Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted

Ian's forecast soon I'm not going to miss this one tonight! Try not to miss them most nights all year round but this could be a good one :D

Just noticed a small splatter of snow on my shed roof through window, opened the window to check if snow was still falling and it wasn't, but there are two white lights in the sky chasing each other round and round, I have no idea what it is?????

RAF planes chasing the Russians?  :rofl:

Posted

Don't think they know where it'll go, certainly will be interesting to watch this eve. I suspect it'll pass down through the Midlands although would be great if it stayed out further East before crossing the country!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

That looks okay, will the bit over wales move down also after the last timeframe?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I did take a video of the lights, but it didn't come out very clear, even called my neighbour to look to make sure I didn't have some sort of lamp post watching spots in my eyes :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Been a long time lurker but not posted much at all so far.

Looks an interesting evening/night and you never know, it might produce some snowy weather for at least some of the region!

Not sure if this has been posted here already but another member over on the model thread posted a link to this site that seems very good for following the track of the overnight 'feature' via satellite pictures:

http://www.sat24.com/?ir=true

Welcome aboard, stick around and let us hope the snow does too. Regarding tonight's developments, they should arrive across the refion in the overnight period and is suggested to be rain/sleet at lower levels, more especially towards the SW and snow over the hills etc. I personally beg to differ but I'll be fast asleep when it happens and will hopefully wake up to a dusting.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Sleet at that temperature? I thought more like snow?

Probably not heavy enough at the time I'd suggest William. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

A little Polar Low developing in the flow tonight according to Ian!! How exciting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Also we had  a few snow showers today, nothing settled but nice to see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

What a load of rubbish those charts are for Oxfordshire :( hope they are wrong!

I wouldn't worry too much on the precip-type, more the actual precipitation itself. Flurries for a few again, nothing problematic though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

A little Polar Low developing in the flow tonight according to Ian!! How exciting!

I am still nervous being on his southern boundary (mendips - northeastwards) for snow/rain :unsure2:

Posted

I wouldn't worry too much on the precip-type, more the actual precipitation itself. Flurries for a few again, nothing problematic though.

Yep ignore them ppn charts, BBC said no snow for Cardiff today and we had around 20mins of heavy snow!

Posted

Unless the fergieweather tv update stated anything different, here's my view copied from an earlier post.

"Regarding tonight's developments, they should arrive across the region in the overnight period and is suggested to be rain/sleet at lower levels, more especially towards the SW and snow over the hills etc. I personally beg to differ but I'll be fast asleep when it happens and will hopefully wake up to a dusting."

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Did someone say polar low :cold:  Don't have to work tomorrow! The question is do I stay up?

Hopefully it will be colder further south than expected so everyone get to see some of the white stuff!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I am still nervous being on his southern boundary (mendips - northeastwards) for snow/rain :unsure2:

He did also mention the track is still uncertain.

Edited by Smartie