Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - 03/07/15 onwards

Thunderbolt_

Posted

I can understand people's desire for a northerly in winter, but what is there to like about one between late April and early October? All this has brought for me today is a 13C max and the typical stratocumulus infill by 10:00-11:00. It feels like late October out there! To top it off, it looks like it could start to rain too.

Hardly "pleasant" and "comfortable".

It's not a classic northerly anyway. It's just the wind flow between the low in the North Sea and the high to the west of Ireland. It wouldn't have been a brilliant northerly in winter, it's not a deep northerly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

was just thinking that Mr D, would not want this in winter, raw feeling, cheshire gap wet days at 4C, do not want it at anytime of the year, aye Scott, sucks in Sept too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Sunny periods this morning but the Sc dross back for the rest of the day.  Nowadays, whatever direction of wind, whatever type of airmass, low or anticyclone, the same result - Sc dross for most if not all of every day from breakfast to dusk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

A bit of a better day today - a little bit warmer at 17C and less cloudy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A sunny, although cool start to what hopefully will be a decent weekend's weather.

Once the sun gets to work and providing the cloud stays away it should feel warm enough later but with a day working in the garden today and a planned day walking tomorrow, I'll take dry and cloudy over sunshine and showers this weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

A chilly one tonight with temperatures set to fall to 3c rurally, giving

A ground frost in places

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Current temperature is 3.7c after dropping to 2c here with signs of a bit of frost on the cars.

That's the price we pay for the almost perfect walking we should get today and that is where I'm heading shortly.

IMO there is is little better than long days in the hills when the weather is on your side.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Looks like we're heading for some summery weather. Shame it's in the wrong season. Nothing surprising. Summer fails to produce, autumn steps up. Just when the sun weakens too much for me to tan. Rubbish.

Posted

Looks like we're heading for some summery weather. Shame it's in the wrong season. Nothing surprising. Summer fails to produce, autumn steps up. Just when the sun weakens too much for me to tan. Rubbish.

For me, I'm still accepting of warm spells during September because you can still get quite a bit of warmth still. I was back in the North East and today was a stunning summers like day with warm sunshine and temps approching around 19C and barely a cloud in the sky, the only difference is the evening's are drawing in quite fast sadly. Next week is looking pleasent and warm and the North West should be one of the best places to be as far as sunshine and warmth is concerned so enjoy this weeks weather regardless if you can get a tan or not. 

• Like 1

Posted

Three dry sunny days in a row.

I can't remember the last time that happened but it seems like weeks ago and it certainly made for good walking conditions yesterday.

Just a shame that yet again we've had to wait until autumn with the suns strength diminishing for a settled spell to arrive but I'd take it over wet and windy any day.

Currently 18c here after a maximum of 19c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

2 depressingly cloudy days and a sort of hazy sunny day here. Just crept past 18°C today. Haven't had a nighttime minimum in single figures yet This month, when is autumn coming then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Nice to see fog again this morning. It's been sorely lacking in recent autumns.

The south-easterly flow has developed now so we should have some far more pleasant days than at the start of the week. It makes such a difference. Edited by Chris R

Three dry sunny days in a row.

I can't remember the last time that happened but it seems like weeks ago and it certainly made for good walking conditions yesterday.

Just a shame that yet again we've had to wait until autumn with the suns strength diminishing for a settled spell to arrive but I'd take it over wet and windy any day.

Currently 18c here after a maximum of 19c.

keep that weather for my return please :)..

Posted

keep that weather for my return please :)..

Poor day here today, cloudy throughout and so far, the clearance to sunny spells has not arrived.

It has been dry but felt cool in the murk this morning.

As for the outlook, a couple more dry days on the way with maybe a bit of warm sunshine and then a breakdown to rain and wind just in time for the weekend.

I imagine it's a bit better where you are.

Posted

Cloudy crap day here but no rain so that's a nice change

Really murky here now or is it the long winter nights starting to show themselves.

Either way it's miserable outside.

• Like 1