Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Looking at forecasts lookslike after this morning were in the freezer up here until wed/thur.... Temps not getting above freezing and clear skies leading to -5c to -8c brrr.... Roof avalanche topped up back garden by 6 inches! Still 8-10" on grass though.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

yes,was just pointing out, that the current bemoaning of the cold is a bit premature as it isnt really going to get going till tonight/tomorrow, and as the "polar low" showed,little features can and probably will pop up in the flow.

True, but you can only go on what's forecast and currently that's cold but dry. Yes things may crop up but they aren't currently forecast to.

You'll remember a few days ago it was looking potentially quite snowy Mon/Tue, so a dry forecast seems a bit of a letdown at present.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Just when the proper cold arrives it goes bone dry! Typical!

Posted

Just noticed met have warning for snow today just updated ten minutes ago..... Wheres that coming from?

Even Telford in the warning zone, rain it is then :D

Posted

True, but you can only go on what's forecast and currently that's cold but dry. Yes things may crop up but they aren't currently forecast to.

You'll remember a few days ago it was looking potentially quite snowy Mon/Tue, so a dry forecast seems a bit of a letdown at present.

is that little feature that was supposed to run down the north sea coast been cancelled?haven't been in the MOD thread for a coupple of days.

Posted

Well what a rubbish cold spell this is turning into for most.

Not really that cold and snow that washes away in minutes.

Next week looks a load of rubbish now as well. Boring and dry.

Hardly a proper cold spell.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

is that little feature that was supposed to run down the north sea coast been cancelled?haven't been in the MOD thread for a coupple of days.

Maybe its travelling more inland?

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

True Northerlies are rarely any use to us with any PPN usually running down either side on the coastal regions.

Colder but drier.. with any rogue snow showers drifing inland a bonus.

Posted

Clouded over here..... Snowy looking sky, temp 2c dew -1c..... Might have some big icicles later....

Chinese five spiced chicken quarters (french trimmed) with stirfried veg n plum sauce for dinner.... Before footy kicks off at 530!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well yes it is, it's a cold spell it just might not bring you bucketfulls of snow. 

It's still a cold spell, just not an exciting cold AND SNOWY spell. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Well yes it is, it's a cold spell it just might not bring you bucketfulls of snow.

It's still a cold spell, just not an exciting cold AND SNOWY spell.

It's a rather cold spell...lot of people in the west/South west at lower levels haven't seen ANY snow from this "spell". For a lot of us it's not going to stay in the memory very long.

Seen better in October and March...just calling it as im seeing it.

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

not a true cold spell though, no greenie high, or beast from the east, all's to be expected is transient snow for low levels in the west, I have had 3 mornings on the trot with lying snow, as well as a dusting thurs pm

from tomorrow its cold and dry dominating, maybe a few snow flurries on thur and fri from the east

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

This so called "artic blast" is pathetic, all the weather warning's for this area has again been inaccurate and incorrect, i think snowfall should be forgotten in this "cold spell", we've had better wintry weather in March & April.

Edited by DIS1970
  • Like 1

Posted

Have to say that right now I'm fairly underwhelmed about prospects over the next week. Doesn't mean I'll stay underwhelmed though if things change.

Oddly enough, my favourite part of the winter so far hasn't been the past week. Yes it's been fun but the switches to rain have made it quite annoying. My favourite part was the cold and frosty weather that settled in between Boxing Day and New Year. I thought that was just stunning. I wouldn't mind at all if the high can get far enough over us to bring us weather like that again later this week.

my favourite spell also boxing day to new years eve, I had a fair bit of snow on boxing day, my best fall since Mar '13, bit of a thaw on 27th, then very white frosts that lasted all day, then topped up each night, still with snow on the ground

cold and dry next week SUCKS! as there is no snow on the ground, gotto rely on dustings from the north sea late in the week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Met have put warnings for the whole of the midlands what can they see, and last night was the heaviest snowfall I have seen since 2010 we have to be thank full those to the se and sw have seen nothing on the whole, and the real cold air is digging in you can see that already Mon, Tues, wed forecasts are changing all the time so I for one am loving this winter so far and we still have Feb and march to go

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

attachicon.gifweather.png

is this what the metoffice warnings are for?

Don't worry that will have probably the same effect on us as the last one i.e. nothing.

• Like 1

Posted

Don't worry that will have probably the same effect on us as the last one i.e. nothing.

i didn't do too bad from the ,last one :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

attachicon.gifweather.png

is this what the metoffice warnings are for?

Well spotted just shows how things change quick and this if it hits shouldn't be marginal at all, met have now 5 hours of snow here from mignight

Posted

Well spotted just shows how things change quick and this if it hits shouldn't be marginal at all, met have now 5 hours of snow here from mignight

zilch hours here, now until thurs, also what gfs suggests

Posted

i didn't do too bad from the ,last one :D

I take these warnings with a pinch of salt as they rarely come to fruition.

Posted

zilch hours here, now until thurs, also what gfs suggests

ive just looked and they giving nothing for me either :nonono: think it'll be a case of radar watching again