Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Mainly clear overnight, but mist/low cloud rolled in about 07:00.

Temperature dropped to 5C overnight, and is now 8.2C

looks a bit similar to yesterday when the cloud cleared slowly from about 10:00 onwards to leave a gorgeous pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Outstanding day today. Gin clear blue skies all the way once a little must burnt off. Very pleasantly warm. Perfect October weather. Quite hard to believe advent and Halloween begin next month with conditions like this! Great to see the whole weekend looks very similar too.

Posted

Fingers crossed the fog dodges here this weekend, took till around 1pm to clear today and yesterday but been in work till 4 so no bother, would be nice for this weekend to be clear start to finish and grab some final sunshine before the Atlantic steamrolls in Monday.

Posted

^^^ Oh shock of course now it's the weekend the entire countries bathed in thick fog with no sign of breaking up urgh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Cloud :(Who cares!!!!  Day in doors for me watching a few movies, might even indulge in a KFC bucket later while waiting for the RUGBY to start :)

Posted

As DWIW says. Very dull today

Min o/n of 4.1C Temp now pretty much max is 12.7C.

Wheres the sun gone for the weekend?

MIA

Posted

Coldest day in forever, max of 9.7c still thick gloom, all this following 5 glorious warm summery 'working weekday' afternoons :nonono:  :nonono:, expect same tomorrow then 20c Monday just watch.

Posted

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs484.gif

Might happen, GFS still going for 19/20c widely across the region, depends on how bright it is between showers I guess.

Fingers crossed tomorrow isn't so grotty, a chilly 5.5c at the mo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Must say it was disappointing on Saturday but there were some patches of blue sky and a little sun now and again for here and not too cold so no where near as bad as the usual spots. Looks better for today (Sunday) and then next week for some warm days albeit with some rain. All in all, I really cant grumble with this week. Glorious overall.

Posted

Hurray clear blue skies this morning after a generally cloudy night, low of 5.4c

Posted

Lovely morning....Yesterday here temps just managed 12c under that cloud.... :closedeyes:

Today we will see 16c-17c and Glorious a day head it's going to be.....Very pleasant :D 

Posted

Another glorious warm day here. :)

Posted

Lovely morning....Yesterday here temps just managed 12c under that cloud.... :closedeyes:

Today we will see 16c-17c and Glorious a day head it's going to be.....Very pleasant :D

DWW

Lovely day. Min I recorded overnight was 5.1C, so still likely just below normal  temps.

Is this the last of the colder than average, but simply beautiful days  for a while?

Ive loved the weather this last 10 days.

MIA

:D :D :D

Posted

Whilst yesterday was just cloudy we have had no must or fog at all here. Since last Friday or Saturday it has been wall to wall sun. Does great to lift the spirits.

Posted

Yes MIA what a great week we've just had...You won't hear me moaning :)

You asked is this the last of the colder than average...Long way off yet but this chart 6z (gfs 384h) could suggest :cold:

gfsnh-0-384_czu2.png

Posted

You asked is this the last of the colder than average...Long way off yet but this chart 6z (gfs 384h) could suggest :cold:

gfsnh-0-384_czu2.png

Would be interesting if that came off. Would be the highest pressure over Greenland since late 2010 in that exceptional cold spell I reckon. But that chart is so far out and predicting Greenland height rises is so fickle.

Posted

DWW...

If that came off, I would be thinking very carefully about my name! Perhaps I could call myself UKIA!! :D :D :D :D

MIA

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate sometimes heavy rain from around 6am, With the hills shrouded in cloud and blustery winds stripping the trees, Autumn proper at last, Lovely.

Temp 10.6c

Posted

Dull and breezy with little bits of rain.

1.3mm of rain recorded with a temp of  13C (and rising!)

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Moderate sometimes heavy rain from around 6am, With the hills shrouded in cloud and blustery winds stripping the trees, Autumn proper at last, Lovely.

Temp 10.6c

I'm in full agreement with that sentiment, P.M!

The wind was gusting to 36 mph earlier this morning, nothing out of the ordinary but a major change from recent weather.

Thick fog and continuous moderate-heavy drizzle at the moment, all blown along by a 24 mph SE wind.

Posted

Please tell me how this weather is lovely? I appreciate different views and each to their own but to me It's so unsocialable stuck indoors type stuff. I want to be outside and active but it's so much harder in the rain or worse, things have to be cancelled. :(

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

Trying to work today outdoors.....Not good :nonono: it has to be dry for what i do, so when the forecast this morning said after a little rain to start with, the rest of the day will be largely dry

Yeh! right on and off for most of the day here  :nonono: In the end had to cancel  :nonono:  not doing it now til the end of the week when it looks to be much better.

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Well we had a bit of sunshine as expected this afternoon here and a lovely very warm 20c (for October standards) was reached. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

21.4 mm of rain in the 24 hours to 0800 g.m.t today makes yesterday the wettest day here since June 12th when 22.1 mm was recorded.

• Like 1