Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Nothinghere. Despite clear skies the temp only managed to drop to 1.6C. Now itt's clouded over, temp has increased to 3.1c. If it wasn't for the wind, it would barely feel cold out, just chilly.

Edited by picog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

not even a dusting here really strong winds though.

Posted

We had a good covering here but it appears to be melting quickly without any rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Is there any snow in the offing over next couple of days ? Or is it just going to be more of the same ? Would be nice to get a covering that last a day or two!

looks like just the same, bbc weather very underwhelming (see se thread) generally dry, except rain on tuesday, turning milder at the weekend as bbc shows and all models

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Is there any snow in the offing over next couple of days ? Or is it just going to be more of the same ? Would be nice to get a covering that last a day or two!

Nope i personally think that that's that now - for here. Some "Artic freeze", they really are a joke.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Nope i personally think that that's that now - for here. Some "Artic freeze", they really are a joke.

yeah, infact looking at models/latest few runs, can write the first half of Feb off for snow, will be frosts some nights, other nights damp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Well I can confirm that there is ..... absolutely nothing here in Telford! RAIN AGAIN! This cold spell in one word... YAWN!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Awoke to a dusting of snow! Was pleasantly surprised as I hadn't expected anything. Temp 1.7oC. Dew -1.2oC.

Posted

Nothing here, not even rain despite being under that band of precipitation for a couple of hours. However, surrounding hills are white and places like Clee Hill and the south Shropshire Hills that I can see from my house clearly had a good pasting.

Edited by picog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Well, the precip-type radar says snow... but it's not. It's been raining and everything's soaking wet. Not a flake in sight this morning.

Yep, I've had enough of this spell now as well. I'm hoping for the high to build over us -- I would far rather have a few dry, sunny, frosty days than this rubbish. Give me a three-day real cold snap over two weeks of this wet murk any day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

looks like just the same, bbc weather very underwhelming (see se thread) generally dry, except rain on tuesday, turning milder at the weekend as bbc shows and all models

I don't see rain being an issue Mon-Wed with us being under very cold uppers from later today, more the lack of precipitation.

Dry, very cold this week.

Posted

Forecast for most of England and wales is cold and dry this week. There was talk of extended cold yesterday on the MO thread, with some decent blocking.

Edited by picog

Posted

Snowing in a real howling wind, looks to have put down a dusting. Surprised given the temp failed to.drop to freezing yet again.

Much dryer air.

I was just looking through last`s radar and that was quite a streamer coming through the cheshire gap.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/map/#?map=Rainfall&fcTime=1422724500&zoom=5&lon=-4.00&lat=55.45

Only had a mini dusting here roads are white,penetrating ground frost last night at 0.4c too much wind for air frost,and cloudy most of the night.

Currently 1.4c cloudy and freezing.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Woke up to the tiniest sprinkling of snow on the ground this morning.

Sun out now. Should a spectacular day. All we're missing is frost.

Posted

Surprisingly most of that dusting is still there, though I suspect not for much longer. But it's survived to 9am so Feb gets a day of snow lying too. All three winter months now, but not yet recorded more than 1cm.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A cold dry morning with patchy cloud, An overnight low of 0.7c. Still around 10cm of snow cover.

Temp 1.7c

Dp -1.9c

Wind Chill -2.2c

Wind N/N/W 13mph 

Snow Cover 100%

Posted

A cold dry morning with patchy cloud, An overnight low of 0.7c. Still around 10cm of snow cover.

Temp 1.7c

Dp -1.9c

Wind Chill -2.2c

Wind N/N/W 13mph 

Snow Cover 100%

Interesting that your temp is actually higher than here,1.3c now.

Cold air has penetrated further south at last.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Interesting that your temp is actually higher than here,1.3c now.

Cold air has penetrated further south at last.

By this evening colder -9/-10 uppers will have pushed South over the Midlands. They are slowly on there way as we speak. And the coldest of this spell..

21-583UK.GIF?01-024-290UK.GIF?01-021-7UK.GIF?01-0

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

This is the most over hyped cold spell ever!! Not even a frost yet

• Like 1

Posted

Snowing in bomere just north of shrewsbury , strange really as I've just come from work at the base of the Wrekin which is much higher and there was nothing there but rain / drizzle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

This is the most over hyped cold spell ever!! Not even a frost yet

yes! And now the rest of Europe goes into the freezer with snow etc and we'll have a great big high on us . Typical Britain
  • Like 2