Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/06/15 onwards

Posted

I'm pretty glad I won't have too far to travel, chasing for me usually involves a 300+ mile round trip.....will be nice to sit and wait for them to come to me.

Good luck and safe journey to all you guys heading down this way tomorrow.

Edited by Dorset_Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

first sign of things happening in the south west with a clump of heavy showers developing and heading north westwards into west cornwall

post-4149-0-30753500-1434020820_thumb.pn

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Top of Portsdown Hill north of Portsmouth gives 360 degree views for miles and miles in all directions.  I added this spot into My Favourites in my sat nav last summer. 

Whilst there are numerous places to park - the place I actually parked happened to be under an electricity pylon on the top of a big hill.  Is this dangerous or are pylons earthed in such a way that the ground at the bottom doesn't get electrified if the pylon is struck?

And for those with a Google Maps equivalent, I make that here.

http://tinyurl.com/pefz3g3

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Everyone eyes on the radar, some rapidly intensifying area of rain! Though currently not electrified!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Everyone eyes on the radar, some rapidly intensifying area of rain! Though currently not electrified!

Indeed Ben, I think round one will kick off down there towards the far SW over the next couple of hours. The Lizard, perhaps Bodmin Moor or somewhere similar might be the place to be anytime soon as its all travelling ESE to NWN'wards.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Indeed Ben, I think round one will kick off down there towards the far SW over the next couple of hours. The Lizard, perhaps Bodmin Moor or somewhere similar might be the place to be anytime soon as its all travelling ESE to NWN'wards.

And this is becoming more evident on the Sat24 where the convection is kicking off!

Cloud thinning out too.

Edited by Ben Sainsbury
  • Like 1

Posted

cherhill r westbury white horse could be good viewing locations, About time we had a good thunderstorm round here 

Edited by On_Hiatus
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Harrow Viewpoint, for people who live in the North Home Counties/North London who want shots over London, brilliant spot just look out for illegal activities haha.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//51.620339,-0.3498343/@51.6192815,-0.3494057,16z

Know it well..................as a good view point that is and not for the other stuff (canine capers) :oops: Alexandra Palace is another good hotspot in London and the view from my bedroom too. (No link available) :D

• Like 3

Posted

Fairlight firehills give exceptional views of the English Channel. Only 1mile or so from me is a big artificial hill nestled in Russia Dock Woodland called Stave Hill strangely not many know of it. Providing 360 degree views.

post-19153-0-62110200-1434021990_thumb.jpost-19153-0-59323100-1434022008_thumb.jpost-19153-0-60048700-1434022303_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks potentially great for us over the next 2 days. Cornwall has been one of the few places the models and TV forecasts etc agree there will be ppn!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I've started a new thread to post your favourite local (or not?) viewing spots for storms:

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/83325-storm-viewing-vantage-points/

• Like 6

Posted

A few lightning strikes on the west coast of France? Not sure if this is real?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

UK weather scientific...latest probability map guidance

Black box outline is of concern for excessive rainfall.

post-15172-0-96355200-1434023068_thumb.j

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1434022778400.jpg

Awesome!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Im in the 0.6 area so there is some hope haha.

Posted

Awesome!

Indeed! Although I can't help but see a finger pressing a button...

Anyway umm yes I'm looking forward to any forecast that ESTOFEX may release for tomorrow afternoon onwards....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Game over up here now after some initial promise a couple of days back. Bah humbug!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything severe,preferably t storms

Hey guys,fairly new to this,after many years of following threads etc I decided to sign up a few months back,admitidly I don't post often,but I do enjoy reading the threads and posts from members... just wondering what the chances of a storm are in my area tomorrow day time as my Nan has found me a few jobs to do in her garden,mowing the lawns,trimming hedges etc, and would like to get as much done before any storms break out as I'd very much want to be able to watch and enjoy... also,if these do occur,is there a chance power could get knocked off as my grandad is on permanent oxygen due to having copd,he worries whenever storms are forecast as he has to go ten minutes or so without oxygen whilst changing to one of his portable oxygen tanks from the machine, would it be worth me preparing for a quick change over, just in case?

Cheers guys!!

• Like 2

Posted

Know it well..................as a good view point that is and not for the other stuff (canine capers) :oops: Alexandra Palace is another good hotspot in London and the view from my bedroom too. (No link available) :D

With a username like Lassie, I wouldn't dare pry into your knowledge of such things, OOPs I'm drifting off topic again.  :wallbash:

Game over up here now after some initial promise a couple of days back. Bah humbug!

Very enlightening CC, whats up now then, what's the latest? Soz, missed the IMBY reference, silly me. However it ain't over before it even begins that's for sure.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

Im in the 0.6 area so there is some hope haha.

Looks good for many areas. I believe the criteria for their probability map is the chance of lightning within 25km of a location.

So e.g people within the 0.7 area has 70% chance of seeing lightning within 25km. Their website details in full.

Edited by Chris K
  • Like 1

Posted

Concerning for the South Wales Valleys with all that discharge it has to go somewhere...