Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

I do think that temps and dew points are too high for snow tonight, plus there's the fact that there's no weather anywhere to bring snow.

Am looking forward to porridge for breakfast tomorrow #rebel

Simply not true I'm afraid, ALL parameters are condusive to snow in our area from now onwards especially tonight!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

a band establishing itself and currently heading south over staffs and warwickshire but looks quite localised...

Yh lets hope we get some luck like last night and it intensifies over us

Posted

and incidentally, what is the current thinking on tuesday? previous talks of potential persistent and disruptive snow...

Yh lets hope we get some luck like last night and it intensifies over us

absolutely, and looks to be pepping up already

• Like 1

Posted

and incidentally, what is the current thinking on tuesday? previous talks of potential persistent and disruptive snow...

absolutely, and looks to be pepping up already

It looks to far east but wouldn't take much to get it further inland. Next few days look ice cold though

Posted

Want happened to Bigsnow it all seemed like harmless fun and midlanders getting on dont go Bigsnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Just because all you had for dinner was beans on toast and not a whole pig spit roasted, don't take it out on us :p

Just kidding :D

Weather, ok so NMM is showing that there will be a band of light snow crossing the Midlands later but GFS says it's going to be dry. There is currently a small finger of light snow making it's way Southwards from the Derby/Stafford area. Doesn't look like much to me but might give us a dusting in Oxford.

Clear skies here in Derby with no sign of snow.But the wind has picked up remarkably in the last half an hour now feeling bitterly cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow and more snow hate the summer !!

Evening all quick question anyone know why there is warnings with met for midlands x looking at radar theres not much for us

Posted

Evening all quick question anyone know why there is warnings with met for midlands x looking at radar theres not much for us

There is a band coming down from the north i think they are just covering themselves this time. Chance of a dusting later though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Want happened to Bigsnow it all seemed like harmless fun and midlanders getting on dont go Bigsnow

Someone must have complained to the mods about something..

I agree with you SnowAngel. We were all enjoying the fun whilst waiting for events.

I suspect that someone is extremely jealous of your snow, Bigsnow...

Just put then on ignore, like the rest of us do. Don't let the ....... get to you.

MIA

• Like 2

Posted

shower activity expected to pop up in the early hours, and some have already in staff/warks

Posted

Little showers here and there growing and shrinking between South Yorkshire and Oxfordshire. In fact, the ones now south of Birmingham look a little more organised.

I think for tonight, expect nothing but be on the look out for anything.

Posted

Don't know really have just been out to put the car away and there are some bright peach clouds visible much the same as last night at this time. So one never knows.

Temp is however higher at 2.4C compared to last night, though the wind, which fell away as the snow approached , have remained very strong.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

This winter rates higher than 1987-88 winter its not over yet. :)

It's better than the winter of 2013-14 too, though I guess that one doesn't qualify as "winter" in any case...

Dry and quiet here, with slightly lighter winds than during the day. I can see the clouds off Brum way, which are a little on the orange-glow side, but nothing's falling from the sky. It's 2.6 °C, so that's probably for the best.

Posted

Some heavier showers moving south from northern England now.Cant see much more than a dusting here though if anything at all.Think this must be the warning that is in place by the met office.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Back home from work. In Warwick there was a moderate snow shower that left a little covering on pavements etc. On the drive back to stratford i drove through several flurries but nothing here when I got back, just a few flakes in the wind. 100% snow though, no rain.

Posted

Not liking the pub run typical when we look like getting real cold uppers there's no ppn. But i still belive things will pop up.

Posted

Back home from work. In Warwick there was a moderate snow shower that left a little covering on pavements etc. On the drive back to stratford i drove through several flurries but nothing here when I got back, just a few flakes in the wind. 100% snow though, no rain.

Hi Serendipity,

Not seen any flakes in Solihull this evening.

BUT it is very good news that you are seeing snowflakes at your level.

It looks as if the uppers are cooling down again. They seem to be doing a good impression of a bride's attire at the moment!! More clouds are appearing in the North again.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow and more snow hate the summer !!

Hey all thanks for replys looking at radar I can see the band now looks like my app hadent updated

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and more snow.

Same here. Just got back from truly excellent tapas at Conollys and it has snowed for at least 30 mins but sadly not lying. Truly great to watch in the back garden light though!!!

• Like 1

Posted

To my surprise it is snowing. After the snow this morning (which didn't settle) the wind thawed all that was left and it felt quite mild this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Currently..... nothing to report :closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted

Light snow here now,on a very gusty northerly wind can't see if amounting to much though.