Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Rain has cleared through now leaving some long sunny spells but blustery winds gusting 25mph, Temp 13.6c Rain 10.6mm.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lovely warm afternoon. Sunshine at last! Please stay!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Lovely warm afternoon. Sunshine at last! Please stay!

agree with that! but fantasy really, back to normal from tomorrow, temps okay though, could be worse say 6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A brief spell of very heavy rain and squally winds just after 1800. A gust of 50 mph at 1804.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Horrid dank drizzly day, torrential rain about 5pm, now- crystal clear. More hours of starlight than sunlight this month...

Your Xmas present is fairly straight forward then.............................Telescope  :laugh:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Gusting 50mph now here just.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A much wetter day than the local forecast this morning would have had us believe. The presenter on Radio Derby this morning stated it would be a mainly dry day with the odd spit of rain over the Peak District; the reality was continuous moderate rain until mid afternoon by which time 11.3 mm had fallen.

The mean wind speed increased to near gale force after the rain and there was a gust of 59 mph at 1700. 

• Like 1

Posted

Really windy (for around here) reminds me of 2013/14 winter (yuck) where it was like this for weeks on end!

Posted

Really windy (for around here) reminds me of 2013/14 winter (yuck) where it was like this for weeks on end!

Yes fear tomorrow could be a wet one, GFS and BBC have rain moving east to west, also mentioned by fergie in model thread, think it's weird how rain bands move through in the day, and dry spells at night, clear again tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Damp here but not hat much rain here. Story of this spell really for here. Frequent rain but not large totals.

Considering taking a break from this forum though. A few don't seem to appreciate my contribution here. Not in this thread I must add.

Posted

I actually didnt mind that winter  wet and wild i know but certainly like it more than a benine high dominated winter.  Lets hope this winter delevers the goods  

Posted

Currently 15c here at 2.30am.

Posted

Damp here but not hat much rain here. Story of this spell really for here. Frequent rain but not large totals.

Considering taking a break from this forum though. A few don't seem to appreciate my contribution here. Not in this thread I must add.

I do, your posts are good, more like a summer morning here, 15C at 7am, trouble is this time of year, warm means windy, windier it is, the warmer it is

Posted

I do, your posts are good, more like a summer morning here, 15C at 7am, trouble is this time of year, warm means windy, windier it is, the warmer it is

Thanks mate. Last night I was wound up in the model moans/ramps thread and elsewhere a bit. Hopefully it won't happen again.

But yes, positively balmy out there today. The sun has been out a bit too. Not quite enough to get the shorts out though.

Posted

Thanks mate. Last night I was wound up in the model moans/ramps thread and elsewhere a bit. Hopefully it won't happen again.

But yes, positively balmy out there today. The sun has been out a bit too. Not quite enough to get the shorts out though.

no shorts, don't really wear 'em anyway, saw a few in shorts, but felt warm today not mild, don't mind if it continues for 2 more weeks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty and fresh

If it wasn't for the lack of sunlight I would put my life savings on it not being mid November. very weird.

Oh well the good old British weather will do what it feels like, just like normal. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

One to keep an eye on for Saturday holy-moly.gif

72-102UK_iah3.GIF72-289UK_wii3.GIF

Posted

Clear since before midnight, clear most of the night in fact, and still didnt go below 7C. Absolutely ridiculous, it readily went colder than that in June and July.

Sunshine just starting, how many hours today? 4 will double the month's total.....

Posted

A breezy day so far with a moderate F4 W/S/W and mostly clear blue sky's, For now..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Ello ello ello.

To my surprise, we had snow flurries in Oxford at around 1:30pm! I was shocked as I didn't think it was anywhere near cold enough for sleet or snow!

My mum did text me this morning and say there were flurries in Leicester. I told her that she must need to go to specsavers as it simply isn't cold enough yet. Well, I had egg on face this afternoon :rofl:​

• Like 1

Posted

Sleety rainy showers getting colder with each shower which are getting heavier.... Was 6c when i went into town.... Its now sleet and 2c.... Brrrr.... Fire lit and jerk pork meatballs made.... Now for a chilli tomato sauce....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Sleety rainy showers getting colder with each shower which are getting heavier.... Was 6c when i went into town.... Its now sleet and 2c.... Brrrr.... Fire lit and jerk pork meatballs made.... Now for a chilli tomato sauce....

Dude! I remember you :D you gave us updates last Winter on what food you were eating each evening. Classic stuff

• Like 1