Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

It's boring non-summer weather in the 2010 or 2011 mould. This summer has so far just been a colder version of 2010, with odd bits of 2009 and 2011. The amount of cloud today was ridiculous considering there's no convection about and the low is hundreds of miles away. Temps of 20-21 are better than 14-15 like we had a week ago, but it still doesn't feel very summery without the sun.

True enough. Today did at least see a few brief sunny breaks, but it was mostly murky with blustery showers. It's pathetic, but I've actually been wanting September to get here already -- over the last few years, early autumn has delivered more good weather than late summer!

That said, some of the recent model runs look quite... interesting. Depends on the cloud as far as I'm concerned -- I'd take 20 °C and sunny over 25 °C and murky every time.

Posted

Thankgod I saw some sun over the weekend as it's still impossible here, that wind however, that's still howling on 6 months later..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Thankgod I saw some sun over the weekend as it's still impossible here, that wind however, that's still howling on 6 months later..

yeah, sunday looks a shocker, rain most of day on gfs and fax

Posted

yeah, sunday looks a shocker, rain most of day on gfs and fax

Depends how strong the high is that rain will fizzle out,this evening looks a shocker wth heavy rain though.

UKM shows a strong high ridging in.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Depends how strong the high is that rain will fizzle out,this evening looks a shocker wth heavy rain though.

UKM shows a strong high ridging in.

don't mind that

Posted

Absolutely vile weather for high summer, teeming rain and howling winds. Tried to get brighter earlier but all the cloud and wind meant it couldn't.

This summer is fast going from poor to rubbish, what's so difficult about a few sunny, dry days with seasonal temperatures?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Just had 1 minute of really large spots, obviously moving up from the south.

Where has it come from?

MIA

Posted

Lord this summer has no mercy does it!?! decent day forecast today and shocker it's rained/drizzle all morning and now thick low cloud since with no brightness dropped back to 15c after 18c in the drizzle at 10am! 

Satellite shows it well, cloud moving on elsewhere whilst a Shropshire shaped lump refuses to move.

Posted

Lord this summer has no mercy does it!?! decent day forecast today and shocker it's rained/drizzle all morning and now thick low cloud since with no brightness dropped back to 15c after 18c in the drizzle at 10am! 

Satellite shows it well, cloud moving on elsewhere whilst a Shropshire shaped lump refuses to move.

better than here, absolutely torrential rain for around 20 mins 9-9.20, don't mind drizzle as much, but Sunday looks a shocker heavy rain

Posted

Finally brightened up here after an eternity of gloom, Saturday forecast 23c and sunny spells, insanity for a weekend day in 2015, Sunday of course brings a reality check back.

Posted

better than here, absolutely torrential rain for around 20 mins 9-9.20, don't mind drizzle as much, but Sunday looks a shocker heavy rain

I don`t know where you`re getting the heavy rain for on sunday,looks like its fizzling all the time.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn784.html

Had long sunny spells this afternoon and blue skies that makes a change after a slightly drizzly start.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Lovely sky here tonight, Temp 13.6c.

post-12319-0-43844700-1438891439_thumb.j

Posted

A clear dry sunny morning with light winds, Temp 9.2c after a low of 5.7c.

Posted

Thought today was meant to finally be nice? instead unforecast wall of slate grey skies with no breaks which should of broke up by 8am is arriving from the south *sigh*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Thought today was meant to finally be nice? instead unforecast wall of slate grey skies with no breaks which should of broke up by 8am is arriving from the south *sigh*

Yep, it's pretty depressing. On the Met Office's West Midlands page, the hourly auto-generated forecast has actually been much more accurate than the detailed text forecast for this area this morning! The text ("a good deal of warm sunshine") bears no relation to reality at all!

These things happen, I know, but it'd be nice if they didn't happen quite so often...

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted

??? Have to hide in a corner but its been a sunny morning here. Some Cu about but certainly not slate grey

Posted

??? Have to hide in a corner but its been a sunny morning here. Some Cu about but certainly not slate grey

Prepare, I thought it was looking that way here to (was lovely an hour ago) but completely grey and overcast now ick looks like it's gonna be here practically all day now as it's so slow moving and not breaking up, so that's two 'decent' days down the pan already and to top it off 06z shows tons of cloud bubbling up tomorrow to now here :nonono:  :nonono: I am done with this summer, worst in living memory. 

Posted

Still not one break in the cloud here...not one bit of sunshine after 10am thus temp has held back at 17.8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Hopefully tomorrow will be better (but now I've said that it'll probably be worse...).

Although it's been pretty cloudy so far today, (there is however some brighter patches around) this is still much more preferable compared to very cool, rainy and windy conditions. Reasonably warm as well with the temperature just touching 20*C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Doom and gloom for the usual cloud brigade and my god it's getting so boring now, i wish you would find something else to post about.

Please god! let the sun show its self tomorrow :)

PS... SUNDAY WILL BE CLOUDY....ENOUGH SAID :wallbash:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Clouding over now, But the day has been grand with long sunny periods here.

Posted

definite north south split over me today, clear to the north and grey to the south, for a change though no wind

Posted

Doom and gloom for the usual cloud brigade and my god it's getting so boring now, i wish you would find something else to post about.

Please god! let the sun show its self tomorrow :)

PS... SUNDAY WILL BE CLOUDY....ENOUGH SAID :wallbash:

But what else can people post about when the weather has given nothing but the same cloudy, boring, cold dross for over a month? Maybe we should have a "Fantasy land regional discussion" where we can post what we want/expect the weather to be doing....
  • Like 2