Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

It is really hot and humi but it has clouded over now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

High cloud now streaming in from the south. Will surely scupper July record attempt?

Posted

OMG it is like being subjected to hair dryer treatment outside....clear skies here the cloud has burned away it is 32C here Northolt is at 33C! Record is under threat IMO which is 36.5C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

High cloud now streaming in from the south. Will surely scupper July record attempt?

Not so sure, 34.1 at Heathrow already

Posted

My day off today but I do feel sorry for my colleagues. We don't leave the office to go out on our post deliveries until 10am and we finish at 3pm. So if you see your postie do offer him/her a drink.

Posted

Hope you are right but it's about cloud amounts now IMO

Posted

Yes this has been confirmed this is on par with 2013 I think the models undercooked it 33C was given by GFS I say a final value will be between 36-37C if the cloud stays away. The July record is going to go I think...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

If that cloud stays away, I think the English record will go today, 34.1C with 5 hours of heating left to go? It's a given..

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Yes this has been confirmed this is on par with 2013 I think the models undercooked it 33C was given by GFS I say a final value will be between 36-37C if the cloud stays away. The July record is going to go I think...

The record would have gone easily,however the cloud is now thickning across large parts of the SE so now unlikely imo.Typical of UK weather lately,a sniff of an extreme and we are thwarted.Grr.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

34.5 °C has been recorded at Northolt. This is the hottest UK temperature since 2006 (via @metoffice)

• Like 3

Posted

The record would have gone easily,however the cloud is now thickning across large parts of the SE so now unlikely imo.Typical of UK weather lately,a sniff of an extreme and we are thwarted.Grr.

Must keep optimistic It is doing the opposite here blue skies can be seen for miles to my south and just hazy cloud to my north which is thinning can be seen the strong July sun is burning the crud away, I feel for the postman. These uppers are on level to 2003 highest ever resulting in exceptional high temperatures.

post-19153-0-20364400-1435747074_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Really quite cloudy in Twickenham now. Wind got up too which is a relief!

Posted

Latest update sugests temperature increase at Heathrow has stalled due to the cloud invasion.

Posted

If Heathrow ain't in the mood IMBY may be although there is no official station almost 34C roughly here.

Posted

Must keep optimistic It is doing the opposite here blue skies can be seen for miles to my south and just hazy cloud to my north which is thinning can be seen the strong July sun is burning the crud away, I feel for the postman. These uppers are on level to 2003 highest ever resulting in exceptional high temperatures.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I'm in Hither Green.SE London,can you see the cloud that is now affectng me and points to the SW such as Heathrow? NORTHOLT in Norh London could smash the record if the cloud sheet is dying on its Northward edge..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

NMM shows highest temperatures at 1 and 2 o'clock - so relatively early.

post-11059-0-73653800-1435747876_thumb.p

Maybe this is cloud build up based? However the 4 o'clock chart shows a reasonable amount of clear sky.

post-11059-0-22089500-1435747944_thumb.p

Posted

Reading 29.4.c here - sun occasionally goes in due to cloud. Several different types of clouds out there. Darker to my wsw or an optical illusion??

Tempers fraying - people arguing outside. Remember to fill up any wildlife water dishes you may have. The badgesr drank the lot over night - si it's the third time in 24 hours I've filled it up.

We have just had to race round closing all the window due to maintenance....meanwhile in London, my boyfriend has texted me to say they have had to turn the AC down in the hotel they are having a conference in because it was making everyone too cold!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

It's forecast to be clear later and don't forget at this time of year 6pm can often be hotter than lunchtime etc

Posted

I'm in Hither Green.SE London,can you see the cloud that is now affectng me and points to the SW such as Heathrow? NORTHOLT in Norh London could smash the record if the cloud sheet is dying on its Northward edge..

I now do sadly it appears to be gathering towards my way still in a blue patch although I think this will not last. The record is now 50:50 if it was as yesterday there would be no problem but now I have my doubts.

Posted

It's forecast to be clear later and don't forget at this time of year 6pm can often be hotter than lunchtime etc

Don't we need the 'momentum' of hourly increases in temperature rather than a couple of hours worth of cloudier skys to stall that increase?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

gone very  windy here, with high-level cloud building, nearly took my head off when i opened the garden gate.

Posted

34!!!!!

edit: sat shows cloud clearing and breaking up just fine...

attachicon.gifsat.png

Now dropped to 32c due the pesky cloud!