Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Well looks like rain, followed by a dry sector, then more rain, while north east of here parts of the region gets plastered by snow AGAIN! Sounds about right for tropical Wirral, I give up. :yahoo:

Indeed here in Wirral, we really do live in the tropics.. as proved by my driveway border photo 

15775510534_91e95c8fc8_c.jpg

Posted

Meto have snow for me tonight, what a fail............again.

oh come on they have been pretty good this winter.....unless your looking at the little graphics, then you are asking for trouble.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

wont dps drop when the pl moves in....cant believe a polar low will deliver rain....there meant to be the holy grail of snow.

It's a Polar Low alright, it's just dragged in some milder air which is a real shame. Conditions were ripe this morning for snow!

DP's will rise with the humidity when the low crosses.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

oh come on they have been pretty good this winter.....unless your looking at the little graphics, then you are asking for trouble.

Not for my location the amount of time they've had heavy snow down for me and nowts happened is just ridiculous as well as being in the warning today and yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

3.5c now, DP rising 2c :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Not for my location the amount of time they've had heavy snow down for me and nowts happened is just ridiculous as well as being in the warning today and yesterday.

mighty unlucky lately!!

Posted

Ive not looked at radar this evening and had lots of snow.... Ive also had lots of wine.... I think i need lots of sleep.... Painting houses again tomrrow! â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

still no ppn falling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Indeed here in Wirral, we really do live in the tropics.. as proved by my driveway border photo 

15775510534_91e95c8fc8_c.jpg

Lol you may aswel take the laptop outside, I've got the windows open.

Posted

Im sorry but thats just wrong, you need to use your common sense, every single warning from the met office, every bit of text about snow in our region this winter has mentioned marginality, has talked about higher chances away from the coast and higher ground.  You know where you live, just like me snow is unlikey....when the meto office seem unsure you need to learn to lower your expectations.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Lol you may aswel take the laptop outside, I've got the windows open.

Gor a tropical cocktail in hand waiting for the Hurricane to make landfall. My palm trees are swaying in the breeze. Island life.. ahh.  :rofl:

Posted

give us extremely cold air from the east, with precipitation from the south west...and watch the fun begin...oops, even with the correct alignment from the nw we still mainly rain. Anyone would think we live in the tropics to be this unlucky lol

Posted

mighty unlucky lately!!

its not unlucky, i used to think i was unlucky, its just a really crap location for snow, too sheltered, too coastal and low altitude.

Posted

This is what i'm now left with.

The speed of the melting has been really quick, I will be very surprised if any of it is left in 24 hours from now.

Depressing really.

IMG_2890.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

its not unlucky, i used to think i was unlucky, its just a really crap location for snow, too sheltered, too coastal and low altitude.

yep would seem so

Posted

This is what i'm now left with.

The speed of the melting has been really quick, I will be very surprised if any of it is left in 24 hours from now.

Depressing really.

IMG_2890.jpg

i would be surprised if you have anything left in a few hours

Posted

Im sorry but thats just wrong, you need to use your common sense, every single warning from the met office, every bit of text about snow in our region this winter has mentioned marginality, has talked about higher chances away from the coast and higher ground.  You know where you live, just like me snow is unlikey....when the meto office seem unsure you need to learn to lower your expectations.

so why the hell did they include all of the nw COAST in the warning, they have forecasted bad for my location, face facts. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Gor a tropical cocktail in hand waiting for the Hurricane to make landfall. My palm trees are swaying in the breeze. Island life.. ahh.  :rofl:

:rofl:

Posted

Just got the first arm of the precipitation from the PL.. and well, it's liquid.