Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted

I mean to be honest there's not really been any weather here for so long that I can't even remember June anyway, two vile sunless drizzly days, shockingly the past two weekend's have been better than the weekdays! a first for 2015.

Posted

More junk from this miserable, frustrating month today. Drizzle and showers on and off with hardly any sunshine, seems to have been 18C day and night for weeks.

June doesnt seem half so bad now.

It was pretty good but still couldn`t manage 4 straight dry days without rain however light then.

Today was really dull with drizzly showers.

Friday is undecided,I was looking at the fax and could see 3 dry days in a row,but GFS is abit of a dampener to say the very least.

I hope it rains as I won`t have to cut hay not worth the tempting risk just 3 days.

Need 4 or 5 days,it may settle down in august.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn784.html

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Nothing to look forwards to this week, or even next week. Temperatures below average, limited sunshine, mostly cloudy, rain on several days, showers possible pretty much everyday. Northwesterly then northerly winds incoming, that says it all.  :unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Clouds

Overcast again with the threat of more showers.

Temperature 14.7C pressure 1013mb and humidity 86% currently dead calm.

Posted

Disgusting day until around 16:30, then very pleasant April evening since, max today 17.9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Just 14c expected Friday. I'm sorry but than can be beaten in January. This is an appalignsummer for warmth minus the brief heatwave. This must be up there with some of the coldest on record? Looks like it's about to infect Much more of Europe next week too just in time for my trip towards Germany etc. fed up of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Indeed. Really it shows our climate has no progression or major change in at all if January can be warmer than July. Shocking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Temperatures comparable to March at the moment, even January can feel warmer like you said above. I hope this 'summer' will be made up for with a proper winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Clouds

Should be a better day today remaining dry with some sunny periods.

Posted

^ That was what I was hoping for to, but nooo once again flat featureless grey skies with no sign of a break, standard luck had the worst weather in May for my days off then and now the worst in July  :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Right now it's 16 °C with light rain, and so dark I need the light on. It's been overcast most of the day, with very little sunshine. Nothing like what was forecast less than 24 hours ago, unfortunately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Day off tomorrow :) but looking at what's coming  :nonono: I don't think I'll even bother opening the curtains.

Posted

I'm expecting tomorrow to be one of the worst July days I have ever known. Easily up there with 2007 and 2012 again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I'm expecting tomorrow to be one of the worst July days I have ever known. Easily up there with 2007 and 2012 again.

like the 21st in 2007, torrential rain and 13C max, 20th wasn't much better

Some rain should come in handy for the farming and gardening fraternity, maybe less so for holiday makers and suchlike. Looks like the heaviest is expected for more southern areas before yet more rain belts gradually push in from the west on Sunday. Apart from that why worry? the Med is baking and we get the more unsettled conditions, just need the jet stream to take a different route and who knows what conditions this could bring as we head into August and beyond.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Looking at the radar, we may get some meaningful rain here in Telford tomorrow. Some weather that is actually doing something.

Even my lawn out back has been bored shyteless lately; I mowed it two weeks ago, and it's hardly grown!

Edited by dusk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Aye, the way that Northern edge of the front is moving it looks good for Salop!

If it sounds odd that I'm looking forward to some meaningful rain, bear in mind we've had fvck all to interest us in Telford for weeks. Even the storms of the 1st & 3rd passed us by, and my right arm is akin to Popeye's from watering all the baskets and plants!

Posted

18z has summer's return next weekend! praying/hoping this trend is right, September sun is wasted unless you work part time! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

18z has summer's return next weekend! praying/hoping this trend is right, September sun is wasted unless you work part time! 

dosen't look that good on 00Z, sure it will find a way to rain on 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30th Aug

Posted

Saturday looking the best day of this week,today is now a washout with a chanel low as the just is now heading further and further south,just like 2004/2007/08/09/10/11/12 etc.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/rainfall-radar#?map=Rainfall&fcTime=1437676200&zoom=5&lon=-4.00&lat=55.01

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Cloudy with very light S/W winds here this morning with a low of 7c, Rain should arrive any-time soon.

Temp 9.4c

Posted

No rain yet but it's not far away looking at the radar, Cloudy ans chilly with a N/E breeze. Temp 12.8c