Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Bring on the spring!

Forgotten wat snow looks like, can't remember the last time we had more than a covering

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Where was the forecast freeze last night? Left work in Quinton and there was about 5cm on the ground. Get back home where I expected a good covering as the radar showed snow overnight and it was a mess last night when i left and its slush tastic.

It must have really rained hard to get rid of the snow cover we had! Gutted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

another dusting overnight, thawing fast now as expected with milder uppers moving down from the north

Posted

Went to bed at midnight, snowing hard and road white over, just woke up and can't believe snow disappeared and heavy rain. Just looked out again and now sleet......crazy winter!! :-\

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

Slushy mess here and now raining . Aren't we supposed to be in a cold spell? I Suppose it could be worse - at least I've seen some snow, I'm off to Cardiff later and they haven't seen a flake all winter again!

Posted

your lucky u even saw snow Last night. Shrewsbury got loads I'm ten mind away and got rain again. Not seen any snow stick so far this winter. Rubbish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Light over night covering almost gone:-( temp up 1.3c. Light rain now.

Looking at NW 10 day forecast ,looking like staying cold all the way, maybe colder !

Edited by Fozfoster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Still a covering of snow here and it was raining when I woke at 7.As I left for work at 7.30 it had turned to sleet and I as I arrived at work in Derby there are big flakes of snow mixed in with the heavier bursts.The faintest covering of snow still left in Derby.Temp 1.5 degrees

Posted

WellI am glad I woke up in the night to see the very transient snow cover in Evesham - it has all since been washed away by the rain!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

These snow nights are messing up my sleep pattern. Last nite was a real bonus snow event and we were very lucky as this was not forecast at all and yh its slowly thawing now but plenty more chances next week the real cold air digs down later. Tues looks gd so does wed. And we have seen nothing is predictable.

Still lots of snow cover, but light sleety rain fallin

Edited by snowangel32
  • Like 1

Posted

Heavy snow here was surprised when I opened the curtains! Flakes are huge

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

It is looking like around 100m and higher is getting snow this morning but most other parts having rain which is washing away the snow cover (although there isn't really a snow cover here). This coming week looks very cold, cold enough for precipitation to fall as snow, but there doesn't look to be much precipitation. GFS 00z looks very dry and cold. However, I know precipitation charts are of little use so won't concern myself too much with that.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Had a light covering overnight but most has melted now, temp up to 1.9c, also the bbc site has erased the snow event for tuesday. This "cold spell" is more or less over now, so roll on spring and a bit of warmth.

Edited by DIS1970

Posted

An extra top up here got about 1 inch ,min temp was 0.2c now thawing at 2c wind is N/NW.

It will get colder,but the coldest air will be in the west today,uppers.

Posted

This winter though a thousand times better than last year, at times does leave you a little frustrated, especially when you are told to expect a raring arctic wind to freeze the parts you don't exposed. In reality the temperatures have been cool rather than Icy cold.

If this is that cold blast from the north? I bet the polar bears up in the arctic must be sitting on their deck chairs, sipping on a piña colander and wondering what the met office are talking about!! ......anyway, enjoy the weekend midlanders no matter what falls from the sky.

:-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Well looks like most Shropshire are still waiting for a covering of snow to last more then a couple of hours!

I woke up in the night around 1ish cause the little one was crying, I looked out the window and saw snow ( I was half asleep and it was a classic rub you eyes moment! )

I got up at 7 with him and to my disappointment it was gone :( was really looking forward to taking him out in it because he has not played in any yet (21 months old) he gets all excited when it falls from the sky. I will have to educate him on getting used to disappointment living in telford!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Still have some lying snow here but it's in the process of a slow melt. Occasional snow showers but they're becoming more sleety.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Slight slushy covering here topping up what has already fallen. Temp 1.7c

Posted

Still a covering of snow here and it was raining when I woke at 7.As I left for work at 7.30 it had turned to sleet and I as I arrived at work in Derby there are big flakes of snow mixed in with the heavier bursts.The faintest covering of snow still left in Derby.Temp 1.5 degrees

My dad works at Denby pottery ;)