Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st March Onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Would not want anyone to think they were hemmed in or stitched up...

...OK need to grab my Dress... I mean coat now. :D

It's a stitch-up! Me too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Vinyl? Now, they were horrid!

No, leather edging. Ouch!

Posted

No, leather edging. Ouch!

I remember getting into my dad's Ford Consul, after being in the swimming pool...Aaaaaaargh!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Hit 29.8c today. The current bun was really strong in the deep blue, cloudless sky. I took my dad shopping, thank god we have air con in the jam jar. 8) My dad turned up in a scarf and nanny goat. :shok::crazy: I could have done with a scarf as my Gregory Peck got burnt. :cc_confused:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

All the people are in the south west are apparently seeing acCas. I can't see any clouds. It's hot though, am not looking forward to tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Both gatwick and heathrow are going for prob 30 thunderstorm in the early hours tomorrow morning. Anything I've missed?

Posted

Hit 29.8c today. The current bun was really strong in the deep blue, cloudless sky. I took my dad shopping, thank god we have air con in the jam jar. 8) My dad turned up in a scarf and nanny goat. :shok::crazy: I could have done with a scarf as my Gregory Peck got burnt. :cc_confused:

Better than your Hampton Wick! :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Beautiful day today, shame we don't have a week of this before things get unsettled, very warm but not at all oppressive with that breeze. Max of 30.4C locally whichh appears to be the max for the country tied with Jersey Airport

Edit: Actually scrap that, 33C at St Helier today! Northolt the hottest mainland station at 30.5C

Edited by Harps
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Better than your Hampton Wick! :D

:rofl: I tried to avoid the rude ones, there are loads of them :shok:  There is a breeze blowing, but it is just blowing warm air into the the house. 26.4c in the shade. My Argos weather station is predicting showers. The heat is making me feel a bit Moby Dick :oops: I mean :bad:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Been the clearest I have seen it here for a long time, 28C and the Bedford breeze did me proud. Lovely strong and cooling. Out of that mind he was baking hot, not looking forward to oer 30C tomorrow.

Still no cloud at all and cooling down.

Posted

I have been watching those Thunderstorms out in Channel to me they're tracking NNE/NE I'd say Brighton westwards in with a chance in seeing âš¡ï¸âš¡ï¸ definitely not heading for the SW of England. Exciting. :D

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

I'm getting tickels ..

Expect the unexpected is the the phrase with this plume

Has been mentioned a few isolated storms could filter in over night

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-06-30-19-33-23.png

Yup, moving in from the SW now... and building! (Just stretching over the Channel Islands and heading towards the IOW at the moment)

Might save on having to water the plants later on??

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

Yup, moving in from the SW now... and building! (Just stretching over the Channel Islands and heading towards the IOW at the moment)

Might save on having to water the plants later on??

Yep also here in Southampton, I will hold on for the plants too. Am on a meter so I am hoping for a few drips at least. Storm is looking hopeful as the clouds are getting thick and the temp is going upl :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

That is some storm rumbling around to the west of the Channel Islands. The NMM charts for France show the CAPE/LI values are packed with potential for Brittany this evening - and have delivered the storm just off the coast. The charts suggest the potential doesn't spread across the Channel, so I'm doubtful anything will make our south coast. But it will be interesting to watch over the next couple of hours. Hope I'm wrong!

Lightning 20.00 post-20040-0-59169300-1435692594_thumb.j CAPE/LI 21.00 post-20040-0-72142000-1435692613_thumb.p CAPE/LI mid-night post-20040-0-72876300-1435692714_thumb.p

But nice to see and has rekindled a bit of hope that we'll see a home-grown storm tomorrow. Sussex and Surrey remain my favourites to spring a surprise!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

The first few sferics have hit the mainland. Just SW of Portsmouth.

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime

Posted

Latest Met Office update for our Region (mainly aimed at East Anglia), issued this morning:

The heat will build through today and tomorrow, temperatures today peaking at around 27/28C with 30-32C on the cards for tomorrow inland, the highest values on both days likely to be realised towards Hertfordshire and the west of Essex. Both days should be dry, the only hazards being sun/heat related.

The situation becomes less clear-cut as we move into Thursday when we’ll need to watch for scattered thunderstorms imported from France tracking their way NNE’wards into the region from the direction of London. Both the extent and intensity of any storms still carry a high degree of uncertainty and, as a result, there is no warning currently in force although the situation remains under constant review. Amongst the potential impacts would be surface water flooding from high intensity localised rainfall and possible lightning damage. The high temperatures will be hanging on longest in this part of the UK so still the potential for 28-30C to be reached on Thursday.

Friday promises dry, slightly less warm weather for a time but another push of very warm, humid air from the continent later in the day could trigger some thundery downpours, these most likely in the evening and overnight. Again there is currently too much uncertainty surrounding this event to merit a specific warning but one may well be issued nearer the time. Saturday is likely to see the very warm, humid air hanging on for a time with a continued risk of one or two further thundery showers, before fresher conditions advance from the west later.

It’s also worth adding that night time temperatures will be high throughout this period, not dropping below 15-17C for much of the region for the next few nights.

Posted

Bingo!! The storm made it to the UK. Lightning over Salisbury Plain and near Southampton. :good:

21.00 post-20040-0-45453800-1435695850_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

A little storm over Salisbury is heading for MK. Probably too far for it to last.

Got a sunset with clouds that I wasn't expecting.

post-20787-0-47618900-1435696252_thumb.j

• Like 2