Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/06/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

For me its come to the point of nowcasting, watching the radars, satellite imagery and lightning detectors. The latest BBC graphics on TV showed almost anywhere through Southern England seeing thunderstorms.

It only takes one cell the models did not show to develop and affect a large area.

Edited by Chris K
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

i have a feeling that although the met office has us in the warning area i dont think we will see anything stormy, a very strong easterly componant to the wind keeping it fresher and will prob keep the storms further west.

They won't have any effect if it's elevated stuff. Look at the winds at 500hpa or 300hpa for tracking of the storms mate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Certainly looking good storm wise for cornwall /devon looking at radar .

Still not sure how far east any storms will be tonight ,As another poster has pointed out it only takes a small cell to fire up and turn into something worthwhile for other areas to come into the firing line ,in this set up i,v seen storms develope very quickly ,hope plenty of posters get some good ones ,an interesting day on offer tomorrow into saturday ,cheers .

• Like 2

Posted

Hey, have been reading the forum over the last few days and thought I'd make an account to join in with the chat too. Some interesting clouds here, I'm not really sure of the type but they look like those I've seen before in similar conditions. Looks like hopefully at least some of us will see something over the next 24 hours, will be watching the radars in over excitement! Good luck to you all!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Hey, have been reading the forum over the last few days and thought I'd make an account to join in with the chat too. Some interesting clouds here, I'm not really sure of the type but they look like those I've seen before in similar conditions. Looks like hopefully at least some of us will see something over the next 24 hours, will be watching the radars in over excitement! Good luck to you all!

Nice to have another Dorset-based user on here. Welcome aboard! I hope you get a storm as well. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms of any kind, Snow

I may be wrong but surely any storms that fire in N France this evening wouldn't make it past the French coast because of virtually no CAPE or anything over the channel and south of England?

Posted

They won't have any effect if it's elevated stuff. Look at the winds at 500hpa or 300hpa for tracking of the storms mate.

ok thanks, did not think of that, well here is hoping for at least one storm, stay safe everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

I may be wrong but surely any storms that fire in N France this evening wouldn't make it past the French coast because of virtually no CAPE or anything over the channel and south of England?

Look at MLCAPE, not SBCAPE. These are elevated thunderstorms so until they become rooted into the boundary layer then SBCAPE will have very little or no effect apart from making some pretty clouds.

Edited by Convective
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms of any kind, Snow

Look at MLCAPE, not SBCAPE. These are elevated thunderstorms so until they become rooted into the boundary layer then SBCAPE will have very little or no effect apart from making some pretty clouds.

Even looking at the MLCAPE charts there is pretty much nothing until the early hours?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Wind is decreasing, the sky is deepening, now just to wait for things to go bang, hopefully...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Sure looks like the south side of Jersey has had some fun recently

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

just watching lightningmaps.org web page.......I never knew that a bunch of orange, yellow and red pixels could give me such excitement....I need to get out more often  :crazy:

LOL

you won't get out much by looking at the monitor all day :crazy:

and if you switch from the uk blitzortung uk map for a few minutes then click back to it(tabs),it looks like wwIII has just started :D

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ladies and gents, children of all ages....

El Wessexo is Coming!!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Watching the BBC forecast just now, the graphics showed most of the precipitation to be more showery in nature rather than frontal, and also once it arrives later tonight it seems to just get stuck over most southern areas right the way through to tomorrow evening. The word 'thunderstorm' used quite a lot as well. Looked quite promising.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Nothing here in Limousin yet! Slow builder this one. Surrounded by storms and just in from La Souterraine, having seen some great anvils all around with visible updrafts. All will be good, but I bet I'm kept awake most of the night! Still I'll stay on here and keep yappin' if I am...It's absolutely baking and really humid - 30c on the car thermo.

• Like 1

Posted

Watching the BBC forecast just now, the graphics showed most of the precipitation to be more showery in nature rather than frontal, and also once it arrives later tonight it seems to just get stuck over most southern areas right the way through to tomorrow evening. The word 'thunderstorm' used quite a lot as well. Looked quite promising.

well of course it will get stuck,  there is no way on earth storms dare to stray any more north,  incase they enter the nw of england , thats a no-no

• Like 2

Posted

I had gut feeling this morning that most of South may just get "thundery" rain and S-East may get nothing but had chance of severe imported storms

we shall see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

That is an impressive clump in SW of France too,also,it is nice to see things moving NW/NNW too instead of NE etc,hope to see some show up here tomorrow evening/night but i feel that it will die of death again,might have to travel.

Edited by Allseasons-si