Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Looking forward to getting the shorts back out this weekend on Sunday if its sunny. Will definitely be warm! Could push 18/19c here. :)

so am I, not the shorts but the weather, looks good after Sunday aswell

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Some nice Fog banks down in the Valleys here under the bright Moon.

post-12319-0-48420300-1446060145_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

Last Halloween was completely sunless and misty here all day despite 17c max, hopefully this weekend will be sunny providing  decaying front stays west Sat.

Posted

Last Halloween was completely sunless and misty here all day despite 17c max, hopefully this weekend will be sunny providing  decaying front stays west Sat.

still not bad though 17C, could have been miles worse, wet, or worse still 6C and rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

still not bad though 17C, could have been miles worse, wet, or worse still 6C and rain

There you've gone and said it !

No chance of a decent weekend now :sorry:  :cc_confused:  :aggressive: 

MIA   :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Shorts out and ready for any sunshine in the coming week. Cloudy now but very mild too!

Posted

Been a bit yucky today. Mild and rain is never nice but mild and sun through Autumn (and even winter, although I know it's not prefered in this corner of the internet!) always gives a pleasant feel. So hopefully some of that to come. Not too fussed about breaking records this time of year, just good to get something a little unusual going on.

Looks like the temperatures might give us something to discuss as we enter November. First little piece of what will lead up to yet another winter on this forum!

Edited by Gord

Posted

Shorts out and ready for any sunshine in the coming week. Cloudy now but very mild too!

your area looks great, bbc 10C max monday for me, hopefully wrong of course

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

your area looks great, bbc 10C max monday for me, hopefully wrong of course

Same here  :)  BBC, 10c for Monday and the Met office for Monday has fog all morning and a cloudy afternoon and temps don't even get into double digits  :cold: 

Posted

Been a bit yucky today. Mild and rain is never nice but mild and sun through Autumn (and even winter, although I know it's not prefered in this corner of the internet!) always gives a pleasant feel. So hopefully some of that to come. Not too fussed about breaking records this time of year, just good to get something a little unusual going on.

Looks like the temperatures might give us something to discuss as we enter November. First little piece of what will lead up to yet another winter on this forum!

Well, I'd rather it stayed warm until mid December, and then for us to drop into a cold and snowy spell. We've had the worst winters for snow ever in the past couple of years, god owes us big time!

Posted

Well, I'd rather it stayed warm until mid December, and then for us to drop into a cold and snowy spell. We've had the worst winters for snow ever in the past couple of years, god owes us big time!

I'd rather it stayed warm until late Nov, as even here the 'significant snow' possible time arrives then

• Like 1

Posted

Persistent moderate rain here this morning, 3.8mm so far. Temp 8.9c 

Posted

Better beach weather showing up for West Wales this Sunday than any Sunday in the Spring/Summer  :laugh:  :laugh:

19c being shown there on GFS!

In the meantime grotty wet start, should hit 17c later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Some people probably won't mind it, but not the sort of weather to wake up to in the morning. Cloudy and rainy, but luckily not terribly cool. Almost makes you just want to slip back in bed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Morning all.

Dull and dank here now after (apparntly ) plenty of rain overnight.

9.9mms of rain recorded and a temperature of 14.0C.

It looks as if the rain is now dieing out. Hopefully anyway, as 4 grandchildren under 10 in the house and desperately needing to get out!!!

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A real waste of a day in these parts. Yes, it was very mild (max 16.7 °C) but it certainly wasn't a nice day. There were a couple of brief sunny breaks, but I do mean brief. For the entire lunchtime period, for example, it was almost continuous light drizzle and murky, dark grey skies. This persisted long into the afternoon. Only saving grace is that it was a weekday. Give me 9 °C and a brisk sunny northerly any day.

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted

A balmy high of 17.5c today despite a lack of sunshine once again (did briefly appear around lunchtime but was grim by work finish again).

Still 15.5c at the minute and around 16/17c around West Wales/NW England, here's hoping for sunshine tomorrow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

18c today. Dull drizzly afternoon but pleasant morning and lunch. Should be an exceptionally pleasant and warm weekend.

Posted

Sun finally out now after a grey misty morning, 14.5c

Edited by conor123

Posted

Gorgeous day! 16c and non stop sunshine since late morning. :D beautiful.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

19c at Gloucestershire Airport!

15.9c max here in the end crystal clear now after earlier cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A max' of just 10.3c here and that was around 1800 after all the fog and cloud had cleared.

Just over 44 hours of sunshine and no sunless days during the first half of October but only 19 hrs of sunshine and 8 sunless days in the second half.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Gorgeous day! 18c and non stop sunshine since late morning. :D beautiful.

Impressive temperature variation -- only 15 °C max here. Still, once the rain disappeared and the sun came out, it was a vastly improved day compared to yesterday. This sort of late-October warmth is very welcome!

Posted

Impressive temperature variation -- only 15 °C max here. Still, once the rain disappeared and the sun came out, it was a vastly improved day compared to yesterday. This sort of late-October warmth is very welcome!

Whoops. Sorry it was 16c here. Typing on my phone. Clearly my big fingers are too much for the small buttons here! Far too many times I end up typing a full stop instead of a space on this iPhone. Also new lines are easily started. Don't get me started on autocorrect too. Haha. Nearly sent one very awkward message yesterday! Lol.

Regardless, the shorts were out today. It felt super! :) wunderground does suggest 15-18c was the norm across the area today especially around 16c. Probably a slight UHI affect around these parts more. I am close to Merry Hill so quite a built up effect. Have seen some impressive variations in temperatures in the car recently. Notably some weeks ago I was driving from kiddy to home in the evening. In the rural areas it was some 2-3c cooler than just a couple of miles into the more urban Stourbridge. Had the window down too and could certainly notice the difference too.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

Whoops. Sorry it was 16c here. Typing on my phone. Clearly my big fingers are too much for the small buttons here! Far too many times I end up typing a full stop instead of a space on this iPhone. Also new lines are easily started. Don't get me started on autocorrect too. Haha. Nearly sent one very awkward message yesterday! Lol.

Regardless, the shorts were out today. It felt super! :) wunderground does suggest 15-18c was the norm across the area today especially around 16c. Probably a slight UHI affect around these parts more. I am close to Merry Hill so quite a built up effect. Have seen some impressive variations in temperatures in the car recently. Notably some weeks ago I was driving from kiddy to home in the evening. In the rural areas it was some 2-3c cooler than just a couple of miles into the more urban Stourbridge. Had the window down too and could certainly notice the difference too.

6310i rules! I never have problem, iphones suck, of always for this use keyboard/computer,