Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Not been on here at all this week due to mountains of homework. First time I had seen a weather forecast in a while today and what a surprise with quite a lot of snow forecast this weekend! Here's Hoping for something good! :):D

Posted

Earlier snaw never amounted to much, but another 30m higher up behind Drumbowie Ressy has turned white, might have to have an extended walk with the dug the morn. Everything frosting over nicely now as well.

In between showers earlier

post-2849-0-80634300-1424463033_thumb.jp

Edited by Cheggers
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

What's all this chat about showers of sleety snow? Nowt here. The only thing there is to get excited about is the gorgeous moon and very bright Venus quite close together in the west. If you've not got cloud take a wee trip outside and have a look. It's beautiful.

All I can see is Uranus. :blink2:

Bloody hell it's been a mad few days, and that was just work. The weather was bonkers too, up to 15C one day, three nights of frost, fearsome hail and sleet showers and incessan wind until today.  It'll probably calm down now I'm home...

• Like 2

Posted

Not had a frost like this for a while. Blue sky, everything white, lovely. Not convinced I'll see any snow over the next few days but feels like winter again and I'm happy with that!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

A stoater of a morning here!

White frosted landscape,Blue Sky,Sunshine and wee bits o'mist passing by the hill top.

Think ah'll go up oan the hill this morning as the view over central Scotland will be at it's best.

Porage first though ðŸ˜

Big Innes

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

As above glad to be up early this morning, nice hard frost overnight and the Winter switch flipped back on. Beauty of a day.

• Like 4

Posted

Beautiful morning here, +1c at 8am with glorious sunshine and no wind. Fantastic winter morning!

• Like 1

As above glad to be up early this morning, nice hard frost overnight and the Winter switch flipped back on. Beauty of a day.

Aye, it's an absolute cracker of a day today, currently 1.6ºC but it was -1.8ºC when I got up. I'll be in -20ºC with a strong wind chill later, shame it's only the freezer at work!! Can't wait :(

Posted

Beautiful morning here too, 2c after an overnight low of -1.5c in Crail, -3.4c in Leuchars.

Another great day in prospect following on from 7 hours of sun yesterday. 82 hours of sunshine already this month at Leuchars.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Sunshine in buckets today:)

Frost and blue sky, gorgeous.

Thinking of spring and seeds, hope I get some time to mooch in my greenhouse today.

Party tonight in the big smoke, will it be frosty again? Will I need my big coat lol - must be getting old! Lol

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

-1.7c overnight, beautiful start to the day. I noticed a bit of frozen ground when I was walking out and that made me wonder so I walked up the hill and right enough there was more and more the higher up I went. A white covering was very evident 100-150 up, on north facing fields. The south facing fields had lost most of their cover but looking to the higher hills and mountains of the Southern uplands they looked lovely and white.

So we did have falling snow last night, just a shame it wasn't a tad colder and I'd have had a slight covering :)

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Low of 0.1C overnight. Frosty and sunny start

Posted

What's all this chat about showers of sleety snow? Nowt here. The only thing there is to get excited about is the gorgeous moon and very bright Venus quite close together in the west. If you've not got cloud take a wee trip outside and have a look. It's beautiful.

1530444_793442504083147_3099674961905107

• Like 5

Posted

Just had wee intense snow shower :) though nothing to compare to my mate in Boston !! I wrote him a poem :)

Boston Hoth

Sidewalks a memory

Resigned to the pages

Of last years fall

Climbing to make

The subway station

Streetcars transformed function

Snowploughs creating peaks

As the warm sea fuels

The cold air snow machine

The groundhog could not see

Blinded by the blizzard

Boston slowly turning to Hoth

Will the spring strike back?

As the snow hides the flowers

Of the Boston ice tea party

The elf of elbrookcourt

post-11322-0-71882100-1424520290_thumb.j

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

At Glencoe blue sky's and powder snow.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Blue skies in Skye, temp 0.2c had a we shower of something more solid than rain this morning, but all is shiny and bright now!

Posted

Snowing heavily here now with huge flakes. Not really making much if an impact though.

Edit: Left some slush. That's it.

Edited by Kayemill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: crystal cold man!

Just back from lecht ski center which has snow but are prepared for the rough weather coming in the coming days.  wind speed was high and coupled with plenty of white stuff it was baltic...Snow in inverness early this morning.   

Think I have been away a little to long for this forum. You know when you walk into a room and everyone go's silent......... :(

Anyway, GFS model's look scary for next few days so It's going to be eventful. Will keep an eye out on here for any updates..  

Stay safe

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

One for Shuggee here:  post-4537-0-70427800-1424538215_thumb.jp - Forsinard, yesterday afternoon.

There was some weather approaching from the west at that point - fortunately for me I was right next to a car!

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 4

Posted

Blue skies in Skye, temp 0.2c had a we shower of something more solid than rain this morning, but all is shiny and bright now!

YeP It's what's known as a brain fart.

Anyway supposed to be skiing at Nevis Range tomorrow. Might get a morning, before the day after tomorrow weather arrives. Glencoe was mobbed today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Tomorrow definitely looks the wrong side of marginal for most, Monday may be a different issue though. 

You can see just how pronounced the upper warm sector is by tomorrow afternoon:

15022215_2106.gif

so in spite of not awful air temperatures what falls will be, at best, sleet, away from higher ground:

15022215_2106.gif

15022218_2106.gif

By Monday morning though we're back into colder air, and you can see that the snow level is likely to creep down almost towards sea level:

15022306_2106.gif 15022306_2106.gif

15022306_2106.gif

As the day progresses the winds will turn more to a straight westerly, but at the same time less cold upper air temperatures will encroach, meaning more marginality by evening. However, it'll still potentially be cold enough  even with uppers around -4C for what falls to remain as snow, at least for 200m+:

h850t850eu.png prectypeuktopo.png

Temperatures on the GFS aren't especially low but the DP is progged below 0C, so with heavier precipitation you're probably looking at a temperature/DP profile that's right on the borderline between a sleety mess and decent snow:

ukpaneltemp.png ukpaneltemp.png

Definitely one for nowcasting.

More cold upper air temperatures move in from the northwest on Tuesday evening, albeit likely a drier picture by then, and more Pm incursions still through to the end of the week:

h850t850eu.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever is happening but partial to a snow drift

Woke up to a wee white wonderland then spent the day at Nevis Range skiing lovely powdery bumps and jumps, my favourite kind of day. Not hopeful for tomorrow but will wait and see. It's a bit cool out tonight.

Posted

How do Kilties. Currently in Skye visiting peeps. You'd be hard pushed to find better snow capped hills than the Cuillins. Chilly oot, with a starlit sky after a mainly fine, crisp day

Heading back home tomorrow where there is currently a covering of snow