Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 4th July and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Snow shower just happened here. got gusty for a bit as it passed through. All turned to sleet fairly quickly. Lovely to see. Alas nothing has settled in Newbury but I suspect out on the downs and ridgeway may have been a bit more luckier.

Edited by Polar Bear

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Morning, out of hibernation.

On route to work this morning and it was heavy sleet with the occasional bursts of wet snow! Winters here

Fromey

Edited by fromey

Posted

Some non settling wet snow recently and looking forward to seeing if there's any hint of a dusting on Salisbury Plain or Cley Hill, however what has really caught my eye is how rapidly the front raced South ; the leading edge timings of 05.30 at Chippenham then 06.30 at Poole which is approx. 60mph!

Posted

Exceedingly unpleasant morning. Frequent moderate/heavy rain showers courtesy of the Pembroke Dangler one ongoing as I type. Temp 5C and blowing a hoolly from the north 30mph gusting 55. I wont be going out, hopefully.

The Dangler

post-12275-0-98441900-1448090025_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Wet snow mixed in with heavier rain bursts

Posted

Good morning winter weather watchers. I'm really looking forward to the hopes and dreams of a cold snowy one this year.

What a beautiful morning it is. Sun just showing through the clouds, strong breeze rustling through what's left of the leaves and a nice icy chill. Love it!!!!!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Never came to anything Just Gusty 43km/h. Clearing skies now.    4.0c.

Posted

Heating had to go on for first time last night, winter is here.

Temp was at 3.2c around 6:30am and then slowly started to rise, but is now down to 3c

The rain is passing over now, not a sign of any sleet or snow in it.

NW wind is 19mph with a few gusts to 30mph

Edited by lettice

Posted

Certainly had snow in the night but didn't see it, fast asleep. An icy slush remains on the flat roof, but thats all! Looking forward to this winter and here's hoping for plenty of snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Had sleet on the drive to work. Turned heavier than snowflakes began to fall for a good 30 minutes. Very wet ground though didn't settle. Good to see. Showery band now gone and blue skies behind. Raw Biting n'westerly wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Bright cold and sunny, Last of snow was melting away this morning when I left for work so doesn't count as a snow day but was nice to see.

Shock to the system though with that wind!  :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Sleet shower just now, heading up to Princetown later to see if anything is going on. Latest gfs suggests a cold zonal flavour next weekend. If that transpires which it won't again those with elevation and exposed to the north west might see a bit of wintery ppn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

That snizzle shower must have lasted all of 3 mins! Passed to the SW and into the Channel in the end.

Haven't braved the outdoors today but temp is 3.7C, with a wind chill of -3.7C! DP is -6.0! but humidity 49%.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Certainly chilly today! At least the wind has died down. Been warm for far too long but I'm not sure I like this cold!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Snow shower just happened here. got gusty for a bit as it passed through. All turned to sleet fairly quickly. Lovely to see. Alas nothing has settled in Newbury but I suspect out on the downs and ridgeway may have been a bit more luckier.

Was tucked up nicely in bed at that hour but it appears that I might have to note a SNOW falling day then PB, Thanks for the local (very) report.  :friends:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Was tucked up nicely in bed at that hour but it appears that I might have to note a SNOW falling day then PB, Thanks for the local (very) report.  :friends:

Oh good. Yep and reported too up at Fawley. I even popped outside and did a lamppost watch. Defo snow. Then sleet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Having a baby has its perks. I offered to give Heather's mum the afternoon to catch up on sleep, in return I drove heather all round the higher dartmoor routes chasing snow. She slept in the back for 2 hours while I was having a good time of it. Snow was falling to about 300 metres. In the heavier bursts it started to lay but nothing of any real note. Still I managed to get coated in snow, the baby slept, the wife slept, everyone's happy!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Same here, festivalking. I went up to the top of Dartmoor with Evening thunder, I experienced lots of heavy snow showers and the snow was even accumulating! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

-0.1c here. Lowest temperature of autumn.winter so far!

Edited by Mark N

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

So, a quick peek into the MOD thread and it seems things are progressing in the right direction for coldies at the moment... Or am I wrong?

Edited by khodds

Posted

0.6c here in Swindon, dropping fairly quick so may dip below freezing at some point...