Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

6310i rules! I never have problem, iphones suck, of always for this use keyboard/computer,

Wow. Those were the days of the Nokia. Yes they are generally much easier to deal with! Doesn't help that I try and type fast on this. Very easy to type the wrong thing especially with numbers as there is nothing for autocorrect to but in. Not that autocorrect is usually helpful. Haha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks promising for tomorrow (Sunday) now. There is a light mist here but hasn't thickened for hours now. Doubt fog will form. Also met office seems to have removed most of the fog and mist symbols now. Plenty of sun symbols tomorrow now too. Hope it's right. another day in shorts will be gratefully recieved! :)

Posted

Thick fog here, has been since 8pm last night, wonder what the chances of it clearing are.

And it never got below 8C, seems to be an awful lot of moisture in the air/high DPs for a continental anthocyanins.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Sunny and almost cloudless here with thick fog in the valleys.

An exceptionally warm start to the 1st of November with the temperature at 0900 already 12.9c. The November record here is 15.8c on the 2nd in 2005 and only 8 Novembers in the last 39 years have managed to reach 14c.

Posted

Looks promising for tomorrow (Sunday) now. There is a light mist here but hasn't thickened for hours now. Doubt fog will form. Also met office seems to have removed most of the fog and mist symbols now. Plenty of sun symbols tomorrow now too. Hope it's right. another day in shorts will be gratefully recieved! :)

Unfortunately once again thick fog with 100 meter visibility here, disappointing after the initial excitement of a 17c+ weekend.

Posted

It did turn foggy briefly here at dawn but warm and clear blue skies here. :)

Posted

Had gone foggy again here but sun trying to come out once more. Has suppressed temps though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Another much better day than Friday in these parts, though yesterday probably still shades it. Lingering fog until lunchtime meant it wasn't very warm* but the sun then crept through, though always hazily, and the last few hours have been pleasant. The fog is starting to close in again now, though, and it could be equally stubborn tomorrow.

* Max 12.3 °C -- amazing to think that parts of Wales were a full 10 degrees warmer today!

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

mostly foggy today, cleared for around 2 hours, sunny skies, very foggy now

still keeping weather eye open for Tuesdays rain, hoping it misses here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty and fresh

Stunning first day of November, bright sunshine from first thing until awesome sunset.

Had to drive down into Stoke for an hour of fog but Staffordshire Moorlands welcomed me back with wall to wall sunshine.

More of the same please

Posted

Fog cleared 15 minutes before sunset (typical) and now shrouded back in 50 meter visibility.

Posted

Stunning first day of November, bright sunshine from first thing until awesome sunset.

Had to drive down into Stoke for an hour of fog but Staffordshire Moorlands welcomed me back with wall to wall sunshine.

More of the same please

252 m asl! wish it was me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

More of the same please

Yes, the same here.

A max' of 15.6c was the second highest in November in 53  years of records. It was also the sunniest November day since 2006 with just under 7.8 hrs.

Posted

Pretty dense fog now. Can barely see across the road. Been a very long time since I have seen fog like it. Makes a change though. More cosy indoors feel I suppose! Still quite mild.

Posted

Fog cleared 15 minutes before sunset (typical) and now shrouded back in 50 meter visibility.

Never cleared at all here, went thick again about 4.30, now less than 100m and absolutely dripping wet. So much moisture it actually feels like drizzle, and the grass so soaked.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Some lovely shots of the inversion here this morning.

post-12319-0-95026400-1446467297_thumb.j

post-12319-0-49756300-1446468610_thumb.j

post-12319-0-63804300-1446468684_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

YUCK, 8.9c all day and thick fog with a howling breeze, how can it be foggy and windy?

To think got excited last week thinking we were on to an exceptional spell of warmth for time of year.

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

A good old autumnal foggy day with most struggling to get into double figures, most of the day here in Solihull was around 7c with 9c hit at 18:00

10/10 for the BBC last Thursday (Via the Met Office of course)  saying will have fog & 9c for Monday :wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

I see things are starting to get a bit busier in the Model output thread.... the GFS is cooking up some stonking charts out in deep FI very 2010.... i wasnt on here for 2010 and missed most of the action in real life due to Swine Flu... so would love to see the build up to such an event and then get to see it a little better... whats every bodies best memories of that 5/6 weeks.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

I see things are starting to get a bit busier in the Model output thread.... the GFS is cooking up some stonking charts out in deep FI very 2010.... i wasnt on here for 2010 and missed most of the action in real life due to Swine Flu... so would love to see the build up to such an event and then get to see it a little better... whats every bodies best memories of that 5/6 weeks.....

That would be the WTF moment!

Ian Brown ( a Midlander and posted on the weather outlook blog for many years) was totally of the opinion that a new modern climate had arrived in 1997 with no more snow for the UK.

When the Greenland high appeared about 5 -8 days before the event  he dismissed it as a mirage!!

About 2 days before, all the models suddenly  fell into line..... It showed a drop of about 10C to below zero for all parts of the UK with no sign of a break.

He was speechless except for the above 3 characters!!

It was priceless and received a huge popularity vote!! It was forever named  the WTF moment.

I know Ian sometimes returns to this blog (under a pseudonym), but for me he provided a true M Fish never to be forgotten moment.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 4

Posted

YES! Still the best moment on Net weather WTF :D 2010 Was simply tongue.giffreezing.gif

2010 WAS THE BEST EVER, 3FT ICICLES, SNOW AND MORE SNOW, -15C TEMPS AND SLEDGING WITH THE KIDS ON CHRISTMAS EVE :D  

• Like 1

Posted

That would be the WTF moment!

Ian Brown ( a Midlander and posted on the weather outlook blog for many years) was totally of the opinion that a new modern climate had arrived in 1997 with no more snow for the UK.

When the Greenland high appeared about 5 -8 days before the event  he dismissed it as a mirage!!

About 2 days before, all the models suddenly  fell into line..... It showed a drop of about 10C to below zero for all parts of the UK with no sign of a break.

He was speechless except for the above 3 characters!!

It was priceless and received a huge popularity vote!! It was forever named  the WTF moment.

I know Ian sometimes returns to this blog (under a pseudonym), but for me he provided a true M Fish never to be forgotten moment.

MIA

would be good to see IB back, got around 176 'likes' I think that post

YES! Still the best moment on Net weather WTF :D 2010 Was simply tongue.giffreezing.gif

2010 WAS THE BEST EVER, 3FT ICICLES, SNOW AND MORE SNOW, -15C TEMPS AND SLEDGING WITH THE KIDS ON CHRISTMAS EVE :D  

was best yes, but here Jan and Mar '13 was probably better for snow, Dec was better for cold

Posted

Totally agree  'I remember Atlantic 252'....... here i had 20+ cm in March 2013 another unbelievable moment :wink: and it was late LATE MARCH....PINCH ME :D