Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/06/15 onwards

Posted

Flashes of lightning to the east and heavy rain, just had one closer with thunder! Hope it holds for you all along the coast and inland :D

• Like 1

Posted

They are weakening, however the question is what happens when it reaches our shore?

Will be interesting to see what happens when the arrive over the IOW which seems to be the first stop for the main system, followed by Bournemouth and Southern Dorset

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

There occasionally seems to be very random but large bursts of sferics around Poole occasionally? Very strange...

• Like 1

Posted

Absolutely cracking CG strike on the Bournemouth Webcam just then.

• Like 1

Posted

Beautiful forces of nature...they put us pesky humans in our place!

Yes true. The only storm I enjoyed in recent years was during one night later in August last year with those storms that behave and stay over the Pyrenees. I had friends down on holiday and it was quite magical because the storms were on the southern side of the mountains, the north side was clear  there were so many flashes of sheet lightning that they ran for the entire length of the mountains from my terrace. I put on some classical music, I think it was the planets, opened another bottle of wine and we sat there for an hour enjoying the light show. What was really nice is that the lightning flashes lit up  the Pyrenees and with the north side being cloud free you could see the mountains clearly with the lightning.

I should have really recorded it because it was quite stunning, I'm sure many in here would have loved it.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've just unplugged everything. There was a large CG and now there is a burning smell in the house. Incredible stuff!

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

I'm staying put at the moment lol I should go somewhere rather than here because the protective dome normally goes up around Aylesbury lol and everything passes west or eat of here hahahaha

Yeah know about that up the Aylesbury vale here!! Seen many a storm turn it's nose up at LB and go elsewhere ;-) particularly galling tonight as I'm from Bournemouth. They get all the bloody storms! *stamps feet*

Posted

Yeah know about that up the Aylesbury vale here!! Seen many a storm turn it's nose up at LB and go elsewhere ;-) particularly galling tonight as I'm from Bournemouth. They get all the bloody storms! *stamps feet*

Haha Glad I'm not the only one. I feel your pain I have family who live in Hampshire, I was going to visiit them today and stay for the weekend but decided not too lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

There occasionally seems to be very random but large bursts of sferics around Poole occasionally? Very strange...

Sporadic but BIG strikes - I can confirm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

It's as if it's holding it all in, then thinking "meh" and just letting it all out. Now, if it could do the same and travel along to Weston-super-Mare and do the same, that'd be a treat. :)
  • Like 2

Posted

Oh i couldn't wait for the free radar to update lol So I had to buy premium lol

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

I've just unplugged everything. There was a large CG and now there is a burning smell in the house. Incredible stuff!

pint in hand,ciggarete dropped down the sofa? Calm down Cliff ;-) storms can make you do the craziest things!, I ran out the house in

the wifes shoes once as a storm broke overhead

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Haha Glad I'm not the only one. I feel your pain I have family who live in Hampshire, I was going to visiit them today and stay for the weekend but decided not too lol

Yeah typical! I'll let them have the storms as our snow is much better. As in not like once every 5 years growing up in bmth ;-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Windy, rumbly, flashy or snowy.

Now, if it could do the same and travel along to Weston-super-Mare and do the same, that'd be a treat. :)

I am 100% behind this. It's been so warm and moist today I think we of WsM deserve a good shouty, flash thing.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I cant tell which direction they are heading? North or North west?

Just looked on Radar and they heading North West, damn why did I get myself excited haha? Oh well, hopefully tomorrow is the day because im tired of being in the middle.

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Just a couple of snippets as it was arriving..

Not sure they're showing on here? I can view them on the app, but I'm seeing an error from the embedded ones.

fixed.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

it's kind of cool, but I was just having a cheeky smoke and brew in the back garden looking south and every now and again I can the faintest flicker of lightning reflecting of the high cloud currently overhead....I'm in Lyneham Wilts which is 50 odd miles NNW of the IOW.....nice!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Just a couple of snippets as it was arriving..

Not sure they're showing on here? I can view them on the app, but I'm seeing an error from the embedded ones.

^ Edited your quote ^

Use the full length YouTube address (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=***) instead of the shorter one (https://youtu.be/***)

:D

Edited by Dale Hay
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Lightning has stopped here now and thecrain has got heavier. Might call it a night.

• Like 1