Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Isnt it better to feel cool but comfortable but still warm enough to sit outside a pub though, rather than cloudy humid sticky conditions, I just don't see what they achieve either.

Doubt youd see many people say outside a pub today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Doubt youd see many people say outside a pub today.

Only because of rain though, not because of temps.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Great summer down south so far, loved it! :good: ( Apart from when we were baked at gas mark 9 for three weeks) :diablo:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Below average temperatures, which is what most on here chase for most of the year.

Most on here this time of year chase something warmer if we had a southerly in winter and I went into the winter thread and said that all hell would break loose......

Lets be totally honest here 90% on here now are chasing something warmer just like in winter the vast majority want something colder

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 4

Posted

Wet again here tomorrow so 3 days in a row ,would be bad for winter let alone high summer !!.

The temp here today 'peaked' at 14.3c it was warmer than this on Halloween last year!

One more day of rain and suppressed temps tomorrow then a gradual improvement once the northerly arrives moving the rain away and allowing this cloud to lift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Isnt it better to feel cool but comfortable but still warm enough to sit outside a pub though, rather than cloudy humid sticky conditions, I just don't see what they achieve either.

Not sure you can have cool yet still warm enough to sit outside?

No one said it has to be sticky either. It just needs to be around 20-24c in the evening. Perfect. Not hot, not uncomfortable. Im sorry but it has barely exceeded 16c recently. Come rain or shine, at this time of year when the body has accustomed to warmer temperatures, 16c and below is just not warm enough now. Might feel fine in March when you have been used to sub 10c temps for months.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Below average temperatures, which is what most on here chase for most of the year.

No ! Maybe there are lots on here that want that,and I like snow and cold weather in winter as much as anyone but in summer I like it warmer and am not one to complain if it gets too hot,just in this country we never get chance to get used to it.I think you will find the majority of people look back on summers of 1975,76,83,84,89,90,95,97,,2003 and 2006 with fondness and not Hell !!

• Like 3

Posted

Not sure you can have cool yet still warm enough to sit outside?

No one said it has to be sticky either. It just needs to be around 20-24c in the evening. Perfect. Not hot, not uncomfortable. Im sorry but it has barely exceeded 16c recently. Come rain or shine, at this time of year when the body has accustomed to warmer temperatures, 16c and below is just not warm enough now. Might feel fine in March when you have been used to sub 10c temps for months.

That's far too warm in the evening - that almost guarantees a sticky night, 10-13c is plenty warm enough to sit outside in a t-shirt.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

That's far too warm in the evening - that almost guarantees a sticky night, 10-13c is plenty warm enough to sit outside in a t-shirt.

You have to be joking? You clearly have very different tolerance levels to most of us here. Nothing wrong with that but 10c is COLD for 95% of us here.

It was 12c here yesterday and It was so cold I had to put the heating on in the house. 

20-24c is not necesarily going to be a warm night. Im not saying it should be that at 10pm. Say 22-24c at 7pm, 20-22c at 8pm, 19-21c at 9pm then 16-20c by 10pm leading to a 12-15c overnight low...

Have you ever been abroad?

It sounds like to me if 20-24c in an evening is way too hot (Im not on about night time!), you are not trying enough to cool down, even though that is nothing that warm.

Edited by Costa Del Fal
  • Like 2

Posted

You have to be joking? You clearly have very different tolerance levels to most of us here. Nothing wrong with that but 10c is COLD for 95% of us here.

It was 12c here yesterday and It was so cold I had to put the heating on in the house. 

20-24c is not necesarily going to be a warm night. Im not saying it should be that at 10pm. Say 22-24c at 7pm, 20-22c at 8pm, 19-21c at 9pm then 16-20c by 10pm...

Have you ever been abroad?

It sounds like to me if 20-24c in an evening is way too hot (Im not on about night time!), you are not trying enough to cool down, even though that is nothing that warm.

Never been abroad apart from Istanbul but that was winter, but a lot of people tell me its a dry heat abroad, as opposed to oppressive August nights over here.

Not been the best of days today. 14C and wall-to-wall low cloud with periodic rain and drizzle is really not my cup of tea for high summer, I will be honest.

Today has been one of those days where I can honestly say that no matter what, tomorrow can only be better.

only thing is it will be the same as today :(..

Posted

I realty take exception to the bbc weather especially John Hammond.. why use the word heatwave in the  forecast then  say its going to be cold August likely?.. Please refrain from using heatwave in your forecast,. It gives people the wrong impression. NOOO wait that's what its suppose to do.

Im having a BBQ on Saturday.. no idea what the weather will be like. BBC as a dry  other forecasts its going to rain.. We will find out if my burgers :pardon:  are wet.. wont we? :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

No, it isn't. 20-24C is the perfect evening temperature for normal people. I've never met another living soul away from this forum who thinks 10-13C is an acceptable temperature range for the middle of summer.
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Yes, if you're wrapped in a duvet and are sat by a log fire lol, otherwise 10-13C is really cold!

The beauty of summer is that it should be possible to sit out in the evening and not freeze like in other seasons. Unlike this past week. Yes the rain has been very welcome here but why does it have to be so stupidly cold in late July?? Whatever happened to 'warm summer rain'?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Must confess I'm with Feb91 on this:

24187144d3ee4692f29add2dcf844353.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

10-13°c sat outside for longer than 10 mins in a t shirt is going to be cold for 90% of people in this country lol.

Edited by James M

Posted

The British Summer's inevitable grey and rainy spells are as regular and predictable as the media's hysterical and incredulous response. Every....single....year. :D

Edited by nicklon1

Posted

Here's the beebs thoughts on the longer term weather from last night

Untitled.png

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

Here's the beebs thoughts on the longer term weather from last night

Untitled.png

I'll take that compared to the here and now as any sunny spells will still feel nice and warm and more like summer as opposed to the Autumnal muck we have IMBY now.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

So the Met Office stats for July so far show a pretty average month rainfall-wise, as expected...

rainfall-july-20151.png?w=510

Interesting to see pockets of well above average rainfall, presumably from storms earlier this month.