Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 4th July and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

4.2c AT 83% humidity resulting in a 1.8c DP so on the wrong side of marginal here. I suspect the period roughly speaking from 3am to dawn when that band of organised bits and pieces of rain, sleet and snow comes down from the North will be the timeframe for our best shot. I expect a few reports from the Welsh folk elsewhere and maybe from some in the East but away from elevation in our region there isn't much chance of any white stuff settling. Nonetheless the first flakes will fall in some parts and for that we can be grateful especially so early in the season as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Snowing and settling on a37 and All surfaces!! How long it last I don't know I'm in pub.

• Like 4

Posted

That snow shower is teasing me so much :nonono:

It's a few miles south of me but just too far away , in fact I can see the edge of the cloud right now.

Hoping that the showers over the Brecon Beacons will survive the journey to here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Snowing and settling on a37 and All surfaces!! How long it last I don't know I'm in pub.

1-0 to Mulls's little hill then it is and now for the rest of us. Next snow scores coming in Dartmoor/Exmoor perhaps?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just had a grauple shower

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

1-0 to Mulls's little hill then it is and now for the rest of us. Next snow scores coming in Dartmoor/Exmoor perhaps?

Cold rain here so far. Mind you Princetown is 200 metres up from here should be different there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

1.8c. Anything coming close soon got to be wintry!

There's a blob of cloud that has been pasting Stafford and is headed your way. IF it doesn't fizzle out...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

There's a blob of cloud that has been pasting Stafford and is headed your way. IF it doesn't fizzle out...

Being keeping an eye on it. Does seem to be losing intensity though

Posted

Temp has gone back up here! went down to 2.9C after sleet shower now back up to 5C! The stuff coming out of Wales looks good, hoping it keeps the intensity as it heads into our region!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Look at that huge snow shower just passing on the high ground to the north where i am. Only a mile away. Looks like an early morning drive in order.

• Like 1

Posted

DP now -1C here. Unfortunately temp is going up and down like a yo-yo. And the ppn seems to be whipping across very quickly and fizzling out. Reading about some snow in Salisbury, though? We're all waiting on Wales to share nicely...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Snow has melted off paths and road but lying eerywere else. Should be interesting if we see some proper showers later this eveening..  :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

First snowflakes seen on the 2015/16 season here....I'm a happy chappy

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Snowing here but not settling, maybe it will overnight if it gets heavier. Very windy too.

Posted

UKsnowmap has a nice cluster over Salisbury Plain and the showers look as if they'll swinging my way...

... but at 4.3C I don't think it's gonna happen tonight. :sorry:

Still, not bad for November!

Edited by katemart

Posted

.. and saying that, I just had a last look out of the back door on my way to bed and there is the tiniest amount of dandruff in amongst the fine drizzle! :yahoo:

3.9C, DP -1.1C, WB 2.5C, 70% humidity.

Edited by katemart
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Radar shows a band of PPN heading south from the Midlands.

A quick look in the Midlands regional thread shows numer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Been heavy snow hear for a good hour everything white . A good covering . Got another hour(ish) I think . Really never expected this . A little hight helps

• Like 1