Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Ghastly stuff, come back to Autumn, that howling wind hasn't stopped for months.

certainly did last week, mon to Sat, too hot for me with the exception of thurs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Amazing.

Looking at the radar, it seemed as if there was some decent rain coming in for the garden and baskets. But, no. As its heading East over Snowdonia, it's splitting North and South as it gets to Salop.

Posted

Shock horror back to rubbish weekend's now i'm back, Saturday Nights rain keeps speeding up and Sunday usual Autumnal shower fest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Cold today especially in comparison to last week. Winds from the north are RUBBISH and I don't care what anyone says to try and counter that.

Posted

Cold today especially in comparison to last week. 

And just to prove your point, it's currently 15.9°C here whereas at the same time exactly a week ago it was 30.5°C

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yep we reached about 19c but so much colder than last weeks 34c here!

Posted

Hoping we can get at least one nice Sunday this year, amazing how it's been so poor every week consistently (guessing Sun 28th was poor to), weekend's really have been cursed this Spring/Summer with west/north west winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Cold today especially in comparison to last week. Winds from the north are RUBBISH and I don't care what anyone says to try and counter that.

they are, friday looks a decent day 23C sunny light winds, i'm not a fan of heat, but northerlies suck too, I am an inbetween guy and like 22-23C, sunny and light winds

Posted

It was absolutely freezing at lunchtime today! A bitter wind. I'm quite a hardy soul, but I went out on my lunch break without a coat & soon went back inside again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

What a horrible day, honestly it felt like November this morning and October this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Clouds

Cold overnight with a low of 6.3C, but warming up nicely here with a current temperature of 13.3C pressure 1024mb light west wind and the prospect of a dry sunny day in store.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

With the winds a lot lighter today and plenty of sunshine it's making it pleasant out there....Ok no heatwave, but what the hell!!! the suns out ENJOY :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Not a bad day by any means. Mostly sunny, light winds but only 17C temperatures.

It's next week which may not be promising with a NW airflow - meaning cloud, cool temps and brreezy winds! Hopefully this will change.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Lovely Summers day here with light winds and clear blue skys.

Posted

Sunny spells, max of 20c, light winds for once to! just hazing over now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Sunny again this morning... but there are one or two pieces of cloudzillaettes lurking around. Should hopefully remain bright or sunny until this evening and tonight where some rain could raid the area.

If I had to guess how high the temperatures will reach here today, will go 25.4*C. :wink:

Current temperature at the moment: around 14*C

Posted

Lovely morning with clear blue sky's wall to wall sunshine and little wind, Temp already 16c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Clouds

Some altocumulus with a lot of sunshine this morning current temperature 15.4C pressure 1021mb and humidity 80%.

The outlook is for a warm sunny day but with some rain during the evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Well, so much for the "largely sunny and warm" morning we were supposed to get. Sure, it's fairly warm and reasonably bright, but cloud cover is now about 95%. Maybe it'll break up, but right now it's nothing like the forecast. Midlands Murk strikes again...

Posted

complete layer of muck spreading in, very dull now from the west

Similar sort of thing happened here, but seems to have brightened up a fair bit with the sun back out (although also some odd convective pieces of cloud about).

Temperature now around 25.7*C. 26*C or 27*C probably not out of reach in some parts before it's too late. While it's not super hot, it's kind of a shame this heat's unlikely to go off with a bang. But considering what happened last Saturday morning, shouldn't complain really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Much better day here as well: by no means cloudless, but a decent amount of very warm sunshine and temps around the 25  °C mark. As Summer of 95 says, though, that blasted wind is again far stronger than forecast and really taking the edge off unless you can get somewhere sheltered. Am I just imagining it, or has this late spring/early summer really been much windier than average?

Posted

Not really thought about it, but it does sort of feel as though it's been a bit on the blowy side - I think especially for those exposed to the North-Westerly winds. The North-Westerly winds of which seem to have been quite a common wind direction in the last few months.

In a way, I don't mind North-Westerly winds if it comes from a true, unstable, Polar Maritime flow giving a decent sunshine and shower setup and also if it's cold enough to produce snow in Winter. But otherwise if they deliver mostly cloudy skies with convective cloud spreading out into that sneaky Stratocumulus stuff, then that wind direction is not my friend. :nonono: