Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Spring/Summer 2015.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I don't think anybody is complaining about 20C, mainly 25C+.

Do people not like spring. Essentially the same weather (not that this is a preferred synoptic of mine). 

That's like saying - do people not like winter, if it was snowing in June. Well, I like spring weather in spring, and summer weather in summer. The first 16C days in March felt warm, then 20C in April, but now it's summer and it feels cool - and I expect better. Every day in the forecast here is in the 15-17C range and that is OBJECTIVELY poor weather for June. Oh, and once the weekend has gone, it will be cloudier than of late.

Today could have been half decent if it wasn't so windy - but alas, it felt chilly, and feels chillier still now that the sun has gone - down to 10C already which is the AVERAGE LOW for the time of year!!! I wish I could go outside in a T-shirt and shorts, and feel the warmth envelope my skin, but instead I am greeted by a useless northwesterly wind. Feel sorry for tourists coming here from warmer climates - must be a shock to the system. No doubt they go home with a new sense of appreciation for living in a climate with an actual summer.

People saying don't focus on temperature - well, why focus on sunshine? I'd rather it be cloudy and warm than sunny and cold, in all honesty. Summer is more than just the presence of sunshine, and I don't expect clear blue skies in June, July or August - that's a signal of cold polar air.

We have plenty of time left for summer - but if things don't approve in July then you might as well call it quits. All I want is some sunny weather, no wind and temperatures in the low 20s - pretty standard for July. Is that really too much to ask? Even 18-20C would be normal for June.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Awaits the inevitable downgrades to the cold snap where temperatures reach 15C in the south instead of 12C.

Poor poor output, and it seems that people are not even allowed to want temperatures over 20C in this forum these days, let alone plume events which are one of the most interesting weather phenomena we get in the UK. To some of the comments in here, would any of you give a damn about the elderly or the economy if we saw a deep freeze?

I think we all know the answer to that. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Awaits the inevitable downgrades to the cold snap where temperatures reach 15C in the south instead of 12C.

Poor poor output, and it seems that people are not even allowed to want temperatures over 20C in this forum these days, let alone plume events which are one of the most interesting weather phenomena we get in the UK. To some of the comments in here, would any of you give a damn about the elderly or the economy if we saw a deep freeze?

I think we all know the answer to that. 

Finally a decent comment. It is so obvious many people pretending to show the upcoming synoptics are poor when really they are jumping up and down with Joy. Everyone I speak to is complaining about the constant wind and how cool its felt overall. April was better than this. Feels like we have gone back to March. No good for the tourism industry. Not only does this force people abroad but those who come here on holiday from elsewhere will go back with negative memories weatherwise. These current temperatures are far from normal guys and its actually rather worrying how hard it is to surpass 16c and how the cold uppers now suddenly envelope the UK so easily and avoid absolutely everywhere else. 

Edited by Costa Del Fal
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

it's also worth noting that this is a thread for having a moan or a ramp at the model outputs, not a general weather discussion or a 'favourite type of weather' thread....there are other specific threads on netweather for those topics

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair Weather, Snow, Thunderstorms

Hideous GFS output this morning, next weekend looks vile - cold wet and windy. Funny how the unsettled weather arrives just in time for the weekend!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Hideous GFS output this morning, next weekend looks vile - cold wet and windy. Funny how the unsettled weather arrives just in time for the weekend!

Yes, and it always arrives in time for the Bridport beer festival too kin hell.................

• Like 1

Posted

even though its a week away you just know it will highly likely verify , whereas if it was hot and sunny plume with thunderstorms mixed in  .....well   

Edited by IanR
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Some of the output this morning really is up there with 2007 and 2012, bands of slow moving heavy rain pushing north (the GFS gives 2-3 inches of rain in the south from one slow moving low moving out of France, luckily it is at day 7-10 so it will change). The UKMO would be much sooner though with next weekend being a washout in some parts of the UK.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

it appears that some locations are getting poorer weather then others.

17c here yesterday, beautiful! in the strong sun... spoilt by the strong wind... nowt to moan about (except the wind) .

i like it hot and humid too, i have no trouble sleeping in the heat.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

It appears that some locations are getting poorer weather then others.

