Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

ILTS.... You've changed your name back....Have you been upsetting people again  :laugh:

likely lol! but there again 0 warning points, never received any so perhaps not! avatar thing though a pest, won't let me use facebook pic either

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Very blustery here with gusts exceeding 40+ mph. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Very blustery here with gusts exceeding 40+ mph. 

Will be back up with you in a few weeks time PM... i have missed my action weather whilst being in Essex.... looking forward to this winter and seeing what events we can get to our wonderful part of the UK.....I have a funny feeling its going to be a heck of a few months coming up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Quite a nice day here actually. Not windy and some good sunny spells. A few duller moments too but all in all, pretty good. :)

Posted

Nice shots there Will.

A wet dull morning here with moderate rain and blustery winds.

Temp 10.6c

Wind W/S/W Avg 8.6mph

Gusting 27.3mph

Rain 1.8mm

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Rain started here about 07:30, drizzly at first the turned to light to moderate. 4.2mms so far.

Temperature of 12.0C.

Still dull, but apparently drier prospects likely later.

MIA

Posted

Just checked back in briefly and lord have mercy give us some sunshine to, after such a promising start it's been unbelievably grey recently with day after day after day of no sunshine or daylight.

Posted

An update...

Still light rain and dull here.

Now up to 6.2mms

The temperature has now dropped to 9.4C - with the wind veering to the NNW.. Was this expected?  

It looks as though we were under a trough moving from SW to NE up the line of the cold front.

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted

A lovely sunrise this morning, Temp 4.8c.

post-12319-0-31091800-1445755427_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Minimum overnight of 1.8C, with ground frost..

Now at 8.1C with sun just breaking thru the high layer of cirrus.

Nice cool day ahead me thinks.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hazy sunshine all day here. Pleasant. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Hazy sunshine all day here. Pleasant. :)

Yes this is the weather I want all autumn, not 'orrid Atlantic stuff, Friday looks a writeoff, dry night wet day no doubt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The thick fog earlier today cleared by 1030 but it's stayed misty, grey and overcast with a gentle E/SE breeze. Fairly mild though at 10.8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Seemed warm today, mist & muck to start with and then brightened up a little and thats when it was quite warm but then the rain came.

The next three days looks fairly wet at times but hopefully the weekend looks drier.

Posted

Just started raining here, Temp 11.1c 

Posted

Yess bring those warm southerlies up, heavy rain on and off last few hours and grim all day today so hoping for 17c+ temps and sun this weekend.

Posted

This mornings and early afternoon was nothing short of stunning. 16c, sunny, little wind and people had the Windows right down on cars, multiple soft top roofs were down. Definitely late summer Esque. Fantastic that the weekend looks to offer more of the same. :D

Will be reverting back to shorts for walking the dog this week. :)

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

Rain has finally petered out now, With a few clear patches now breaking through.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Always find this a funny time of year. It's stunning out and about, but there's not much to talk about weatherwise.

In late October/early November, we can get snippets of interest. (The warmth of Halloween last year springs to mind) Despite the boringness of the actual weather, I do look forward to it each year simply because it gives a lovely autumnal atmosphere. Although since I became a tram driver I look forward to it slightly less so because it's a bit harder to get the things to stop where I want them to at this time of year!

November is a month that I found almost identical to the UK weatherwise when I lived in Ohio. Very similar conditions are possible. The only difference is the odd severe thunderstorm that can come rattling along later in the month there before the first blast of really true cold air arrives. Would be nice to get that here too!

Edited by Gord

Posted

Looking forward to getting the shorts back out this weekend on Sunday if its sunny. Will definitely be warm! Could push 18/19c here. :)

Posted

Looking forward to getting the shorts back out this weekend on Sunday if its sunny. Will definitely be warm! Could push 18/19c here. :)

Forgot we could be getting our 2nd successive warm Halloween...though not quite as warm as last...but am I right in thinking it  won't be far off?

Remember my wife organising an art opening last year, and switching from mold wine to Pimms at the last minute!

Edited by Gord