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Sunny spells, briefly hit the dizzy heights of 11.2c when the sun came out which was nice, currently 8.7c :)

Posted

Nice starry sky on the way home from taking Mrs Northernlights out for a Valentines meal where most of the couples were of our vintage some of whom we knew. Currently 2c.

• Like 1

Posted

Nice starry sky on the way home from taking Mrs Northernlights out for a Valentines meal where most of the couples were of our vintage some of whom we knew. Currently 2c.

If I'm ever trying to suck up to someone older than me, I might steal that phrase you used haha - 'vintage' :)

Anyone else's thoughts turning to spring/summer now?

There was vague talk in my household of going upto the Cairngorms for some skiing but that's looks like it probably won't come to fruition so I'm thinking ahead to summer...

I noticed the sun was much higher in the sky (noticed it was easily over a big tree at about 10:30 when before I left circa 2/3 weeks ago it was barely scraping above it) and tonight we were debating wether to go to turkey or the dalmation coast (Croatia) for a cheap week abroad in the hot sunshine.

Everyone else is almost definitely still yearning for cold and snow... I'll get my coat

• Like 1

Posted

Over on the west coast rather than my usual haunt. Good day here on Islay with some sunny spells and max temp near 9c. The whisky is decent too. ;-)

• Like 3

Posted

Beautiful day. 8.9c and very sunny. Feeling springlike after a chilly low of -0.7c

Posted

Bright sunny frosty 0c start to the day .Wind has risen all day and we now have a southerly gale roaring at 7.5c so pretty cold outside. Our nice spell seems over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Well, it's been a tad breezy here today, some parts getting gusts of over 60mph. Then we had horizontal rain. It's calming down now and also very mild. More of the same later this week, so back to normal then!

Edited by mistyqueen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Hold the spring bus...may get another marginal snow event for a few in a weeks time...won't get too excited though....beautiful warm afternoon here kids took jumpers off and running around cul de sac in t shirts in mid February (spits in disgust) anyway...they actually had the sledges out trying to pull them over grass...bring a tear to a snow starved glass eye

Edited by edodfc
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Back north now... and it's windy & raining :shok:  Better than grey nothingness - usually.

Is somewhere going to get snow tomorrow? I mean here, not bloody Finland!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Photo from Boston....car won't be seen by morning....mind boggling weather there

post-15765-0-25538900-1424048073_thumb.j

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Back north now... and it's windy & raining :shok:  Better than grey nothingness - usually.

Is somewhere going to get snow tomorrow? I mean here, not bloody Finland!

Quite possibly, a few showers still about for north/west of the Great Glen while the colder air moves in:

15021621_1518.gif 15021618_1518.gif

nmm_uk1-42-21-0.png?15-23

Possibly a bit of wintriness for Tuesday morning too, albeit with HP fairly close by I wouldn't expect anything too spectacular:

nmm_uk1-42-36-0.png?16-00

and the stuff tomorrow is unlikely to lie until overnight:

nmm_uk1-0-21-0.png?15-23

Could be a decent frost for many if nothing else:

nmm_uk1-0-30-0.png?16-00

The models are suggesting a return to the type of synoptics we saw for most of the first half of winter:

ECM1-192.GIF?15-0

so definitely still some interest there, although it is a bit of a shame that we haven't managed to get much in the way of deep cold into the mix yet.

• Like 5

Further to LS's post above this one, this morning's ECM has spat out a couple of stinking storms. 850s could be of interest if we wouldn't be so busy tying all of Scotland down (for safety rather than for 50 Shades of Grey moments):

post-2844-0-80049100-1424076189_thumb.gipost-2844-0-75516900-1424076190_thumb.gi

Then two days later it's round two:

post-2844-0-71409200-1424076191_thumb.gipost-2844-0-75762100-1424076192_thumb.gi

Two fairly potent windstorms, huge upland blizzards with those although perhaps the usual sleety mess at lower levels? Certainly a change from what we've had in the past couple of weeks. I'm not sure what anywhere else is like but we need a good blast of rain here to wash away the grime. The roads and pavements are getting slippy with the grimy slime on every surface.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Just to give you an idea of what I have to cope with here... hubby and I discussing winning the lottery this morning.  I said buy a smallholding/ he said a wee cosy hoose. I said sheep and hens/he said a Jag. I said Torridon or Applecross/ he said Callander.

:angry: :angry:

Just to give you an idea of what I have to cope with here... hubby and I discussing winning the lottery this morning.  I said buy a smallholding/ he said a wee cosy hoose. I said sheep and hens/he said a Jag. I said Torridon or Applecross/ he said Callander.

:angry: :angry:

Callander is nice...I'm sure you could move him a few miles north and find somewhere up Glen Ogle :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Callander is nice...I'm sure you could move him a few miles north and find somewhere up Glen Ogle :D

You can get a good curry in Callander... But perhaps you should just move to AppleX and see if 'im indoors follows.

On a weather note, we have rain by the bucketful this morning. Could be an evening on lamp-post duty. Hang on, no lamp-post...

Posted

Forecast was for 6c and cloud cover but thankfully it's very sunny once more. Cooler than yesterday at 7.1c with a slight wind. Something of a novelty when the met office are fairly wrong two days in a row... Long may it continue :)

Posted

Frosty starry night at 0c. Grass field that was crossed by wood harvesters still awaiting fence repairs. Six inches of grass in it when they started in October and not grazed off. Now all brown with all the bare frosts of this winter hope there is not to much frost kill. We have had a winter although to date not a snowy one but still lots of snow scars on high ground over thousand feet round about us.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever is happening but partial to a snow drift

A wee dusting of the white stuff...which was nice.

• Like 1