Yes this is usually the case unless we have nation wide High Pressure set up over the UK, Which is why we see conflicting posts from time to time.. Certainly something we must all consider more-so. 

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

we will get 5 days of pleasant mainly sunny and dry weather...

Yep beautiful here today, Some people are missing the here and now and current weather by only looking for cold / below ave temps 6-10 days ahead.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The horror show from the GFS gets worse, if that's possible! I'm actually a bit scared to look at further runs....best get out and enjoy what looks like a lovely day today. The hateful, howling wind has FINALLY died down, hallelujah!!!

Posted

Yep beautiful here today, Some people are missing the here and now and current weather by only looking for cold / below ave temps 6-10 days ahead.

hmm... no point looking at days 6-10, when days 0-5 show this...

r9jx2h.png

pretty below average if you ask me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The horror show from the GFS gets worse, if that's possible! I'm actually a bit scared to look at further runs....best get out and enjoy what looks like a lovely day today. The hateful, howling wind has FINALLY died down, hallelujah!!!

The 06z is even worse than the 00z for next weekend

gfs-0-168.png?6gfs-0-180.png?6

This is the 06z run though so lets see if this is on the 12z

Posted

r9jx2h.png

The way our climate is going, I think I should start a petition to call all of the months of the year October  :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

r9jx2h.png

... but in the sun itll feel warm!

The way our climate is going, I think I should start a petition to call all of the months of the year October  :rofl:

..... thatll make today the 250th of october!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

One crum if comfort is its not cool and wet. Im really hoping the rise in pressure for the second half of June materialises and it sticks around which has proved so hard to achieve of late.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

On the face of it we got 18c here yesterday which sounds reasonable. But it was the horrible nagging northwesterly that seems to have been with us for an absolute eternity. I think back to the persistent northwesterlies we had during the second half of winter and they are still with us as stubborn as ever.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I'm beginning to wonder what exactly is the key driver for these seemingly relentless NW'erlies. Flicking through here, yes high pressure does build in but there's always a NW'erly element to that wind, which is darn right annoying. I can't even remember the last time we had a nice SE'erly? Or even a moist, but warm SW'erly for that matter?

It's clear though looking at the Met Office outlook, with significant consistency for a while now, that things could be about to change with temperatures perhaps rising to around or above average in a couple of weeks. But it's always a couple of weeks. By the time we actually get the above average temperatures, it'll be bloody December, and that'll just annoy everyone further

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

What the hell has happened to our climate? This current pattern is not normal and deep lows next weekend are not right. Why does high pressure seem to struggle to form directly over land in summer (except Greenland) but easily so in winter? We could not be in a worse location.

The UK essentially becomes the summer location of the PV!!!

Disastrous for tourism.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I just don't understand how people can sit with a straight and say that they actually like this weather. It's utterly absurd and I refuse to believe it. Are these people fat or something? The only people I know who wilt and die when it gets above 20C are fat and out of shape.

6ft2, 12 stone gym going young lad - actually. Maybe I just don't like the heat, but it was a perfectly beautiful day here yesterday. Kids out all over the place, the local fair around, a BBQ, shorts and t-shirts - beautiful. Chilly when the sun went down? Sure. But who wouldn't want it that way. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

6ft2, 12 stone gym going young lad - actually. Maybe I just don't like the heat, but it was a perfectly beautiful day here yesterday. Kids out all over the place, the local fair around, a BBQ, shorts and t-shirts - beautiful. Chilly when the sun went down? Sure. But who wouldn't want it that way.

Models aside, it's fascinating how the chilly forecast polarises (no pun intended) opinions on our climate. Each to their own I guess!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well it's certainly 'dire' today...Wall-to-wall sunshine, hardly a breath of wind, and around 21C. What do peeps want? :D  :fool:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Well it's certainly 'dire' today...Wall-to-wall sunshine, hardly a breath of wind, and around 21C. What do peeps want? :D  :fool:

You live in the SE. Enough said.