Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

13.7mm recorded mainly during the evening.

Sunny spells developing, but heavy showers look like moving in later. Temp a pleasant 15C.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Right oh, been away moved away to the South East but the family has not settled at all... so the Big Snow clan are looking to head back to the Peak District.. im of course very happy as this improves my chances of seeing snow during winter months... only thing to do now is find a house above 200m asl, just seems to be a lack of anything really nice about.... so if anybody in the group knows of anybody who has property to rent in the Peak District for a family of 2 adults 3 children (2 have additional needs) so good size 3 or 4 beds with a decent garden we ideally want to be back before xmas or sooner.... thanks in advance, Hope everybody has had a good spring/summer... looking forward to the upcoming Winter...

Regards

BS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Torrential rain just now, easing off a bit. Hill fog, pretty unpleasant today.

Posted

Welcome back IB and Bigsnow..

Hope you find your ideal home Bigsnow. Ideally with a street light outside!!!

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Pretty wet day but some warm sunshine too for a bit. Warm throughout.

Posted

Welcome back IB and Bigsnow..

Hope you find your ideal home Bigsnow. Ideally with a street light outside!!!

MIA

Thanks.... will be good to be back up there and spend the winter with you all in here....

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A very wet morning here with moderate rain and overcast, Temp 14c.

Posted

Well a property has been located and is being viewed at the weekend.... its in Crich in the peak district and thus far the best ASL i can find is 197m asl.... not the 200m i was looking for but 3m aint gonna make any difference..... its on Big Snow and his merry clan are coming home.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Right oh, been away moved away to the South East but the family has not settled at all... so the Big Snow clan are looking to head back to the Peak District.. im of course very happy as this improves my chances of seeing snow during winter months... only thing to do now is find a house above 200m asl, just seems to be a lack of anything really nice about.... so if anybody in the group knows of anybody who has property to rent in the Peak District for a family of 2 adults 3 children (2 have additional needs) so good size 3 or 4 beds with a decent garden we ideally want to be back before xmas or sooner.... thanks in advance, Hope everybody has had a good spring/summer... looking forward to the upcoming Winter...

Regards

BS

Hope you find the right home Bigsnow. I would never want to live in the SE personally. Think its pretty boring there tbh and too crowded. Give me raw nature anytime.

• Like 1

Posted

Well a property has been located and is being viewed at the weekend.... its in Crich in the peak district and thus far the best ASL i can find is 197m asl.... not the 200m i was looking for but 3m aint gonna make any difference..... its on Big Snow and his merry clan are coming home.....

Good choice, Big Snow.

Crich always takes a part in any snowfall!

MIA

• Like 1

Posted

Chance of seeing the Aurora very close to us lot tonight! http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/node/45

Posted

Saw the Aurora here earlier was only faint but lovely to see, Trying to stop awake hoping to see more. Patchy cloud Temp 7.4c.

Posted

Good luck PM.

Went out 20 minutes ago. Totally clear here, but no sign of NL.

Blooming cold outside already I am recording 6.0C already.

MIA

Posted

I would love to see them. Never have before even despite a trip to Iceland but alas it was always cloudy. Shall try and stay awake longer than usual tonight.

Posted

I would love to see them. Never have before even despite a trip to Iceland but alas it was always cloudy. Shall try and stay awake longer than usual tonight.

A wonderful sight to behold.

I was lucky enough to see them one night in the 1954 -6 period from North Nottinghamshire.

MIA

• Like 1

Posted

It always seems very difficult to get the Aurora further south than Northern England. Really is a north south divide generally.

Posted

Quite on here - goes with the quiet weather of the last 30 hours.

Yesterday was a nice quiet day with a min of 7C overnight and a max of 16.6C.

80% clear this morning with a temp of 5.0C and a minimum of 4.2C.

Another pleasant day before the east wind picks up?

Posted

Gorgeous warm sunny day again. Leaves on the trees are turning into some stunning colours now.

Posted

Thick Fog here with a low of 3.1c, Currently 8.7c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

Hi Everyone

Good to see all of the familiar names are still here. Im glad to be back :)

Posted

Snowsie...

Welcome back.

:D :D

What are you doing posting at 04:30?

Maybe I shouldn't ask? :nonono: :nonono:

After a mainly cloudy night the temperature fell towards dawn and is now at 9.2C with the sky looking as though it is clearing.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

This weekend is a copy of last weekend (Sat) 'Mist and low Cloud' (Sun) High Cloud to start with then a lovely day with blue skies.....Emmmm!!!.. I hope :whistling::D

MIA... It must be as soon as folk start in having to put their heating on they start coming back :cold:  Welcome back 'Snowsie' :hi: