Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted

Depressing really.

Don't be silly, we've been lucky here today. Still got snow on the ground whilst others have non.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

I'm starting to get the sneaky feeling temps will be too marginal - a bit of height and you'll be fine. A shame coz will be some damn heavy ppn when it hits us!

Either way, close to the coast or on western flank will be rain, still a shot on eastern side - this is certainly fascinating to watch!

Edited by i luv snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

fill in the irish sea with concrete and voila ...snow for all haha

You'd probably end up inadvertently creating a heat sink or some kind of urban warming, making it even warmer than it already is. :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Well the winds calmed down hours ago and its still bitter out there, very slow moving clouds but just no ppn at all, just not doing anythung

Posted

Temps 3c in Manchester - I think you'll need to be pretty high up for this to deliver the goods tonight.  Was hoping to keep the lying snow until the weekend but I think it will all get washed away by the end of the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Looks like rain here too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

You'd probably end up inadvertently creating a heat sink or some kind of urban warming, making it even warmer than it already is. :-)

You come out with some funny stuff SP

Yep lashing down

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Temps 3c in Manchester - I think you'll need to be pretty high up for this to deliver the goods tonight.  Was hoping to keep the lying snow until the weekend but I think it will all get washed away by the end of the night.

They've dropped back down to 2oC now with dewpoint at 0oC.

Posted

so why the hell did they include all of the nw COAST in the warning, they have forecasted bad for my location, face facts. 

because the science of meteorology is not advanced enough to predict snow to the mile.  Plus the meto dont have unlimited resources to assess every single location.

However if you read the guidance with the warning it talks about how certain they are about the warning.  Every snow  warning this winter has been described as uncertain.   Plus they even have a risk matrix to look at...this last warning had an X  in the low certainty box.   You seem to have interpreted that as meto saying you are going to get snow, despite knowing the history of your location.

Read the warnings properly and stop slagging the meto office because like me you live in a crap place for snow....its not their fault. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

its belting it down here.. horrible stuff.. cold driving rain ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

I love this thread and think a lot of all my fellow North Westerners but one or two need to get a grip

and prioritise what is really important in the grand scheme of things. Its weather/nature it's all wonderful

A lot of people would just be grateful to have the chance experience another season or another day, as per my sig :)  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Moderate rain

Posted

Awoke to slushy layer - very wet stuff, but a cover all the same. We had a very heavy snow shower late morning with massive snowflakes which left an inch deposit - this is now turning into a icy crust with temps of -0.3 degrees. We may get a bit more snow overnight - though the radar shows precipitation well out to our west.

Tomorrow will see higher temps so I suspect much of the snow will disappear - but who knows. Weekend looks good - frost and dry sunny cold weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

because the science of meteorology is not advanced enough to predict snow to the mile.  Plus the meto dont have unlimited resources to assess every single location.

However if you read the guidance with the warning it talks about how certain they are about the warning.  Every snow  warning this winter has been described as uncertain.   Plus they even have a risk matrix to look at...this last warning had an X  in the low certainty box.   You seem to have interpreted that as meto saying you are going to get snow, despite knowing the history of your location.

Read the warnings properly and stop slagging the meto office because like me you live in a crap place for snow....its not their fault. 

ok

Posted

HOLY cow, its now wet snow!

Edited by ajpoolshark
complaint about language

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

I love this thread and think a lot of all my fellow North Westerners but one or two need to get a grip

and prioritise what is really important in the grand scheme of things. Its weather/nature it's all wonderful

A lot of people would just be grateful to have the chance experience another season or another day, as per my sig :)  

But being gutted at a no snow or delighted with a tonking is only the same as football fans celebrating (or not). I could say the same to people who get dumped by their wife / partner, same result, no one died and their are worse things in life.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

I think we have wet snow??