Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

We live in hope that we may get something off the North sea in the form of showery activity come tomorrow going by the Euro4

15020312_2_0206.gif

Even weds may give us something you never know... we will see :cold: I'll catch up on the NMM'S later and let you know :wink:

15020406_2_0206.gif

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Posted

And toes :laugh: I'm liking the sound of .......whilst conversely shower activity is likely to increase across other parts of eastern England,

with some 'snow showers being driven well inland at times'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Met since last nite forecast rain and sleet, now back to bone dry again

Posted

Hardly any chance of snow here. Rubbish cold spell here,

Even the frost was rubbish last night. Ground rock hard but no sign

of frost.

Edited by The Wolf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

Goodness me- every post I read from a certain poster goes on about how rubbish everything is. Perhaps chill out a bit- it is the weather !

is that me then?lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Afternoon all. :) There was a very, very light snow shower in these parts this morning -- literally just the occasional flake in the wind, but otherwise it's been dry and cold (hasn't even reached 3 °C today). Rather less sun than I was hoping for, though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Delightful news from Cornwall! 

Its snowing finally snowing here in Penryn/Falmouth! A light dusting too and hopefully more to come this evening and the first part of tonight. :D

• Like 6

Posted

Goodness me- every post I read from a certain poster goes on about how rubbish everything is. Perhaps chill out a bit- it is the weather !

Be careful that poster might bite :wink:

Currently 1.6c here,  Max out today at 2.1c and cloudy for most of it :ninja:

Posted

-3c hasnt got above that today.... Everything is frozen solid out.... Just finished errands around glossop..... Lots of dripping gutters in town will make for a lot of black ice tonight... My mum called from ilminster to say it was snowing and laying on grass....huge flakes....

• Like 1

Posted

Wolf this isn't Rubbish for Winter.... just average :hi: I'm the first with many on here that would love to see SNOW everyday & have sub zero temps with it,

but this is the UK's climate we live in ... Just sit back and enjoy what get's thrown at us by mother nature, but until we see SNOW ... ATM it's BRRRRR :cold: and I'm loving it :D

• Like 1

Posted

I will watch out for a bite. Considering the Synoptics that have been available I think our area has done as well as could be expected. Obviously the further north and east you have been then the better it has been.

The lack of a cold vs mild battle ground this year, or higher level blocking has scuppered non marginal snowfall in many areas.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Wolf this isn't Rubbish for Winter.... just average :hi: I'm the first with many on here that would love to see SNOW everyday & have sub zero temps with it,

but this is the UK's climate we live in ... Just sit back and enjoy what get's thrown at us by mother nature, but until we see SNOW ... ATM it's BRRRRR :cold: and I'm loving it :D

Agree with you 100% Dancer....how short peoples memories are.... think back to this time last year... NO cold NO frost and NO snow laying or falling from the sky...even for me up in the peak district last winter was a bust...this winter has been a million times better than last winter... and the best bit is we still have 4 weeks of Feb to go and most of March too... statistically we are more likely to have a white Easter then we are a White Xmas yet we still go hunting for one every year...

• Like 2

Posted

I aint biting. Still a rubbish cold spell though for most. I suppose I could lie and

say it has been great!

it hasn't been a rubbish cold spell though has it? For us it may not of been great (all though I'm fairly certain we all saw falling, sticking snow) but parts of Yorkshire and the NW have had over a foot of snow, not great for us but not a rubbish spell.

Posted

So after the doom and gloom it looks like we could potentially have another northerly brewing the weekend ???

• Like 1

Posted

Thats the problem with having a region as vast as the Midlands, during the winter you could make a very good argument for splitting it into East & West threads.

For the Wolf the winter so far has been grim for him but for us in Nottingham its actually not been that bad. We had the snow event on boxing day that left snow on the ground till New Years Eve & we have had a couple of other occassions with snow on the ground albeit not as good as Boxing Day. With the rest of feb still to come this winter so far for me hasn't been too bad

Edited by Ryan05
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Hmm Wednesday looks like there is some potential for light snow in the East Mids. Certainly worth keeping an eye on it :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I aint biting. Still a rubbish cold spell though for most. I suppose I could lie and

say it has been great!

The only thing biting, is that freezing wind we've had the last couple of days - Brr! It was never meant to be a prolific snowy spell here, we've had chances and falling snow on a few occasions, just some people got it better than us. Please don't post in this thread if all you can do is moan, you ruin the entire enjoyment of reading this thread on your own. 

It's painful.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Not much weather to talk about although the cold is here and severe wind chill factor not much chance of snow but saw plenty falling last week so not to fussed.

Posted

Those showers coming in off the North Yorkshire coast are starting to get that bit further inland. Sheffield looking good. If they can get over the Peak District, I reckon the East Midlands could get a shot of some snow this evening. I would say Nottingham, Derby and if they get very lucky, Leicester.

For us over here in the West Midlands...none of that radar watching nonsense for us! Early nights all round this week!

• Like 1

Posted

Agree with you 100% Dancer....how short peoples memories are.... think back to this time last year... NO cold NO frost and NO snow laying or falling from the sky...even for me up in the peak district last winter was a bust...this winter has been a million times better than last winter... and the best bit is we still have 4 weeks of Feb to go and most of March too... statistically we are more likely to have a white Easter then we are a White Xmas yet we still go hunting for one every year...

First! glad your B    K ....You know !!! :good: We need more like you BS.... :smile:  My Glass is the same as yours... Ka-ching!!!

Half-Pint-Glass_grande.jpg?v=1399645480

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1