Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Spring/Summer 2015.

Posted

Priceless, as we transition from Spring into Summer, guess what folks, things are set to get warmer... :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Priceless, as we transition from Spring into Summer, guess what folks, things are set to get warmer... :rofl:

In any other country, but this is the UK!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well let's see, my Saturday temperature has fluctuated from 36C to 24C to 29C to 14C to 31C to 22C to 17C - what it is now. That averages at 24.7C, which I'd take quite happily with some sunshine and a light easterly breeze lol.

Have to say there have been some quite draztic swings in the models over the last few days but it just goes to show how the exact placement of the trough can make all the difference. I'm not expecting much from this but I'm going to remain quietly optimistic that even a slightly watered down version of the thunderstormageddon will still occur. Even 6th/7th June last year produced thunderstorms in the south and the temperature was only around 25/26C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Quite a few disappointed today because of what the models are showing, for me, I am just pleased to see the temperature trend rising towards the mid 20's instead of mid teens! lower temps for Scotland, where the threat of some rain remains, but if you get some drier spells it should feel warmer than of late

Untitled3e3e1.png

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008

I was trying my best to avoid getting too excited about that suggested extreme-plume shown in some earlier models.

I mean I love hot days as much as any summer-lover, but plumes are inherently unstable when they do actually occur. I'm not as much a fan of mega-thunderstoms as some on here. And plumes of the type suggsted in some earlier models very often fail to materialise anyway. The latest models seem to be wiping a very hot plume off next Friday's/Saturday's agenda, at least for now.

In her most recent analysis, Tamara was suggesting there may be some signs of some more stable warmth/HP building from the SW, over the slightly longer term. If that happened, it would be preferable for settled-weather preferrers. Give me 21C lasting 10 days or more, rather than 29C lasting for 2 and followed by a stormy breakdown.

Edited by William of Walworth
  • Like 3

Posted

I'm not even bothered about hot weather really - all I want is some settled weather - no showers, no cold, and for the love of goodness NO MORE WIND! I am SICK of this constant wind.

If we got 18-20C with light winds - that would be good enough. Otherwise known as normal weather for the time of year.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I'm not even bothered about hot weather really - all I want is some settled weather - no showers, no cold, and for the love of goodness NO MORE WIND! I am SICK of this constant wind.

If we got 18-20C with light winds - that would be good enough. Otherwise known as normal weather for the time of year.

Agree, this endless, howling wind that won't stop blowing is driving me nuts! How hard can it be to have some warm, sunny, quiet weather?? Low 20s in quiet, sunny conditions feel very pleasant.

Posted

WeatherPro's my favourite weather app but they tend to under-cook temps even within the reliable timeframe.

They were going for low 20s next weekend for my location (Chelmsford), then suddenly it shot up to 27C and now it's been climbing down again. Latest forecast is now only 22C for Friday!

Posted

Wow, I'm lost for words - a one-day hot spell for the south while our first official day of 20C is delayed even further. I wonder if it is possible to go an entire June without reaching 20C even once.

Hopefully some changes before then for my own sanity. This weather is driving me doolally, and I am seriously tempted to book a last-minute holiday abroad. I need to get out of here ASAP - even if it's just for a week in Barcelona. ANYWHERE but here. Heck, Brussels and Amsterdam are looking a hell of a lot better than here with temperatures well into the 20s and Friday forecast to exceed 30C. It's just little old Blighty as per usual missing out on everything AGAIN.

Sick, sick, sick of it. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Phew, I feel better for that. I will now go back to being cheery and positive.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

It does a look a bit of a one-hit wonder. Anyone remember 27th May 2005? One solitary day of heat after a windy and unsettled start to the week (like this week), and followed by a rapidly strengthening trough that ushered in chilly winds the next day and a good 10C drop in temperature. That was the day London reached 30C and Edinburgh struggled to get into double figures.

Posted

Interesting update from the Met today, they are still bullish on the medium term for dry and warm weather.

Posted

Interesting update from the Met today, they are still bullish on the medium term for dry and warm weather.

Indeed and there's plenty of evidence that's what will happen but we're talking "warm" not "hot" or "very hot". I'd be quite happy with "warm" up to say 25c with sunshine and low humidity. I would still suffer with hay fever but it would be reasonable and bearable. Keeping the HP to the north of the British Isles is the key to this.

For some of here, it seems that 30c is warm, 35c is hot and 40c is very hot. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

I dont know Thunderbolt_ im kinda looking forward to tonights fun and games. Nothing better than being cosy inside whilst listening to the howling wind and lashing rain :D

Charts for tonight and into tomorrow are certainly more reminicent of October than June. Very unusual to see at this time of year. I am an action weather fan though, and it gets pretty wild up here!

I just hope there is no major damage and no casualties, the trees being in full leaf rather than bear in winter storms is the biggest risk I think.

After this then still something to be optimistic about as you say, pleasently warm and sunny will do just nicely :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

whilst a agree that 20 - 25c is very pleasantly warm , and not to be sniffed at, i like heat (above 25c) so it remains warm in the evenings and we get that rare event of sitting out in the garden on a summers evening comfortably.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Yet another day of cold, cloudy, miserable, PM north-westerly rubbish! Look on the brightside though, once we get this horrid wet and windy garbage out of the way, summer will finally get going.

yeah Scott, this is the sort of synoptic setup you'd expect in Dec, Atlantic air low pressure and gales, but yeah Summer to begin thurs really

Posted

WHY does this keep on happening? We get 850pha temps of 15C but all we can manage is a measly 18C on the surface?! Why can't the very warm weather just extend a little further north? We haven't even hit 20C officially this year and it keeps on getting delayed further. Meanwhile London is set to reach 80F after coming close in April. gaah.gif

fznKGtx.png

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

whilst a agree that 20 - 25c is very pleasantly warm , and not to be sniffed at, i like heat (above 25c) so it remains warm in the evenings and we get that rare event of sitting out in the garden on a summers evening comfortably.

Agreed Mushy, one thing that is becoming prevalent is the evenings cool rapidly and not wrm outside sitting

BFTP

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

ECM backing the GFS output for the end of the week, great stuff. Could get 27-30C in the SE if so, fabulous. Potential for decent storms too. Am a little concerned that the UKMO is having none of it, giving a pretty cloudy day maxing out at a very boring 20C. Yawn. Let's hope it's way off of the mark here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

ECM backing the GFS output for the end of the week, great stuff. Could get 27-30C in the SE if so, fabulous. Potential for decent storms too. Am a little concerned that the UKMO is having none of it, giving a pretty cloudy day maxing out at a very boring 20C. Yawn. Let's hope it's way off of the mark here.

The forecast will go down to the wire :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

We might see 20'C towards end of week if we're really lucky me thinks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

We might see 20'C towards end of week if we're really lucky me thinks.

Yeah thats what im thinking too. I suppose it all depends on that cold front and if its still there at the end of the week and if so how quickly it comes through:

96-580UK.GIF?01-12

Posted

Apart from Friday, the weekend looks no warmer than it's been a few weeks ago.

No real sign of summer just yet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

pah! 16C on Fri if that comes off

shambolic it really is!