Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/06/15 onwards

Posted

Anyone know of a lightning detector that can be used on an Iphone and doesn't crash every 10 secs? I have lightning.org but it cashes Avery 5-10 seconds

Blitzortung.org works fine on my samsung s4, try that.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

"Il est arrivé le tonnerre gronde au loin" and the growing accessory clouds from the incoming (massive) CB have blotted the sun. Happy to stay here and wait for the action. I've just come from La Sout. and saw the anvils developing. It'll be all good...

Posted

how is speed on your S4 ? great app -but runs VERY slow on my Note 3 :(

runs fine using my wifi or 4G which i get here

Posted

The cells all want to meet in the middle over me anyway by the looks of things. Too be honest, I've had a couple of beers with the neighbours after getting back and I never drive after alcohol - I'm happy to sit in the garden (with another beer, and maybe another...) and watch what happens! The humidity is now incredible, felt like this rarely, even here! More like what happens with a "marin" event in the south...I'm still in my shorts and t-shirt and I feel like I need another cold shower which I had before I went to La Sout.

Edited by Spikecollie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Beginning to think Cornwall will miss most of the action now. Devon and Somerset in particular look to do very well imo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just reposting my post in the SW thread....hopefully W09/Nick F will be around later to give their thoughts and any differing info in case I'm interpreting the charts wrongly

"storms this evening and overnight will become elevated, indeed I'd wager storms on the eastern flank of this complex are already elevated, as such surface heating (or lack of overnight) won't be a factor as it the middle trop that is/will destabalize

just to add though, in all likely hood, storms that fire tomorrow afternoon will be surface based (and potentially severe) and then in the evening a more organized complex of rain/storms will trundle north, and this will be elevated in nature.....I haven't checked the parameters for this more organized complex since yesterday, but as of yesterday it was in association with considerable deep layer shear and a strong LLJ which would be conducive to anMCS developing....(this might have changed though since my last model output perusal yesterday)

the 12z NMM should be out in the next few minutes/now so I'll have a look and post my thoughts for what they're worth a bit later

....a quick update, had a quick look at the 12z NMM output, and yes, an MCS is on the cards for tomorrow evening IMO.....deep layer shear, an abundance of SBCAPE & mixed layer CAPE, a warm moist air flow, strong 925hpa wind flow and a mesolow forming.....copious rainfall and plenty of lightning me thinks"

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: after the last year not rain rain & more rain!

Few spots of rain in Exeter,very dark to the south. Humid, wind dropped.

Posted

latest count on blitzortung-

13,543 strikes over france in the past 2 hours.

the source of those storms is heading our way....

fancy some of that?...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Few spots of rain in Exeter,very dark to the south. Humid, wind dropped.

Certainly is, hope we both see something.

Posted

latest count on blitzortung-

13,543 strikes over france in the past 2 hours.

Roughly the same as the number for the whole of North America at present...

• Like 2

Posted

For those of you who may not know about them - we have lightning radar apps (radar + ATD lightning detection) free on both Android and iOS. 

Android:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netweather.stormradar&hl=en_GB

iOS

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/netweather-storm-radar/id976072666?mt=8

Plus of course, here on the website we have the radar which includes lightning detection etc

http://www.netweather.tv/radar

• Like 5

Posted

Whoopee! Here we go now. First flash! Garden seat for me...will bob in and out...

• Like 3

Posted

Whoopee! Here we go now. First flash! Garden seat for me...will bob in and out...

Some monster cells heading your way too from the south

Posted

Some monster cells heading your way too from the south

Yep! Getting really dark, constant thunder in the distance. The air smells like sulphurous rain. This is going to be good good good!

Despite the wet sulphur smell, I'm breathing honeysuckle and warm. The neighbours must think I'm bonkers, but at least both next doors know I'm a storm lover! Getting closer...

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 4

Posted

Good evening to all

Ok and this sounds really grose but I have a bet on with a friend that nothing will happen in Bristol.

So here's the terms of the bet.

If we get a proper thunderstorm (NOT) thundery rain I will eat a fork of dog food and have to post a video as proof that I did it.

If we don't then all beers are on him tomorrow at the pub.

I really do want storms but I can see the usual thing happening and we will get absolutely nothing.

I'm aloud ketchup on the dog food lol so that's a good thing but I'm more than happy to loose the bet have a good storm and enjoy it.

So yeah a very weird post i know but get storms very happy accept I have to eat dog food no storms and a cheap day out.

I wish everyone in the west good luck no offence little usa but you've had your turn now it's ours hopefully.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Good evening to all

Ok and this sounds really grose but I have a bet on with a friend that nothing will happen in Bristol.

So here's the terms of the bet.

If we get a proper thunderstorm (NOT) thundery rain I will eat a fork of dog food and have to post a video as proof that I did it.

If we don't then all beers are on him tomorrow at the pub.

I really do want storms but I can see the usual thing happening and we will get absolutely nothing.

I'm aloud ketchup on the dog food lol so that's a good thing but I'm more than happy to loose the bet have a good storm and enjoy it.

So yeah a very weird post i know but get storms very happy accept I have to eat dog food no storms and a cheap day out.

I wish everyone in the west good luck no offence little usa but you've had your turn now it's ours hopefully.

Best of luck, chum! :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Best of luck, chum! :D

Pedigree Chum?

• Like 2

Posted

just reposting my post in the SW thread....hopefully W09/Nick F will be around later to give their thoughts and any differing info in case I'm interpreting the charts wrongly

"storms this evening and overnight will become elevated, indeed I'd wager storms on the eastern flank of this complex are already elevated, as such surface heating (or lack of overnight) won't be a factor as it the middle trop that is/will destabalize

just to add though, in all likely hood, storms that fire tomorrow afternoon will be surface based (and potentially severe) and then in the evening a more organized complex of rain/storms will trundle north, and this will be elevated in nature.....I haven't checked the parameters for this more organized complex since yesterday, but as of yesterday it was in association with considerable deep layer shear and a strong LLJ which would be conducive to anMCS developing....(this might have changed though since my last model output perusal yesterday)

the 12z NMM should be out in the next few minutes/now so I'll have a look and post my thoughts for what they're worth a bit later

....a quick update, had a quick look at the 12z NMM output, and yes, an MCS is on the cards for tomorrow evening IMO.....deep layer shear, an abundance of SBCAPE & mixed layer CAPE, a warm moist air flow, strong 925hpa wind flow and a mesolow forming.....copious rainfall and plenty of lightning me thinks"

you reckon it could make it to me still electrified?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Its more for the rainfall then storms i think Ben, h owever, rainfall with amounts forecast are serious enough to cause significant flooding..

Edited by Cyclonic
  • Like 1