Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Does that not look like a sting jet tonight

surely a amber

Was thinking the same thing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Miserable day here. Damp and direct though just brightening up a touch as type.

Forecast for a mate who works in Tuktoyaktuk in NW Territories. Makes our forthcoming wintry showers look tame. Temps due to drop to -25C during this with gusts of 120 km per hour.

http://www.google.org/publicalerts/alert?aid=89eb1ff32fcd3d57&hl=en&gl=UK&source=web

Edited by Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Can anyone make out the centre of the low? Not the most prominent of 'eyes'.

post-21143-0-67491300-1425133652_thumb.g

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms,cold, heatwaves.

May be last chance of lying snow. Have only seen one morning with light covering so far. Late Sunday to Wednesday potentially but these charts do tend to overdo it.post-12867-0-51530200-1425134837_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Afternoon Shaw Hunters! We are back to our usual damp,dreich and blawy weather here. Had a few beefy gusts a wee while ago and pressure is dropping quickly. I hear that there may be some white stuff for some next week! There will be a lot of happy peeps on here then!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

Walking to work this morning i noticed the lack of growth in the daffodils I've seen them flowering at this time of year (shows how good a winter it's been here) a few steps later splat fearing the worst i looked down what a pleasant surprise frog spawn winters my favourite season but spring its not to bad

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Lashing rain here. Looks interesting for sun-wed.:)

Posted

Cloud starting to wrap round the centre now. Maybe a chance of a sting jet but that's an uneducated guess. :)

Posted

Just 9 miles away on the moor road to Carrbridge winter is still evident. Currently 5c here but was 2c on the moor road according to the car thermometer.

post-2744-0-39136100-1425150374_thumb.jppost-2744-0-18009500-1425150479_thumb.jppost-2744-0-85764500-1425150497_thumb.jppost-2744-0-02450600-1425150511_thumb.jp

Should add that is about 1000feet and last year at this time there was no snow below 2000feet so definitely a colder winter

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

It's getting a bit windy out there now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Very windy here too. Bloody kids can't get to sleep because of the noise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Just walked back from a Ceilidth at the local village hall due to my wife having a change of mind and sinking a bottle of wine thus meaning an abandoned car. Anyway soaked through and chilled due to the gale. Brolly was no effing use for four of us. Temp still up near 6C but doesn't feel anything like it with that biting gale.

Edited by Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Lovely sunny morning. Still blowy.

Posted

Still blustery here after a stormy night. Sleet currently falling (sideways! )

Edited by Ross B

ECM going for an unusually strong HP cell over the UK at +240hrs, this would be close to record breaking:

post-2844-0-10219100-1425205058_thumb.gi

Edit: As for people expressing surprise that there isn't more excitement about snow prospects for the next couple of days, aye, I'm surprised that the westies and northies aren't more worked up by what's forecast. As for us easties...it's no surprise there's not much excitement :rofl::D

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

ECM going for an unusually strong HP cell over the UK at +240hrs, this would be close to record breaking:

attachicon.gif1st March ECM 00z +240hrs.gif

Edit: As for people expressing surprise that there isn't more excitement about snow prospects for the next couple of days, aye, I'm surprised that the westies and northies aren't more worked up by what's forecast. As for us easties...it's no surprise there's not much excitement :rofl::D

Yep, any easterly looks dead in the water now (not that it made it out of a computer's predictions based on complex algorithms of course).

That would probably bring a taste of early summer surely Catch? - clear skies permitting...

I should see some snow up in Stirling on Monday/Tuesday... Hopefully some will lie. None forecast down here, bring on Spring!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms,cold, heatwaves.

Noticed temp in Ayr was lower than here in Dalrymple which is a bit unusual in winter and discovered when I drove in that there had been a heavy hail shower which was still lying, though thawing rapidly, not the most exciting event but after the last few winters nice to see something remotely white.

For me here in the SW, the highlight of the past winter was the prolonged thundery activity before Xmas.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm surprised that the westies and northies aren't more worked up by what's forecast. As for us easties...it's no surprise there's not much excitement :rofl::D

Yes, we'll be paying for Nov/Dec 2010 for years to come ;-)

Fresh, blowy first day of Spring here in Crail. 7c under mostly sunny skies.

• Like 1