Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

What a a hopeless climate we have. Revolting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Feels much like late November today. Feel like getting the Christmas decorations out....

Will it snow later?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Will it snow later?

Hope so.

• Like 2

Posted

Rain has just arrived here, Temp 13.4c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Feels much like late November today. Feel like getting the Christmas decorations out....

Will it snow later?

Mistletoe and whine? :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Raining here since 9:00.

Moderate/ light in nature locally with an easterly breeze.

Eased of about an hour ago, but seems to be picking up again now.

Temperature of 13.7C and rainfall at 3.1mm

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

My Heating has just turned itself on, i forgot the thermostat is set at 20c, unbelievable.....It is the 24th of July isn't it   :cc_confused:  

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Maximum today so far (which looks like standing) is an almighty 13.8 °C. Must be a while since there was a colder July afternoon than that around these parts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Clouds

A gloomy day with frequent light showers.
Maximum Temperature today 15.2C
Pressure 1010mb
Humidity 81%
Max Gust 10.9mph

Posted

Just 13 or 14c here too today. Vile, disgusting, abhorrent day that should never occur in July, even in England. Sad state of affairs our climate in if this Atlantic cold pool is to stick around and I bet it will. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

slight frost tonight possible? maybe in prone spots, certainly not here, mild night due here around 8C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

A great day for the garden, pots, and baskets. I can almost hear their squeals of delight.

I don't mind the rain either, TBH. Got some decent boots and a brolly for out and about. I don't expect to be wearing my wax jacket in bloody July, though. Jebus it's chilly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Just 13 or 14c here too today. Vile, disgusting, abhorrent day that should never occur in July, even in England. Sad state of affairs our climate in if this Atlantic cold pool is to stick around and I bet it will. 

Do you know if the cold anomalies in the North Atlantic is down to the gulf stream slowing ??? You may not not know anyway, I'm only asking because you've mentioned it.

Posted

Vile, disgusting, abhorrent

I think it's safe to say you're not particularly enjoying the weather right now, isn't it Blizzy?  :laugh:

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Been a bit of a disappointing day really. Not terribly keen on rainy weather really unless it chucks it down. As such, would have loved today's rain to have been a proper spell of heavy stuff rather than the light to moderate stuff it has been. Having the Low just a little further North would, I imagine, have helped with this and brought that heavy precipitation to the South over the region. The grass and plants needed it I guess, though, and tomorrow should definitely be a less unsettled day with more in the way of brighter weather, albeit perhaps with a few odd showers around too.

Posted

Been a bit of a disappointing day really. Not terribly keen on rainy weather really unless it chucks it down. As such, would have loved today's rain to have been a proper spell of heavy stuff rather than the light to moderate stuff it has been. Having the Low just a little further North would, I imagine, have helped with this and brought that heavy precipitation to the South over the region. The grass and plants needed it I guess, though, and tomorrow should definitely be a less unsettled day with more in the way of brighter weather, albeit perhaps with a few odd showers around too.

Agreed DRL,

I have recorded 7.9mms in 12 hours of on/off rainfall.

The temperature has fallen steadily though and is now down to 11.6C with dull skies and a moderate breeze.

I feel this is more of a weather comment then any rainfall.

The wife has just asked to put the heating on!! :D  :D

MIA

Posted

Agreed DRL,

I have recorded 7.9mms in 12 hours of on/off rainfall.

The temperature has fallen steadily though and is now down to 11.6C with dull skies and a moderate breeze.

I feel this is more of a weather comment then any rainfall.

The wife has just asked to put the heating on!! :D  :D

MIA

Does feel as though it's been getting colder later on in the day. Around 12*C here, so not too far off from yours. 

Funnily enough, this likely would have been the type of set-up to produce sleet and snow in Winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Does feel as though it's been getting colder later on in the day. Around 12*C here, so not too far off from yours. 

Funnily enough, this likely would have been the type of set-up to produce sleet and snow in Winter.

yeah, wouldn't be much though, from past setups, would only be wet, light sleety snow for here as not a bullseye hit, unlike boxing day, luckily my location today was dry at times today until after 5pm which turned wetter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Clouds

Lots of blue sky looks like a BBQ day!

Posted

Same. Look like the rain has been terminated! Still, the plants must have been happy for that wet weather.

Some lovely looking clouds, though, in the distance out West/South-West currently.

post-10703-0-38890300-1437809857_thumb.j

Posted

Same. Look like the rain has been terminated! Still, the plants must have been happy for that wet weather.

Some lovely looking clouds, though, in the distance out West/South-West currently.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

DRL

Now over me as they seem to be gradually moving slightly east.......

Big towering cumulonimbus, with an occasional large raindrop  falling.

The sun is still shining and the temperature is a little better than yesterday at 17C

By the way I finished with a 12.0mm total rainfall and a minimum temp of 9C for yesterday..

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 1

Posted

A pleasent sunny day here so far with little cloud, Temp 15.8c

Posted

Off to Europe next week for 3 weeks where I will finally get some summer. Otherwise UK wise I have given up on summer now. It's clear its not going to improve much now before September.

Nice to see that big shiny yellow thing looming in the sky once again, especially after yesterday's wash out. Anything above 18C will feel relatively much warmer too! Holiday makers aside, some would've welcomed the rain with open arms and as always there are going to be winners and losers. Next week looking no different either, mixed all the way, rain or showers some sun and some windier spells.

Definitely no heatwave on the cards! Be interesting to know exactly how many people thrive on more variable conditions, should be used to it by now ;-)

Edited by fazer76