Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

just hit north cotswolds (moreton in marsh) - 1.30, right on cue. light at present

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Coming to an end now so hope the clouds can clear.

Also that precip is coming south west in to Irish Sea and should swing back south east I would say affecting most of the midlands

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Lovely, Lovely, lovely white flakes...Who needs the MET ! :laugh:

The Met Office are not always right , we shouldn't hang on to every word they say. :laugh:

Good stuff folks some bright echoes = decent fall, where is it heading SE? Hard to pin point.

I was just about to ask the same as I want to go to :lazy: but don't want to miss my first snow of the winter and my first snow since Feb 2013. If it is heading towards London it might die before it gets here and end up as drizzle. :doh:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Had to go out in it roads are real bad

post-18133-0-89593600-1422668392_thumb.j

post-18133-0-57848300-1422668496_thumb.j

Edited by snowangel32
  • Like 4

Posted

Clouds starting to break up a bit here possibly near the end for this one, I'll give it another 15 mins or so, just in case :-)

Posted

Slowing down here too and getting a little sleety looking with it, but shouldn't do any damage. Best snowfall since March 2013. Hopefully, we can keep our cover until morning. It was very icy before the snow arrived so maybe we can get back to those conditions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Slowing down a bit now

a great night so far

post-12214-0-21372500-1422668656_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted

Cant belive there was no warnings.

Posted

That was great. However, the true test now is if this snow cover can last until morning. It should but we've lost a few overnight this winter. This is the thickest snow cover yet though.

Posted

Still coming down here first time i can say for years i can actually get out and measure it radar looks good for later also.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Is it me or is that PPN up north seems further west and heading our way ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

And guess what? It's raining.  :sorry:  (a few flakes here and there, but it's more rain than sleet), and the snow cover is disappearing at a rate of knots. An hour of this would be enough to take the lot away. Ho hum.

• Like 1

Posted

The current fun and games might clip west Northants. Andy must be excited radar watching in Oxford. But for me the action is coming down from the North. Good freeze here with some leftover snow, and colder air will be undercutting as it moves south for very early breakfast time. I think it will be snow rather than the sleet MetOffice has us down for. Their forecast last night was way off. Civil servants you see, will have clocked off and someone might pop in late morning (tongue in cheek, but before the BGS got an automated earthquake detection system in place, it was often the bloke going in for weekend cover that was the first to know about, by which time there was a SKY TV team already outside - Folkestone earthquake 2006. I was doing some research with them.)

Edited by mackerel sky
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Still coming down here!

snow_31Jan15_zpsqohp7cyg.jpg

snow2_31Jan15_zpsf6jas03n.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!!!!

And guess what? It's raining.  :sorry:  (a few flakes here and there, but it's more rain than sleet), and the snow cover is disappearing at a rate of knots. An hour of this would be enough to take the lot away. Ho hum.

Oh no, I don't want to check

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

The current fun and games might clip west Northants. Andy must be excited radar watching in Oxford. But for me the action is coming down from the North. Good freeze here with some leftover snow, and colder air will be undercutting as it moves south for very early breakfast time. I think it will be snow rather than the sleet MetOffice has us down for. Their forecast last night was way off. Civil servants you see, will have clocked off and someone might pop in late morning (tongue in cheek, but before the BGS got an automated earthquake detection system in place, it was often the bloke going in for weekend cover that was the first to know about, by which time there was a SKY TV team already outside - Folkestone earthquake 2006. I was doing some research with them.)

It's looking slightly more promising here with that band currently over West Mids but it needs more of an Easterly movement to it for us in Ox to see a covering!

Posted

My comment was tongue in cheek but you never see ad-hoc weather warnings from the MetO overnight. You certainly won't see them on weekend. It's only us sad individuals in the small hours now casting.

Posted

Morning all ! Just looked out and snow!!! No one said snow! What's happerning ?

a trough, more lively than first thought! or is this a small LP now guys?

• Like 1