Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/06/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

I really want to purchase premium radar, but I have like an 80% storm fail when it comes to premium, so haven't purchased it in a while. Seems to me like the main storms are going to be west of me today, and about 40 west and 15-20 north tomorrow. Having said all that, I won't be charging the cameras, so who knows...

What does everyone think? lol 

Edit: The high level cloud has just starting rolling into town. 

Edited by tomp456

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Back for the weekends fun....or not, time will tell

Starting with this evenings sunset over Warley Woods using Brumcams diy sunspot lens

21.30 tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Can anyone see anything over the channel. That mass of lightning is HUGE! And getting closer...

Edited by Spikecollie

Posted

Hi everyone. Look sorry to bother you guys but last week I asked if we are likely to have any thunder in High Wycombe as I have a son with down syndrome and need to prepare for any adverse weather.

I am asking the same question again if anyone could help. Thank you in advance for any help. Stay safe everyone.

Same question and same answer to be honest, keep an eye on the radars both rainfall and lightning and you will see the direction it is all moving in.

Lightning radar here: http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page_0=10

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like IOW, Hants, Sussex will be interesting viewing places tonight, Culver Cliff or Portsdown Hill would be my places of choice!

Hoping it might make it to East Anglia later

i shall be down the sea wall behind haslar later.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Can anyone see anything over the channel. That mass of lightning is HUGE! And getting closer...

Darker clouds spilling in here. Feels ominous, but who knows what'll happen?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Estofex rarely I mean rarely issue a level 2 for somewhere in the British Isles thus take it seriously.

Last time I saw one was 19th July last year and there were some amazing storms that day.

• Like 1

Posted

I always have a bet on storms yes and I always win because storms are a VERY rare event so I should win this one lol

I do hope I get a storm it's the dog food bit I ain't looking forward to.

But it won't come to that I'm 90% sure.

Posted

im sat in the garden in Christchurch Dorset about 1/4 mile from the coast and high level cloud building and started looking darker by the minute to the south. I have few more beers and some gin so will be out here for a while and keep you updated :)

• Like 2

Posted

Hi everyone. Look sorry to bother you guys but last week I asked if we are likely to have any thunder in High Wycombe as I have a son with down syndrome and need to prepare for any adverse weather.

I am asking the same question again if anyone could help. Thank you in advance for any help. Stay safe everyone.

Would love to help, but can't. This is an evolving event. As others have said, keep an eye on the sferics and other precip. maps. I hope everything is OK for you - adverse weather is great to watch, but some suffer under it and I am (and I think many folks on here are) sensitive to that.

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 1

Posted

Would love to help, but can't. This is an evolving event. As others have said, keep an eye on the sferics and other precip. maps. I hope everything is OK for you - adverse weather is great to watch, but some suffer under it and I am (and I think many folks on here are) sensitive to that.

thank you guys

Posted

I always have a bet on storms yes and I always win because storms are a VERY rare event so I should win this one lol

I do hope I get a storm it's the dog food bit I ain't looking forward to.

But it won't come to that I'm 90% sure.

You might learn to love it - w/o ketchup!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Going by Blitozortung, there will barely be any storms in the SW tonight! Dying somewhat on its western edge.

Posted

Crazy cell heading my way...the best in Europe.

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 2

Posted

Just like Mapantz and Dave Reid, dark clouds to the south of here in Weymouth but nothing just yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Im thinking of heading up Culver Cliffs when/if things start to kick off now have a new set of wheels :)

Hello Neighbour, I seriously think the best bet to view the lightning coming in from a distant (if it reaches that is) You need to go either South Side of the Island or the West, the view from culver is far east, and the lightning will be behind ventnor downs, if you get what im saying

Posted

Good man, it's times like these I miss being where I belong, down on the hants coast!

yeah i bet! Well if i get any pics ill post them up lol

• Like 1

Posted

Hello Neighbour, I seriously think the best bet to view the lightning coming in from a distant (if it reaches that is) You need to go either South Side of the Island or the West, the view from culver is far east, and the lightning will be behind ventnor downs, if you get what im saying

IOW always is in a sweet spot when we actually manage to get a good set up here, 360 degree view!

I'll be watching from Portsdown on the mainland aha! 

• Like 1

Posted

Distant lightening on this webcam near Le Havre

http://www.viewsurf.com/univers/plage/vue/13586-france-haute-normandie-sainte-adresse-live

Lots more French webcams by region if you click

http://www.viewsurf.com/univers/plage/liste

• Like 2

Posted

Darker clouds spilling in here. Feels ominous, but who knows what'll happen?!

Same here along the coast. Feels quite eerie! Almost expectant too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

IOW always is in a sweet spot when we actually manage to get a good set up here, 360 degree view!

I'll be watching from Portsdown on the mainland aha! 

Haha, it depends which way the cells come from, we have a lot of high ground, but i get what you mean, we can drive anywhere haha, been sat on Brading and Culver downs watching mainland storms before now lol :p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

im sat in the garden in Christchurch Dorset about 1/4 mile from the coast and high level cloud building and started looking darker by the minute to the south. I have few more beers and some gin so will be out here for a while and keep you updated :)

Yes, i'm not far from you and looking at the sky iI am thinking we could be in luck tonight. the camera is ready to go, hopefully i will be able to get some good shots.

good luck to everyone 

Posted

St Boniface would be good...