Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted

Reverse psychology worked for a while lol, brightened up around 13:30 with long sunny spells for few hours, cloudzilla returned now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Clouds

Overcast and wet with an overnight low of 12.8C current temperature is 14.3C pressure 1012mb humidity 100%. The outlook is for rain most of the day.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Overcast with intermittent drizzle here, And the hills shrouded by cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

The weather is in a grumpy Monday mood this morning. Cloudy with periods of rain and drizzle - similar to the dudes' above. It will probably at least put the plants in a good mood by providing them with something to drink.

Temperature currently 17*C, and the humidity is high.

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The early drizzle has now become moderate rain and there's been hill fog since 0830 g.m.t.

When I looked at the radar around 6.0 am it looked as though the rain area had almost broken in two and what was left, for this area, was nothing more than light intermittent rain but a large area of moderate rain ( heavy over the Welsh hills) has developed to the west over the past couple of hours and seems to be heading this way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Just been out to the shops and the weather is not playing ball for July, crappy, cloudy, muck!!!

But most of all the humidity with temps here of 19.5c it certainly feels warmer, even in that breeze.

Posted

Very wet indeed with hill fog. Heavy rain currently after an afternoon of heavy drizzle.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Typical Sunday weather on a Monday for once, only muggy/humid, still holding at 18c now, fohn effect so probably hold up around 17/18 most of the night.

Posted

Grey and overcast here with showers showing on the radar coming in from the west.

Just what we wanted as we are opening our garden today for the National Gardens Scheme.

Temperature 15.3C pressure 1016mb and humidity 91%, expecting rain in a couple of hours.

Posted

Groundhog day folks...........Monday all over again>>>>> crappy, cloudy, muck!!! Currently 19c.

EDIT; Hammering it down ATM  :closedeyes: 

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Gross sunless day but muggy/warm and no breeze (a miracle this summer), at least it's not cold, 19.4c

Posted

The current conditions show how misleading rain radars can occasionally appear - it's extremely wet right now, and yet barely a trace of anything on RainToday.

Bish

Posted

The current conditions show how misleading rain radars can occasionally appear - it's extremely wet right now, and yet barely a trace of anything on RainToday.

Bish

Never happens when snow's on the menu Bish :D

• Like 1

Posted

Never happens when snow's on the menu Bish :D

I know, tell me about it lol  :laugh:

Properly belting it down right now, and barely a wisp on the radar. All very odd.

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I know, tell me about it lol  :laugh:

Properly belting it down right now, and barely a wisp on the radar. All very odd.

Bish

slight cold front, dry here but front moved through, feels a bit fresher now with a notable NW wind

Posted

slight cold front, dry here but front moved through, feels a bit fresher now with a notable NW wind

Just a little confused to what front your on about ? for one it's a Occluded front or in my eyes it's acting like a Quasi-stationary front ( just sitting over us ) chart Below.

still feels very humid with rain on and off here :closedeyes:

post-11006-0-99011600-1436906898_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Raining lightly. As it has been for hour upon hour upon hour upon... oh, you get the idea. An immensely frustrating day -- at least when it's a total washout, you can plan accordingly, but my plans for a nice evening walk were ruined. I waited and waited, but no gap ever came. Reasonably warm, but what use is that if I can't enjoy being outside? Grump.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

One Of the worst July days I have ever known for being so glum and drizzly. HOW CAN ANYONE WISH FOR THIS?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Horrible past few days - typical of north westerly and westerly airflows. Thursday isn't even that promising, temperatures barely forecasted above 22C (average) and only patchy sunshine before light rain and windier on Friday.

Hot weather should be more common now our winters are mild, gloomy, windy and wet, but no; our seasons have to be dominated by a constant northwesterly airflow - with only the odd plume in summer and wintry shower in winter. I guess we are now facing the most boring weather before the 'mini-iceage' in 2030 and hot summers becoming 'normal' by 2050. If the weather continues its pattern, I can make my own long-range forecast:

Long Range Forecast

August 2015 - Cloudy and below average temperatures dominant, perhaps the odd plume towards the start of the month.

September 2015 - A wet start and end to the month, otherwise drier and above average temperatures.

October 2015 - A wet month to begin with followed by a dry spell with temperatures below average by the end of the month.

November 2015 - A gloomy month dominated with bands of rain and average temperatures.

December 2015 - A cold start to the month followed by a gloomy, wet and warmer than average month.

January 2016 - A wet month dominated by Atlantic weather systems and westerly winds bringing mild temperatures.

February 2016 - A snowy start to the month followed by a warmer end to the month.

Nothing much to look forward to in my long-range forecast i'm afraid, except the snowy start to February 2016. But the weather doesn't ever go the way I predict it to do so!

Edited by xStorm

Posted

There's at least going to be no "return of the westerlies" this year- apart from a week or two in April and one day at the end of June, the westerlies haven't gone away since last autumn!

Yesterday was total junk, constantly getting that type of drizzle that isn't heavy but soaks everything through (clothes, grass, the dog and cat) and it went on virtually all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Sunday is looking worse, torrential rain all day, can guarantee that won't change

I bet if it was expected for Monday instead, it would have changed. :laugh:

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted

Overcast start to the day but the outlook is for the cloud to clear leaving a bright and sunny afternoon.

Temperature is 14.0C Pressure 1020mb and humidity 74%.

Posted

Just read some of the posts for yesterday, looks like we were very lucky with our garden opening.

We had two light showers at about 10:00am and two spots