Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - 03/07/15 onwards

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Put my clothes out based on the forecast that it was going to be dry this afternoon and lo and behold they're soaking wet within a couple of minutes. I'm not impressed.

Dry here since this morning and partly sunny. Was disappointed that the trough didn't deliver convection wise last night. Of course it is making an effort now as it clears the south-east lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A chilly but nice start to what hopefully will be a lovely autumn day.

Certainly better than this time last week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Anyone from Greater Manchester, south Lancashire, north Cheshire noticed the wind turbine that has gone up I think by the looks of it near Leigh? It's the tallest structure probably between the Hilton in Manchester and Fiddlers Ferry main stack.

Hideous things, I used to quite like them but now, having 5 commercial wind farms totalling over 60 turbines within an hours walk of home and a ruined moorland skyline enough is enough.

Maybe the one at Leigh is a spare one from up here, it's quite easy to over estimate on building jobs.

post-9027-0-44933300-1442651389_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

The first significantly chilly morning of the autumn today, with a low of 4°C last night. There's some light mist and fog too.

Posted

The first significantly chilly morning of the autumn today, with a low of 4°C last night. There's some light mist and fog too.

A sunny start here but gone cloudy and as you say, feels chilly although I am at 12c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Sunny and 14°C here after a min of 10.2°C not long after midnight. Going to Southport air show today; couldn't be better weather for it.

Edited by Chris R

Posted

Sun's back out again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

The promised sunny morning didn't materialise.  Needless to say it's the omnipresent grey lid and so cold outdoors I can see my breath.  Supposed to be swimming in the River Dee in Chester later on so I hope it cheers up.  Fed up with the British weather ruining everything for me.

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete

Posted

Hideous things, I used to quite like them but now, having 5 commercial wind farms totalling over 60 turbines within an hours walk of home and a ruined moorland skyline enough is enough.

Maybe the one at Leigh is a spare one from up here, it's quite easy to over estimate on building jobs.

More and more have been popping up like toadstools on the Pennines to the east of Manchester. It's ironic, in attempts to reducing air pollution, we are creating more eye pollution.

• Like 1

Posted

More and more have been popping up like toadstools on the Pennines to the east of Manchester. It's ironic, in attempts to reducing air pollution, we are creating more eye pollution.

It's going to get worse as well.

Scout Moor the 26 turbine abortion to the north of Manchester and one that makes up my 60 within walking distance has recieved planning permission to extend by another 17 with the only consolation being that initially it was to be 26.

Either way though it will still once again become the largest on shore wind farm in England.

Unfortunately eye pollution is way down the list of priorities when it comes to achieving renewable energy targets.

Unless of course the eye pollution is in more affluent parts of the country.

Posted

Wind farms are a disgrace ,the view from walney island now resembles a skyline from blade runner , 100s of 130 metre tall turbines just awful

Llandudno, lovely town, great views from the Great Orme until you look towards the Irish Sea and see a hideous array of wind turbines.

• Like 2

Posted

It's going to get worse as well.

Scout Moor the 26 turbine abortion to the north of Manchester and one that makes up my 60 within walking distance has recieved planning permission to extend by another 17 with the only consolation being that initially it was to be 26.

Either way though it will still once again become the largest on shore wind farm in England.

Unfortunately eye pollution is way down the list of priorities when it comes to achieving renewable energy targets.

Unless of course the eye pollution is in more affluent parts of the country.

See lots of them spoiling the rolling hill views, when I go to Tandle Hill Park or in parts of Oldham.  Can't have too much wind though, no because then they can't work efficiently...I think when they all going full throttle at once, they might just generate enough power boil the kettle and make a brew... :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

When do you reckon the snow will hit? Lol its been a crap summer hasnt it, very chilly nights...

Check out my partners vaping youtube vid for beginners, and share and comment if you want to help someone give up smoking http://youtu.be/NABUlbxNy04

Posted

Meant to say will see you all soon as winter kicks in again,or it may not! Its anybodys guess what the weathers going to do this year?

• Like 2

Posted

Yeah im ok thanks.... Come back off holiday last week, gorgeous private owned caravan, well mobile type home with gorgeous sea views in filey....lol first night frightened us to death, suddenly got stormy, could hear the sea in bed but cause it was windy it was really rough then the caravan was shaking...didnt get a wink of sleep that night!!! Funny though

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Glad to report the weather didn't disappoint me, lunchtime saw blue skies with some towering Cu wandering about in the distance.  Went swimming in the Dee at Eccleston Ferry (Chester), water temp. a bit low at 13C.  Should be around 14-16C in mid-September.

post-22254-0-23608300-1442676257_thumb.j

I was even caught smiling!

post-22254-0-85074400-1442676304_thumb.j

Swimmer's eye view

post-22254-0-04149700-1442676509_thumb.j

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete
  • Like 2

Yeah im ok thanks.... Come back off holiday last week, gorgeous private owned caravan, well mobile type home with gorgeous sea views in filey....lol first night frightened us to death, suddenly got stormy, could hear the sea in bed but cause it was windy it was really rough then the caravan was shaking...didnt get a wink of sleep that night!!! Funny though

lol I remember a similar incident at st bees ,couldn't sleep all night even with a drink in me :0...

Glad to report the weather didn't disappoint me, lunchtime saw blue skies with some towering Cu wandering about in the distance.  Went swimming in the Dee at Eccleston Ferry (Chester), water temp. a bit low at 13C.  Should be around 14-6C in mid-September.

attachicon.gifP9191400.JPG

I was even caught smiling!

attachicon.gifP9191413.JPG still to cold for me Pete !!.

Swimmer's eye view

attachicon.gifP9191416.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

A lovely early autumn day today. Admittedly the morning started off pretty cloudy, but at around noon it really brightened up. Now I have a sundog in the sky and a 20C temperature. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Areal chill in the air tonight ,it's comming ...... :0..

Been a lovely day, just a bit too warm for laying laminate flooring in a south facing conservatory.

At least it's done now and I just hope it lasts the 15 years of stifling heat to bitter cold that the one it's replacing did.