Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Seriously how can anyone like this? PM and TM please give an answer to this? Lol.

Just 12c until the rain cleared. I have never known such a cold July day. Sad really the little amount of time I have been able to sit outside. :(

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Thick Fog here with very little wind, Rain has eased leaving 7.4mm, Temp 11.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Miserable day here also.

I have recorded 18mms of rain now.

Temp did just reach 15c in the one brightish spell about 17:00, but it brought on further heavy showers this evening.

Temp now falling away again at 13.6C

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Clouds

20mm recorded for yesterday 10mm fell between 21:09 and 21:46 pm.

Its cloudy with a stiff WNW wind gusting to 14mph, temperature is 15.5C, pressure 996mb.

Posted

Recorded 10.6mm over the last 24hrs, 2.8mm so far today due to showers and a temp currently 14.1c.

Posted

Bouts of heavy drizzle so far this afternoon, Temp 13.8c

Posted

'heavy drizzle' - is that like rain?

Very nearly! I would say it's wetter than rain.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Cloudy with drizzle here at the moment - still feels like autumn though. Hopefully autumn will feel like our summer instead, although I don't mind snow - I would actually rather it will be nice enough for a BBQ. The only thing I despise is overcast, mild, rain and drizzle - today being a good example and yesterday being a better one. As for August:

Unseasonable maximum temperatures, some of us may even see a rural ground frost. Scotland may even get snow/sleet. 

06_93_uk2mtmp.png?cb=815

Warmer temperatures for a day or two at the start of August.

06_180_uk2mtmp.png?cb=656

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy bouts of drizzle have continued giving 3.2mm so far, Temp currently 13.8c W/N/W 6mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Wow, what an amazing summer's day. For at least ten minutes, the sun was out! (That's when it nipped up to 18.6 °C.) If we continue with this kind of scorching heat all through August, I don't know whether I'll be able to stand it... :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Clouds

It's another cloudy day with more rain expected during the afternoon.

Temperature is 11.7C

Pressure 1002mb

Humidity 89%

Wind SW light.

Cool feeling, mainly drab overcast and damp after periods of rain, occasional light breezes. Suddenly by late morning the sun came out and humidity levels went through the roof! Forecasted dew points were expected to top around 20C! That sun felt hot alright but this was only the start? Showers and thunderstorms grew from nowhere, lively ones at that, out of the blue up popped the infamous Brumnado ten years ago today bringing with it a trail of destruction.

That was some weather event. An F4 event.

Edited by fazer76

Posted

A few showers overnight eased in the early hours, But heavy persistent drizzle has set in once again and feeling cool.

Temp 11.9c

Rain today so far 5.2mm

Wind West/Avg 11mph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Atrocious weather. Overcast with some drizzle and temperatures only hovering around 15C. The August long-range forecast isn't looking promising either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

This morning before i went to work the BBC forecast was a dry bright morning and maybe the odd showers this afternoon ????

WELL!!! this morning....RAIN...this afternoon it's been LOVELY what a cock-up :nonono:

Wouldn't of bothered me that much except i planned to work outdoors this morning :D

Posted

Even cooler today, wow, high of 15.3c in late July!!!!! you just know that low to the west over the weekend will end up slap bang over us for Sunday, there's no such thing as 23c and sunny spells on a Sunday in 2015!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Even cooler today, wow, high of 15.3c in late July!!!!! you just know that low to the west over the weekend will end up slap bang over us for Sunday, there's no such thing as 23c and sunny spells on a Sunday in 2015!

I'm thinking the same, models been trending it close at times

Posted

Just had a heavy shower out of nowhere. During it the temperature fell from an already unseasonable 15C to a ridiculous 10C. Sun is trying to come out again but this is March weather not July.

Posted

Very heavy rain here and to my South, Must be over TMs house the skys black.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Very heavy rain here and to my South, Must be over TMs house the skys black.

Saw it go by to my north, this setup in winter would stink! showers from cheshire Gap bringing snow to areas above 300m, and rain to low levels