Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/06/15 onwards

Posted

hmm well what a lovely boring dull cloudy morning with temps at 13.2°C and a big downgrade on cape right can't say I am surprised with the amount of cloud about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

hmm well what a lovely boring dull cloudy morning with temps at 13.2°C and a big downgrade on cape right can't say I am surprised with the amount of cloud about.

Seems the better conditions have moved East again with skies clearing already there...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Looking at sat 24, the stuff over the channel is dying and thinning. Nice clear slot heading over. Fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Well, its murky and cloudy here, certainly not storm-like. :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Looks like most people last night missed out. What terrible forecast from charts and weather forecast. Don't think I've ever seen such a terrible outcome to some very positive forecasts. 0.4 mm of rain fell before midnight last night! Today doesn't look that good either! Well, maybe next time whenever that will be!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms of any kind, Snow

Looks like most people last night missed out. What terrible forecast from charts and weather forecast. Don't think I've ever seen such a terrible outcome to some very positive forecasts. 0.4 mm of rain fell before midnight last night! Today doesn't look that good either! Well, maybe next time whenever that will be!

I'm sure there wasn't really anything forecast for last night? The main action was always going to be today...don't lose heart so quickly

• Like 2

Posted

I'm sure there wasn't really anything forecast for last night? The main action was always going to be today...don't lose heart so quickly

I know, but things did look towards yesterday afternoon quite interesting. I'll try not to, just get very frustrated sometimes but yeah, we'll see what happens today. Charts seem to be going for more inland areas today instead of coastal areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

The BBC South Today forecast looks good for me, but should I believe it?

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

No need to panic.. Let the heat build for later this afternoon/evening. That is when the main action is expected for the South at least.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted

On closer inspection the cloud is thinning and the sun has come out 13.7°C need the temp to rise now though and get some surface heat building to help.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms /Snow

Hoping to have a carol kirkwood Humdinger today.....cloudy and humid right now....☺

Posted

Humdinger 

The Kirkwood curse could strike again  :rofl:

That said no need to feel disheartened just yet, it isn't even 7am yet. That said why am I awake when I have a 6pm-11pm shift to do later. The high cloud should burn away slowly, we will just need to get the sunshine and heat to break the cap over central areas. Again though all eyes should be to our south for further developments.

Well Captain, if the forecast is right you could be working while the whole thing moves through.  Hope not, for your sake. Looks at though 20:00 and later in the Norfolk area

Posted

On closer inspection of charts, looks like upper winds will be nearly straight E or ESE today meaning just inland areas (where I'll be in Honiton) might see some interesting action today. I just hope it doesn't affect my work... LOL :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well Captain, if the forecast is right you could be working while the whole thing moves through.  Hope not, for your sake. Looks at though 20:00 and later in the Norfolk area

Well I am currently delivering pizzas (well until the 22nd when I start a new job up in Cambridgeshire) so i will be out and about in the potential madness. I am not expecting anything here until evening when hopefully we will start to see some imports, anything surface based will develop west of here most likely.

Posted

Good morning everyone, well here is to a good day radar watching etc, not expecting storms here, met office forecast has sunshine till 11am then cloudy skies and temps of only 19c, currently hazy sunshine here, light easterly breeze so feeling fresh.

Posted

Cells have come from nowhere in the new forest area recently could be the start of something already down there 13.9°C

• Like 1

Posted

14.9°C already here. Definitely some action further east so will have to keep occasionally watching the radar at work... ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

A nice, comfortable, pleasant and warm morning with plenty of blue sky. GFS last night not bringing the dewpoint temps too high here although the NMM favouring higher dewpoint temps. I currently favour GFS with that respect. Evening when it cools sees temps and dew points get closer together.